wish i found mfp earlier......its helping me alot:smile:
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Consistency
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yea, not doing it sooner. And letting myself slide one too many times. But I am back on track now!
  • breakingthecyclept2
    Options
    Quitting so many times........
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I regret this being the first time I ever TRIED to do something about my weight.
    I was always afraid to fail, so I never bothered to even try. It wasnt until a doctors appt where I got some disturbing news that made me think I should do something about this NOW
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Sooner here, too!

I'm didn't start running until I was 44 and though my speed now is decent I would have been an unstoppable force had I of started in my 20s...I was thin and athletic and would have run like the wind!
  • cre8inmee
    cre8inmee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mine would definitely be how difficult it's been to BE CONSISTENT!! I work hard, take it off, then slowly put it back on. I swear I've gained and lost the same 10-25 lbs over the last 20 years! It's sad and frustrating.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    aside from not doing this sooner, i'd say one of my biggest regrets is that i didn't take my measurements or get blood work done so i can compare my numbers from then to now. i know my starting weight and pants size, but i am tremendously curious about my cholesterol, blood pressure and stuff like that. i know i can get it checked now, but would like to have something to compare it to.

Same vane. I didn't take before pictures or measurements! Bummer!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My #1 regret is not doing this sooner. If only I knew then what I know now.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Two that are tied:

Start...Stop...Start...Stop...Start... you get the idea Instead of start
    >finish

#2 46 years old, and I'll be where I want fitness/weight-wise at 47....that's at least 25 years too late. I'm trying to make up for that by encouraging my 20 year old daughter and setting a better example
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely echo the 'did it sooner' sentiment... I was a mean 165 coming out of Army Basic Training... up 20 pounds from my scrawny high school weight- then I wasted it and ballooned up. I got out of the Army and gained even more, got lazier and let it all go... until you have that first health scare!

Mine was with my wife who was found to be pre-diabetic during some tests for her weight related health issues. I had to evaluate where I was at and then it hit me how far down the road I had gone. It's been a long road back, but I'm loving it, loving the exercise challenges I've conquered, and needed and embraced the change
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Not doing my research ahead of time and starting out with the undereating and over cardio-ing mentality. Yeah I lost weight, but I felt like crap! I wish I'd found out how to set my calorie goals and that I should be doing weight lifting a lot earlier.
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I regret deleting my "before" pics right after taking them. I was embarrassed and wasn't at all sure I'd be successful. Now, I wish I had a clear pic of where I came from and where I never want to be again!
  • ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options
    I regret having gained 30 of the 60lbs I lost a few years ago, after maintaing for over 2 years.. and for not sticking with mfp the first time around. Luckily I've lost 12lbs so far, and in HALF the time it took me last year to lose 13 (that I had gained back after leaving the site for awhile).
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Putting everything and everyone before my health and fitness. Listening to doctors that gave me poor advice and ashamed that I listened to it for so long. But then I took control and now I am a lean, mean, honey badger machine!
  • EvilMomma
    EvilMomma Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret is complacency when I was younger. I'm 51 and perimenopausal, meaning that the hormones don't just jack me around for a couple of days, now its a month or more at a time. I put off losing until later and now that later is here, its is amazingly difficult. The second regret is not building physical activity into my suburban lifestyle--I grew up on a ranch and graduated high school with the body of an athlete and the arrogance of a kid on top of the world (physically speaking). Now I'm doing yoga to convince the ol' tendons and muscles to stretch and give. I'm learning to eat healthy for the first time in my life. I'm doing the emotional work that will sustain the weight loss and prevent self-sabotage. So I guess its all good...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    That I let pregnancy derail me and used the "not enough time" excuse after my daughter was born.

I am starting completely over when i was only a few pounds away from my goal. :sad:
  • SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mu biggest regret was trying to do it with Slim Fast the first time.

I lost 40 pounds but the majority was muscle. Now, I'm 46% body fat and burn much fewer calories than someone my size should. I gained 20 of it back what feels like overnight (actually took 2 years) and now I'm struggling to lose it the right way.

If I had joined this site the first time, I would have realized I was escentially starving myself.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    After nearly 15 years of being a fat *kitten*... wish I did it sooner.
  • mainelymama
    Options
    I wish I didnt give up on running. Before I gained all this weight back I could run 3 miles!