WTH?...How did I gain 3 pounds in a few days??

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Answer: You didn't. At least, you didn't gain three pounds of fat.

Water weight causes fluctuations for all kinds of reasons. And it can stick around for days. I've had 5-6 pounds stick around for 5-7 days after a particularly naughty day. It's not fat, it's retention cause by carbs, sodium, or from starting or changing an exercise program. Additionally, as a woman, you're going to retain water during certain times in your cycle. It's a fact. It will go away.

If it's going to make you upset, don't weigh so often.

^^this
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Take a big dookie, problem solved.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Take a big dookie, problem solved.

LOL!
    37108.jpg
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    My weight will actually fluctuate within 2-4 lbs daily depending on the time of day that I weight myself.... Just look at the average. Also...kind of ignore the scale and look how your clothes fit....and comments from other.
    Also remember if your hitting the gym and you loose bodyfat you are also gaining muscle at the same time. Muscle is what gives women there amazing curves!!!!

I agree!!
  • murphyfitfreak
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    real weight changes should happen after more than a couple of days. You can add easy weight with sodium and dehydration.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I gained 9 pounds in 4 days lol. It's like not even possible that I ate that much. Scales are pretty lame. And your weight is soooo back and forth sometimes. The best thing to do is to space out your weigh-ins. Maybe twice a month.
    Dont let that scale drive you crazy
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If you are eating a lot of sodium and not drinking enough water that can cause it.. It happens to me all the time

This. Drink like 12-14 cups of water today until your pee is crystal clear!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m25z1wUs4s1rt44a1o1_500.jpg
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I did too. lol. I usually drink tons of water but haven't for the last few days and I do feel bloated. I'm sure things will be fine in a few days.
  • shiftysheep
    shiftysheep Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You need to realise a 8oz glass of water weighs... well 8oz (0.5lb), if you drink the recommended 8 glass's that's that's 4lb of liquid & then there's food in your stomach/intestines/bowels that will also add weight. This will cause a lot of fluctuations though out the day, but this is not body fat or lean muscle, it's just the weight of the stuff in you & you will pass it. As someone already mentioned, make sure you drink plenty of water to stay hydrated & help your body let go of excess water.

I weigh myself once a week in the morning before I eat or drink anything & after I've been to the toilet.