Do you log all your drinks?

Options
13»

Replies

• kam5507
    kam5507 Posts: 40
    Options
    All I drink is water, besides my morning coffee and that I do log. The diet sodas are a joke and not good for ya
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I don't log my coffee. I know I should, but even with 3-4 cups I'm not getting more than 10 calories. I use a tiny bit of Stevia and I don't log that either. I'm not trying to lose weight, so I don't feel like it matters; I feel like my diary is long enough as it is! I do log my water and on the rare occasion that I drink something other than water like a beer or a diet coke, I will log that.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    if it goes in my mouth, it goes in my log.
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do if it has calories. I don't drink aspertame, though, so it's not like I'm drinking diet drinks or anything. I also don't log alcohol, becuase I know that it's high in calories and terrible for me and I would just rather move on the next morning instead of lamenting about my calories along with the hangover. ;)
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea to log anything that isn't pure water in using at a couple calories per serving. My understanding is that companies can call there drinks Zero Cal as long as they don't have more than five calories per serving.

Check the label and see if it says something along the lines of "Not a significant source of calories from..."

That line wouldn't be there if the drink were truly Zero Cal.

Hey! I just found the official FDA food labeling guide.

N7. When the caloric value for a serving of a food is less than 5 calories, can the actual caloric value be declared?

Answer: The caloric value of a product containing less than 5 calories may be expressed as zero or to the nearest 5 calorie increment (i.e., zero or 5 depending on the level). Foods with less than 5 calories meet the definition of “calorie free” and any differences are dietarily insignificant. 21 CFR 101.9(c)(1)

N8. Should a value of 47 calories be rounded up to 50 calories or rounded down to 45 calories?

Answer: Calories must be shown as follows:

50 calories or less--Round to nearest 5-calorie increment: Example: Round 47 calories to “45 calories”
    Above 50 calories--Round to nearest 10-calorie increment: Example: Round 96 calories to “100 calories”
    21 CFR 101.9(c)(1) Also see Appendix H for rounding guidelines.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/FoodLabelingNutrition/FoodLabelingGuide/ucm064894.htm
  • bailuna
    bailuna Posts: 56
    Options
    I only drink water, and yes, I keep track of how much.
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Log everything! sodium. carbs, etc will show up even if no calories! Good habit to get into so you don't miss anything else. Just a suggestion.
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If I'm drinking something like a zero calorie sparkling water - no. If it's coffee, tea... anything that's not completely water based, yes.

Same.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Everything except water. I know I drink enough water so I don't bother logging it. Even if I drink Crystal Light or Diet Coke I need to keep track of not only my calories but my macros, so I have to log everything.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Log everything! sodium. carbs, etc will show up even if no calories! Good habit to get into so you don't miss anything else. Just a suggestion.

Yup. I always assume that a serving of diet anything will contain 4 calories of carb per serving. Not a big deal to some but I am an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic and watch my carb intake relentlessly.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I dont list if its just water flavoring, do if its diet soda and I log water/flavored water/seltzer in the water section.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I log everything!!!
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    I log everything i put in and around my mouth...