I need a recipe for chicken breast

Options

Replies

• ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Taco Chicken Meat
    Put a few breasts in crockpot with 8 oz fat free cream cheese, low sodium taco seasoning, cook on low 6-8 hours. shred with a fork and serve on tacos shells or tortillas.

OR

Buffalo Chicken
    Put a few breasts in crockpot with 8 oz fat free cream cheese, 1/4 c. buffalo wing sauce, cook on low 6-8 hours. shred with a fork and serve on tortillas or as a dip with tostitos. Lower in fat just wrap in lettuce leaves. .
    I have wanted to try this Buffalo Chicken recipe as I LOVE anything to do with buffalo sauce! :) Thanks for the reminder!!
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com both have a ton of low-cal recipes with great guidelines.
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I used to have a problem with over cooking chicken, I got used to it by dicing it into smaller pieces in as many places as possible. I now find that I can cook it without drying it out in a pan or oven, but I still can't stop it from drying out on a grill.

My favorite recipe in a pan is: In a pan, dehydrated onions and garlic in LESS THAN 1 tbsp of Olive Oil until onions are rehydrated and soft. Add 2 tbsp of a "marinade/dressing" (I like Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian). Add 12-16oz of Chicken (Diced or whole) Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Once they are about 1/2 done, add finely diced Button Mushrooms (I don't like mushrooms, but for some reason this works) and a box of frozen chopped spinach. Cover. Let the chicken finish cooking. You can place some of the spinach mixture on top of the chicken, it will help keep it from drying out. When nearly done, I top with some fresh onion (for crunch). Occasionally, I will also put a little bit of Feta Cheese on top.

You could add cooked rice. Or you could keep the rice separate and top the rice with the pan sauce. Or no rice at all. Just a suggestion with what to do with the leftover bits in hte pan :smile:
  • knollmma
    knollmma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    chicken breast + cream of celery soup (enough to cover the chicken) + a crockpot on low for 6 hrs

Yummy and fail proof!
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump for receipes to try
  • np11073
    np11073 Posts: 30
    Options
    Chicken breasts are easy to dry out and are due to the absence of fat not naturally juicy. Here is a tip that I use. Try soaking your chicken breasts in vinegar a few hours before cooking. This not only makes them juicy but also tender. It is all a matter of science. Where ever salt goes water follows. The salt in the vinegar draws water into the meat and the acidity breaks down the connective tissue. Cooking any meat at low temperatures and longer will always give you a much flavorful product. In my experience using salad dressing or marinades does not work as well and will of course add calories.
  • Williamsrus
    Options
    If you have the time to cook it on the bone with the skin (upside down) it is much more flavorful than boneless skinless breasts. You can then remove the skin before you eat it so you aren't eating the extra calories. I usually bake it upside down for about 3/4 the time and then flip over toward the end to brown the skin a little. That way the juice soaks down into the breast.
    You can use marinades that are premixed or salad dressings works well as a marinade too. The following ingredients can be mixed and matched witha little water and olive oil (optional) to make your own marinades:soy sauce, worchester sauce, vinegars (red wine and balsamic work great), lemon/lime juice, garlic, ginger, Italian seasoning,

One very easy recipe is to sprinkle with a taco seasoning packet and top with a spoonful or two of salsa and then bake.
  • workoutbarbie29
    workoutbarbie29 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Throw it in a crockpot with pineapple salsa or regular salsa and let it cook. Or chicken broth with your choice of spices. I'm lazy so I just toss it in with whatever I have to cook in the crockpot each week. XP Last week it was with a vegetable soup and it turned out really good. My favorite is chicken cooked in pineapple salsa though.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    So many of these recipes look amazing!
  • MandaKayMakesIt
    Options
    I've got a great recipe for lemon sauce on my blog: http://mandakaymakesit.wordpress.com/recipes-2/

I make this, grill up a chicken breast with a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash, steam some quinoa or brown rice, mix it all together and DEVOUR :) So. Good.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chicken breast, and I BBQ almost every day. The dryness isn't so much related to the recipe as the method of cooking. If you overcook, it'll be tough and/or dry... but if you cook it to the right temperature it'll be juicy.

When I cook on the BBQ I use the following rub:

Garlic Pepper Chicken Rub

2 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1 tsp lemon pepper (this has sodium in it)
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper*

Add enough oil to make the spices easy to spread, but not enough that it's runny. Coat the chicken and grill. Squeeze a wedge of lime over the chicken just before serving for a great citrus accent.
  • fishingwoman
    fishingwoman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This! I was frustrated at cooking chicken until I finally started using a thermometer with an alert so I knew when it hit the temp at which I needed to pull it before it became overdone....
    Hi,
    The most important thing about cooking chicken breasts is that you need to get the internal temperature to around 160 degrees to fully cook it without it being dry. Using a digital thermometer to monitor the temperature is the best way to ensure you do not have a dry piece of meat. I like to marinate overnight using either teriaki sauce or italian dressing. This gives the meat lots of flavor and doesn't add a lot of calories. Cook in the oven at around 375 degrees. Good luck! Deb S.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    season with Lawrys, black pepper and garlic powder...
    IF FROZEN:cook uncovered at 375 for 20 minutes, then flip over ( the chicken ...dont do an actual flip :laugh: :laugh: )
    cook another 20 minutes, then add a little water to bottom of pan, say 1/4 cup to get the seasoning OFF the bottom of the pan , and cook another 5-7 minutes...
    IF FRESH: cook 10 minutes at 375, , then flip over, cook another 10 minutes, then add a little water to bottom of pan, say 1/4 cup to get the seasoning OFF the bottom of the pan , and cook another 5-7 minutes...
    whatever water is left in the pan after cooking can be poured over the chicken also like a clear gravy... ( Au Jus )

this chicken can be used as a base for other recipes
    or
    it can be eaten this way over:
    yellow rice w/ salsa
    salad greens, tomato and salad dressing
    cut in strips for tacos/soft tacos
    cut in strips for tortillas w/ cheese, lettuce, tomatoes
    shredded with a knife and fork and add bbq sauce for BBQ sandwiches...
    with pasta and a Parmesan sauce..
    with gravy and egg noodles///

sooooo many ways to get your eat on...

be creative...

AND if it comes out dry ... plop it in some gravy or do the bbq sauce thing... cut it into cubes mix it with some of the salsa...
    put it in a small pot of water with a chicken bouillon cube and let it simmer for a few minutes ( to make it juicy again) and scoop it back out with a slotted spoon.
    its an easy fix...

FYI IN CASE YOU DIDNT KNOW:
    Au jus is French for "with [its own] juice"; jus is the juice itself. In American cuisine, the term is mostly used to refer to a light sauce for beef recipes, which may be served with the food or placed on the side for dipping. In French cuisine, jus is a natural way to enhance the flavour of dishes, mainly chicken, veal and lamb.[1]
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bump - some great ideas people!
  • meridons
    meridons Posts: 9
    Options
    bump
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    For moist chicken breast, I poach mine in either water, or chicken stock. 15-20 minute and they're done! Eat straight away with a salad or veggies, or cool and use in salad or sandwiches.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of chicken breast, but its because usually when I cook it I find it to be dry and flavorless. Granted it could be because I don't have experience cooking chicken. I'd appreciate it if someone can give me a recipe that leaves the chicken moist and full of flavor.

If you seal it up in foil (very loosely), it won't be dry at all. Lay out enough foil to cover a cookie sheet. Half of the foil is where the chicken will sit, the other half gets folded over it, then fold the open edges over a couple of times to prevent the moisture from evaporating. It will be amazing, if I do say so myself. :wink:

As for seasoning, I love savory and AMPLE BASIL (maybe a little rosemary and tarragon would go well together, but I'd try those separate from my first example). A little lemon juice would be good too with either of those herb combos.