What's a GREAT single serve blender?

Options
I'm trying to find a blender that is quick and easy to use for my rushed early mornings. I want it to be able to blend through ice with ease. Preferably something that is easy to clean. Lately I've been using my ninja, and while it works well, it's a hassle to clean. Plus, I have to drink from another glass, therefore making more dishes.

I was looking into the magic bullet but would currently like something less expensive. I really don't need multiple accessories, just the basics to blend my smoothie.

Thanks!

Replies

• h2oophelia
    h2oophelia Posts: 48
    Options
    Bump......because I'm wondering the same thing! :)
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    the magic bullet is wonderful. I have a GE model that I got at walmart for 20.00. However, my co-worker bought the magic bullet for all of us at the office (we're doing body by vi) and I love it. I know its expensive but so worth it. With my GE I have had times where the seal or lid has come lose and therefore the inside needs to be cleaned. I've never had that with the bullet. Btw, there are 3 of us doing bbv at work so approx 3-4 shakes get made a day and its still going strong 2 months later. Good luck.
  • CSO200
    CSO200 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd magic bullet I love it. I also use the containers with the lid for making overnight oatmeal (oats, greek yogurt, chia seed, and fruit).
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I have, and use regularly, a magic bullet. If you're looking for something powerful enough to crush ice though...look elsewhere.

I've heard good things about the cuisinart mini blender and have been considering an upgrade.

I'm trying to find a blender that is quick and easy to use for my rushed early mornings. I want it to be able to blend through ice with ease. Preferably something that is easy to clean. Lately I've been using my ninja, and while it works well, it's a hassle to clean. Plus, I have to drink from another glass, therefore making more dishes.

I was looking into the magic bullet but would currently like something less expensive. I really don't need multiple accessories, just the basics to blend my smoothie.

Thanks!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have one made by Hamilton Beach, it was less than $20 at Target. The canister doubles as a glass to drink from. It doesn't crush ice too well though, so I just use crushed ice from the freezer instead of whole cubes.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,060 Member
    Options
    I have one made by Cooks, and sold by JCPenney for about $20-25 depending on the sale. It's called the 5 in 1 Rocket Blender. It's $22 right now.
    http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/cooks%e2%84%a2-5-in-1-rocket-power-blender/prod.jump?ppId=1b38c49&selectedLotId=7802501&selectedSKUId=78025010018&navState=navState-:catId-:subcatId-:subcatZone-false:N-:Ns-:Nao-0:ps-24:pn-1:Ntt-cooks+blender:Nf-:action-search&catId=SearchResults

I've used it for about four years...pretty much daily. It breezes through ice, the cup/blender contatiner comes with a little topper so you can use it as a nice cup without the threads hitting your mouth, and it looks just like a cup. Love it, will definitely replace it if/when it ever dies. Comes with several cups, tops, two blender blade assemblies, some smaller cups for non-drink blending, and you can buy it in lots of colors. Check it out on JCPenney.com
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We got a GE model at Wal-Mart for about $20 & it's great!. Comes with two blender heads & 2 different size cups (4 of each). Worksfantastic & easy to clean & take the smoothies with you on the go.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Magic bullet is a beast. It does get VERY loud when blending ice for such a small device.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have one made by Cooks, and sold by JCPenney for about $20-25 depending on the sale. It's called the 5 in 1 Rocket Blender. It's $22 right now.
    http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/cooks%e2%84%a2-5-in-1-rocket-power-blender/prod.jump?ppId=1b38c49&selectedLotId=7802501&selectedSKUId=78025010018&navState=navState-:catId-:subcatId-:subcatZone-false:N-:Ns-:Nao-0:ps-24:pn-1:Ntt-cooks+blender:Nf-:action-search&catId=SearchResults

I've used it for about four years...pretty much daily. It breezes through ice, the cup/blender contatiner comes with a little topper so you can use it as a nice cup without the threads hitting your mouth, and it looks just like a cup. Love it, will definitely replace it if/when it ever dies. Comes with several cups, tops, two blender blade assemblies, some smaller cups for non-drink blending, and you can buy it in lots of colors. Check it out on JCPenney.com

This sounds perfect! I'll definitely be checking this out! Thanks :)
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have the one from JC Penney also and use it all the time with no problem.
  • Adleheid77
    Adleheid77 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have an Oster and it works great. It's hard to find one that works as well as a regular sized blender. Found it at Target. And as a bonus it's hot pink. :)
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    LOVE the magic bullet!!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Magic Bullet!!! Super good deals on ebay and they work GREAT!!
  • saamantha
    saamantha Posts: 74
    Options
    The Magic Bullet is a dream, honestly. Be on the lookout for deals, because I got the deluxe kit (1 lg, 1 sm blender container, 2 small mugs, 2 large mugs, 6 different lids, and the blender attachment) for $48.00 at Costco last month.
  • slappymcgee
    Options
    I have an Oster, and you can pick one up for under $20. I use it every day. Crushes ice too.
  • slappymcgee
    Options
    I have an Oster and it works great. It's hard to find one that works as well as a regular sized blender. Found it at Target. And as a bonus it's hot pink. :)

That's the one I have, and I LOVE it.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Love my magic bullet ! Makes great cappuccino, believe it or not :)
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Magic Bullet! I have both the Magic Bullet and a regular blender and almost never use the regular blender.

However I did buy a smoothie/salad dressing bottle that has the same size opening at my blender (but not the magic bullet) so I can screw the blade right onto the bottle.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I've used this for 3yrs. Love it. Not so big that you're making 1-2L smoothies.

:)

hamilton-beach-personal-blender.jpg

(mind you, when i go out for the day, I use it twice and make about 1.5L of a shake to sip on throughout the day)
  • nikkiw283
    nikkiw283 Posts: 90
    Options
    bump for later :-)