Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
124»

Replies

• NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 shred today, I've been exercising for a year now, mainly cardio and my muscles are aching lol can't wait for tomorrow to do it all again :0)

I just started too, I've done day 3 now, and although I also ache, it is getting easier and less painful lol. Not sure if it's doing much, but I guess it's still early days yet. :)
  • dhwaney
    Options
    Apparently its 175 cals
  • halfpint002
    Options
    fantastic i was wondering how i was going to log it...i was using aeorbics to log but have now calculated it accurately thanks! x :)
  • toniaemilys
    toniaemilys Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I plan to start 30 day shred tomorrow. If you plan to start soon go ahead and add me. I could use some extra motivation and support!!
  • mkhan1288
    Options
    So, if I do 3.267 X 128 pounds divided by 3 = 139. How come I am burning such a low number of calories as opposed to the people who say they're burning 200 calories? Is it because of my height? (5'2")
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    So, if I do 3.267 X 128 pounds divided by 3 = 139. How come I am burning such a low number of calories as opposed to the people who say they're burning 200 calories? Is it because of my height? (5'2")

It's your weight. 128 pounds is simply not that much weight. If you weighed 150 lbs, you would burn @165 calories. If you weigh 175lbs, then you would burn @ 190 calories.
  • BumbleBean86
    BumbleBean86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today is the last day of the 30 day shred and exactly 3 months since I started working out and eating right! I lost a total of 8 inches from my body this last 30 days on the shred but the results from the past 3 months are awesome. Start date April 30th until now: My neck went from 14 inches to 12 inches, My chest went from 45 inches to 38 inches, My waist went from 39 1/2 inches to 31 inches :), My hips went from 44 1/2 inches to 38 inches, my upper arms went from 13 inches to 11 inches, my thighs went from 27 inches to 23 inches and i went from a flabby 200.8 lbs to a toned 175 lbs. I also went from a size XL /12 almost 14 dress size to a size 8 (with spandex that is loose on me) :) I love these results! Tomorrow starts Ripped in 30 for the next 30 days along with some Hip Hop Abs and Zumba for fun :)

This is amazing well done! :) Motivation for the rest of us go keep going! Im 40 days into the new "lifestyle" and 11 days into 30DS. Ive lost 11 pounds so far and lost 4 inches.

I put the workout as aerobic which comes up at 256 cals I think. You do burn more the heavier you are and a HRM is the most accurate way to tell. Ive just ordered one...
  • roxntab1
    roxntab1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would trust the calculation Jillian Michaels recommended. I used to use my HRM and found it was way too high. It would say i burned 400 calories when jogging on and off for 30 minutes while my treadmill would say 190 calories burned. Big time difference. I was very frustrated since the monitor was $50.