For all the single ladies....

Options
Sappy320
Sappy320 Posts: 77 Member
What's your reason to get fit and fantastic?

Mine, is make my ex jelous. :laugh: haha

Replies

• taralc1
    taralc1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well first and foremost to get healthy. But a VERY close second is to make my ex eat his words.."you aren't committed to losing weight"..well...so far I've lost 39.8 (most before joining MFP)..so he can suck it!
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    For me!

I have been dumped a few too many times because of my weight and well, they can kiss it! :)
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    For ME!!!!!!! :D
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Primarily for my health and to enjoy a long, active life.

Secondary to that is to feel freakin' sexy. :bigsmile:
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    So I can be an uber slut.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Well, I am doing it for me, to feel good about myself and be healthy.....but......I will get a kick out of showing my ex what he threw away. :laugh:
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Uh...because I don't like the way my body is looking right now. I really don't care what anyone else thinks. When I look at myself and think "Ugh! That's nasty", it's time to do something about it.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    For me but some days my hatred of certain men keeps me going lol I've been screwed over too many times in the past year.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    to be way better looking than anything my exes are dating currently!
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Three reasons...
    1) For myself
    2) To see that look on my ex's face every time I see him! ha! Your loss, you cheating abusive loser!
    3) To be noticed.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    focus on your present and not on your past,
    let them leave your thoughts,......
    so you can have the last laugh

I used to want to prove to people who had hurt me mentally that I was going to get fit but it was more rewarding to do it for myself and meet better people :)
  • ReneeJ814
    ReneeJ814 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I guess my main reason is because I'm almost 25 and I've never been in a relationship. I'm ready to date and get married before I'm 30. I've always thought that guys won't give me a chance because of my weight even though I have an awesome personality.

Also, now more than ever, it's about my health. High blood pressure runs on both sides of my family and as of this year both of my parents have had cancer. If I lose the weight, I know it will lower my risk.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So I can be "the one that got away" not just "the ex"
    And so I can get up on the stage at the club and not get booed at.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    So I can cosplay!!
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    focus on your present and not on your past,
    let them leave your thoughts,......
    so you can have the last laugh

I used to want to prove to people who had hurt me mentally that I was going to get fit but it was more rewarding to do it for myself and meet better people :)

<3
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I want to be and look happier/healthier/better. Maybe that will give me more confidence.
  • invisiblemonster
    invisiblemonster Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i was just about to make a topic like this lol :p
    for me, it's one of my great friends. i like him and i think we could really have something, he's kissed me and stuff before but i've never really thought he might be interested. however he's living with his aunt in australia for a year (i live in scotland) i want to be totally changed by the time he comes back and maybe he'll see me differently. :)
    i mean, that's not the main reason, i've known i've had to make a change for so long, this is just my main motivation.
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    What's your reason to get fit and fantastic?

Mine, is make my ex jelous. :laugh: haha

:drinker: :drinker: ME TOO!!!! ME TOO!!! :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: That's my #1 Reason.
  • Abays10
    Abays10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So I can be in a relationship and not be so GD Self Conscience..Most importantly for me not for anbody else!
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Doing it for myself.
    For my health. But also to feel better about myself again.

Anytime I've tried doing it for any other reason- I've failed, or it was short lived loss.