What's a GREAT single serve blender?

Options

Replies

• nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    get the magic bullet. Its worth the cost!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I have one made by Hamilton Beach, it was less than $20 at Target. The canister doubles as a glass to drink from. It doesn't crush ice too well though, so I just use crushed ice from the freezer instead of whole cubes.

I have this one, but I think it does ice way faster than the Bullet. My boss brought his Bullet to the office for us to make shakes with. Maybe I'm not using as much ice as you? It's easy to clean and it's just 2 pieces. I did just by the GE version of the Bullet so I can make smoothies for the kids. So far it's working well, but it doesn't chop everything up as great as the HB. Still have a couple of pieces of banana or ice at the bottom, but I'll live! :smile:
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have a oster and when I am done blending I change out the lid and it becomes a water bottle. Love it and it's not expensive!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I've used this for 3yrs. Love it. Not so big that you're making 1-2L smoothies.

:)

hamilton-beach-personal-blender.jpg

(mind you, when i go out for the day, I use it twice and make about 1.5L of a shake to sip on throughout the day)

This is EXACTLY what have, and i use it 3 times a day and it works WONDERFULLY!! Crushes ice like a pro & really blends the stuff well!! I love love mine!!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Will check back to view suggestions !
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lx6zuzVnDS1qb7d8qo1_500.jpg

Wait... did you say BLender?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic bullet knock off, from JC Penney. Not sure if they sell it anymore, but with the kinds of coupons they always give, the whole set of stuff was under $15. I also thought I only needed a single serving blender, but it's actually handy for more than just a drink - i do my pesto in there and whatever else i need to do that's under 2 cups or so.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Get a "real" blender just make sure the base will spin onto mason jars... mason jars are available in 250mL 500mL 1L sizes so you can match your blending in container to the size you wish to have. Drink right out of the cup you do the blending in.

I've got 3 of the bullets but the only use they get right now is to reduce coffee beans to a grind for the morning coffee. Everything else is done with a full-size and full-power blender right on the various mason jars, they even have ones with handles !

What a great idea! I'm going to try this! Thank you so much! :happy:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I had terrible luck with my magic bullet, it died in 2 months, my sister also had bad luck with one.

I have a this one from walmart now:
    http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/12-piece-power-blender-set-blue/10137246?trail=SRCH:blender&fromPLP=true&ancestorID=alldept&searchString=blender&moduleName=S0011&startSearch=yes&fromSearchBox=true&addFacet=SRCH:blender

1/2 the price of a magic bullet, and it destroys ice like it's nothing.
  • DazzlingDD
    DazzlingDD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have had the Hamilton Beach Blander for about a year and I love it. It is basic and does the job. I love the top because I can just blend and drink, but all so take on the go.Must have for small spaces , quick blends, and low cost . I use mine for smoothies to protein shakes. I got mine in red from walmart.

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51101B-Personal-Blender/dp/B0017XHSAE/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1343318912&sr=1-1

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588
  • hellokehtty
    Options
    I've used this for 3yrs. Love it. Not so big that you're making 1-2L smoothies.

:)

hamilton-beach-personal-blender.jpg

(mind you, when i go out for the day, I use it twice and make about 1.5L of a shake to sip on throughout the day)

This is what I have, $16 at Walmart. Handles any frozen thing you throw in it. LOVE it.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Note by "base" I did mean the base of the blender, the blade attachment... I watch yard-sales for spare pitchers / blade assemblies, or even the powered base that runs it...

Take a mason jar ring with you and if that will go onto the base of the pitcher the blades will fit your standard mason jars (wide-mouth ones need a different blender) Bullet comes with what 4 cups? A box of mason jars? a dozen for $2 at a yardsale last weekend... 12 cups everyone at the party can blend their custom beverage in their own cup with a rinse of the blades between use.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    We just got a Ninja Pulse, and it comes with 4 self serve containers that you blend right in... its really powerful and easy to use/clean... love it so far... a tad on the expensive side though... 79-99 usd
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    wow I had the magic bullet when it first came out and I hated it. barely chopped anything, just slightly mixed teverything. My sister just bought one to make smoothies and she put kale in it and I was chewing on the kale still.. gross. Plus you get all those stupid bulky plastic cups that you have to put somewhere.

I have a 10 dollar betty crocker blender I picked up at superstore and it works better than my 80 dollar immersion blender (though that works pretty awesome for large jobs). Chops anything you put in it.

Here's a link to a picture of it: http://yourhome.shoptoit.ca/shop/product--productId_9869999.html
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    the magic bullet is wonderful. I have a GE model that I got at walmart for 20.00. However, my co-worker bought the magic bullet for all of us at the office (we're doing body by vi) and I love it. I know its expensive but so worth it. With my GE I have had times where the seal or lid has come lose and therefore the inside needs to be cleaned. I've never had that with the bullet. Btw, there are 3 of us doing bbv at work so approx 3-4 shakes get made a day and its still going strong 2 months later. Good luck.

I'm doing the same thing. I got the GE Blender. It works well. I did hear that the regular Magic Bullet is better, but I can't speak from experience. I've been doing BBV since January Lost 40 pounds.
  • Aj722
    Aj722 Posts: 12
    Options
    Agree, the Hamilton beach is great. Just be sure to put yogurt in first and I've never had a problem blending anything, including frozen strawberries and peach slices. It's easy to travel with too, if you're going on a longer vacation. Some of the other less expensive blenders had issues with their lids, I've never had trouble with this one.
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja Storm (400 watt). I love it and have been using it at least twice a day. It crushes ice beautifly. I got it from QVC. The item # is K35305 and I paid about $30.00. They currently don't have any in stock but I'm sure you must be able to find it in stores. I have it in black and my daughter has a fuschia one. I'm so glad that I purchased it. It works better on ice than any blender I've ever bought.

Kathy
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet. While it works, I don't LOVE it. I always end up having chunks of ice in my shakes or chunks of frozen fruit in my smoothies.

I like the mason jar idea, so I will have to try that with my full size blender.