That guy with fries

Options

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Poutine is poutine and Julep fries are Julep fries... actually, no direct connections unless you take a poutine with the julep fries!

I have not found pics of the Julep fries... but the damn poutine.... I did, full of them.... yummmmmm!!(drooling like Homer!)

poutine.jpg

Ugh!!!!! I can't believe you did that!!!!!

Oh, so yummy! I love poutine. Never heard of Julep fries (only been to Montreal a couple of times). But I love poutine and will probably be having poutine next weekend.

Hmmm... maybe dating a guy from Montreal is a good thing. Never had poutine (I am from the states)... but those look amazing and bad for me.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Distract him, steal 5 fries, eat them and enjoy the rest of your day.
  • fatboymax
    fatboymax Posts: 90
    Options

Next time i will do that old " hey look over there " just before i steal some fries
  • babesintow
    babesintow Posts: 59
    Options
    I try to eat something healthy before I indulge. That way I am partially full before I start in...so I can't eat too much and don't feel nearly as guilty later.
    I certainly know how you felt, recently I had to have my blood drawn for a check up. I had to go 12 plus hours without food or liquid.... while I was in the waiting room with several other people in the same boat...this woman walks in with fried chicken!!! She sits down next to her friend and looked at her and said..."I know you can't eat, but I am hungry and if your lucky I might save you some" As this thoughtless woman opened the bag the entire waiting area started to smell like fried chicken. All I wanted to do is scream at her...by the time I left the whole floor smelled like her food and I ran for the hills!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I try to eat something healthy before I indulge. That way I am partially full before I start in...so I can't eat too much and don't feel nearly as guilty later.
    I certainly know how you felt, recently I had to have my blood drawn for a check up. I had to go 12 plus hours without food or liquid.... while I was in the waiting room with several other people in the same boat...this woman walks in with fried chicken!!! She sits down next to her friend and looked at her and said..."I know you can't eat, but I am hungry and if your lucky I might save you some" As this thoughtless woman opened the bag the entire waiting area started to smell like fried chicken. All I wanted to do is scream at her...by the time I left the whole floor smelled like her food and I ran for the hills!

Wow, I would be finding a new friend. She couldn't wait for the poor woman to have blood drawn and then they could go out to eat together? This story reminds me of Stephanie Plum...
  • babesintow
    Options

Wow, I would be finding a new friend. She couldn't wait for the poor woman to have blood drawn and then they could go out to eat together? This story reminds me of Stephanie Plum...
  • babesintow
    Options

That was my first thought....my next thought was beating her senseless about the head and taking her food! LOL
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That is what treadmills are for, plan a "cheat time" enjoy the fries, put it into MFP and run the treadmill until they are all gone. The extra activity may even expedite their process through the digestive tract.

Losing weight does not mean you have to deprive yourself it just means you have to make good choices (sometime delicious choices will do). If all else fails you can murder the guy, enjoy his fries, and then appreciate the fact you won't need to choose your meals for the rest of your life...the treadmill seems easier, stick with that.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was at a gig the other day (G3, awesome!) with my boyfriend and some friends. We didn't have dinner, so they decided to go to McDonalds after the gig.
    I got a coffee, while they bought a full meal. Now, I am vegetarian and I always hated McDonalds food, except for the fries (they are awful, but I love fries so much I would eat those, if I am desperate) and my boyfriend happened to have them there, in front of me.
    I ate one. It was enough to satisfy my cravings and I guess it didn't hurt that much.
    For me, having a very small bit of something usually works, because I realise that I am craving it because it tastes good and not because I am really hungry.
    But I understand for some people this is a dangerous thing to do, because the risk is to end up binging on that food.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Cheating is a very, very slippery slope for me, so I avoid it. I know I won't just eat one fry, it will be an entire order of fries, then a brownie, and something else...followed by multiple days of cheating.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Fake a sneeze on his plate.
  • rondom41
    rondom41 Posts: 16
    Options
    LOL!
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I keep a little notebook and write down all my cravings in it - then give myself permission to eat all those things once a week. I never actually do it (usually wind up with some McDonald's fries and some sort of candy bar) but it's nice to check the list at the end of the week and see all the things I wanted but didn't eat.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Next time i will do that old " hey look over there " just before i steal some fries

Try "That's a weird place to put a piano" :smile:
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    At work they come in with pizza, chinese, bbq, fried chicken, and burgers and fries...They all pass my desk enroute to the lounge. When I smell it, I usally have the urge to want it too. But knowing what it will do to me, keeps me focused. Note to self! I will eat my planned luch everyday. I will be grateful to myself for sticking with it.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Lately, my daughter asks me to stop at Five Guys, so she can eat the fries in the car while I drive her 30 minutes to our destination twice a week. Sometimes, I can hold off asking her for one, or two, or three... Other times not. But, the aroma in the car lingers once she leaves, and it's hard to ignore. No suggestion. Only sympathy.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have been a good recently. I have made my lunches and drank water and balanced my meals. Then there is that 1 day when a co-worker sits down next to me with a giant plate of orange julep french fries (if you know mtl you know these fries)... would have murdered him just to have them. I was good got up and left but now i feel haunted by that smell.

How do you guys deal with junk food cravings? What are your weaknesses? I know moderation is the key but knowing that i could potentially murder someone for fries indicates to me that I might have other issues...haha!

Annoy your co-worker back by making sure to eat plenty of salad or carrot sticks while he's chowing down on his french fries. Also give his french fries plenty of condescending looks. Pretty soon he'll feel insecure and stop sitting down next to you with his french fries.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Fake a sneeze on his plate.

This is my favorite secondary option, the guy does deserve it...kinda.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    That plate looks soooooo blerch!! It tastes nice? I had to google what it was,lol.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That plate looks soooooo blerch!! It tastes nice? I had to google what it was,lol.

I googled it too... doesn't look like something I would ever want to eat. Regular fries, yes... but that poutine stuff looks really unappetizing to me, but to each their own...