I need a recipe for chicken breast

Options

Replies

• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Dice it and add homemade guacamole for a mayo-less chicken salad.

Or make BBQ Pulled Chicken sandwiches.

Or blender it with walnuts, cranberries, celery and a little mayo for a waldorf chicken salad that you can put on top of a bed of greens/lettuce for a salad, or between two slices of bread for a kick *kitten* sandwich.

Blender it fine with some Cholula and cheese and whatever other fillings (like corn, beans, etc) and roll it into taco shell. lightly oil and bake it into taquitos.

Or George foreman it all with onions and green peppers to make fajitas.

There's lots to do with chicken breast.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i'm a HUGE fan of lemon pepper chicken.

lots of easy recipes on the net for that.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I usually just rub a little olive oil on top, season it with Roasted Red Pepper seasoning, and burbon pepper. Pop it in the oven (on a pizza stone) and bake until the juices run clear. Comes out tender everytime.
  • kaycaggins
    Options
    Brining any meat will keep it juicy during the cooking process. A simple brine is just water seasonings and sometimes fresh herbs. It the same process as marinating.

The best way for me is to sear my chicken brest on the stovetop in a little olive oil and then I broil them on low for about 10 minutes. Searing helps to lock in the internal juices that cooks the meat on the inside. Quick, easy and moist!! :happy:
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It's been super hot where I live, so I don't like to fire up my oven.

I have been putting a couple of raw chicken breasts in a saucepan and covering with a can or two or Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken soup to cook the chicken. Takes about 1/2 hour and they are cooked thru (also check the actual temp) and they are not dry at all. Then I usually serve over rice or quinona.
  • sosino
    sosino Posts: 41
    Options
    Poach in water. Season. Done. Perfect moist chicken every time!

Nuff said!
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i like to just get a whole roasted chicken from the grocery store. either to eat that night with whatever sides i make or to shred up and store in the fridge for salads/sandwiches/other dishes later.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My husband makes delicious baked chicken. He coats the top pretty generously with Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick and wraps it loosely in foil and bakes it for about 40 minutes. Moist and delicious, although a bit spicy!
  • jkstrong
    jkstrong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: Take chicken breast and roll in liptons golden onion soup, seal tightly with foil, pre-heat oven at 350, bake 20-30 minutes. Yum.
  • julbry
    julbry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 57silverfox
    57silverfox Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    my favorite way marinate in itailion dressing ads ton of flavor throw on grill wow
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I usually do poultry seasoning, garlic/onion powder (or fresh stuff) and I will put some water in the bottom of the pan. Just enough to cover the bottom of the pan really. Back 350 for 30-45 minutes. :) Just put it open and see if it's still pink on the inside. I also like it with Teriyaki and a little dribble of hot sauce on each chicken breast for a sort of hot wing feel. :wink: Again, add water to bottom of the pan so it doesn't try out. :drinker: Enjoy!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    omgoodness!! limitless!

Skinnytaste.com
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the suggestions! Great ideas, esp. the brining i don't know why i never thought of that.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Chicken Butter Pasta!
    -4 oz chicken
    -2 oz noodles
    -Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
    -1 T. butter
    -10 g. parmesan

I cook the chicken in a skillet in water and season both the chicken and water to my taste. I keep just a enough water in it to keep the skillet from going dry, occasionally turning it. It usually takes me about 12 minutes to cook it, but it depends on the thickness of your chicken. I know it's done when I can easily cut it with a for and its white inside-no pink. I leave a small amount of the water and seasoning in the pan and dump it into my cooked pasta so that the noodles are seasoned-mix in the butter and parm and you have a tasty meal. (Sorry if that's a little hard to follow, I suck at writing recipes!)
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Gina's Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html

This is what I'm making for dinner tonight, at my husband's request. He LOVES this recipe from Gina.

If you haven't checked out skinnytaste.com yet, it's THE BEST!!!
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Grill chicken breasts on each side (with a little salt and pepper, and using cooking spray) until a nice brown on each side (chicken can still be a little pink in the middle)
    Add in diced or sliced onion and carrots sliced into 1/4 inch slices
    Add 2 tablespoons of Ken's Lite Balsamic Dressing or Sun-dried Tomato dressing (my favorite)
    Add 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan
    Add half a cup of water (stirring the Parmesan and Dressing until mixed)
    Cover and let it cook (chicken will finish cooking here) until the carrots are al dente
    Bon appetit!
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bumping for yumminess
  • ENCORRALES21
    ENCORRALES21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    try boneless skinless chicken leg meat its almost as healthy and easy to cook. If you are really trying to stick with the chicken breast tho my first rule of thumb is always marinate and tenderize always :). Try this recipe: Get low fat sour cream and mix in parmesan. cheese spoon over chicken breast and bake at 350 for 30 mins. :heart:
  • leonmedwards
    Options
    Grilled Chicken with Strawberry & Pineapple Salsa

Serves: 4 Serving Size: 1 sandwich

Ingredients
    1 teaspoon canola or corn oil
    Salsa
    2 slices fresh pineapple, each ½ inch thick
    1 cup whole strawberries, diced
    ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
    3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
    1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
    1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1 medium lemon
    Chicken
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    2 teaspoons salt-free steak seasoning blend
    ¼ teaspoon salt

Preparation
    1. Preheat the grill on medium high. Brush a grill pan or grill rack with the oil. Heat the grill pan or rack on the grill for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Grill the pineapple for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly, about 2 minutes, before chopping.
    2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the remaining salsa ingredients except the lemon. Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest, reserving the lemon. Stir the zest and chopped pineapple into the strawberry mixture. Set aside.
    3. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasoning blend and salt. Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center. Transfer to plates. Squeeze the reserved lemon over the chicken. Serve with the salsa on the side.

Nutrition Information:

Calories: 191
    Total Fat: 3 g
    Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
    Cholesterol: 66 mg

Total Carbohydrate: 14 g
    Sodium: 223 mg
    Dietary Fiber: 2 g
    Protein: 27 g