Have any of you been asked when the baby was due.

Options
I was at a friend's house with my fiance discussing the wedding and the friends little sister who is 16 asked if i was pregnant....Im not and i was mortified and embarrassed, i keep thinking how could i have let this happen to myself!!! Has anyone else ever had a similar experience and if so how did you ladies handle it?

Replies

• lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Little kids and one demented old lady have commented on the imaginary baby in my belly. Laugh at yourself and remember why you're trying to slim down in the first place!
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Years ago when my youngest was 5, we went to Six Flags (Missouri), I thought I looked good, but, the young man(very young) suggested I might not want to ride the ride because it was advised against for pregnant people. He was such a fresh faced earnest boy that I didn't have the heart to tell him that I wasn't pregnant. It has always stuck with me. FYI: that 5 year old is going on 19 :noway:
  • Alice31313
    Options
    Thanks I pretty much had no choice but to laugh....lol
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Lmao I remember this guy giving up his seat on the train for me as he thought I was pregnant, I didn't have the heart to say I wasn't or to embarass myself further.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ahhh when this has occurred to me, it has haunted me for months on end and just thinking back to these situations causes me anxiety and panic.

I once was asked about it while applying for a job. I handed in a resume to a worker and they asked if I was pregnant. I responded with a sharp "no" and just took my resume and walked out.

One guy asked "are you having a boy or a girl?" and i just said "keep your mouth shut if your going to talk stupid". He apologized right away and looked embarrassed (I'm sure he realized that I was not pregnant).

There were a few other times as well. Even a co-worker at my current job had asked me if I was pregnant. I replied with a friendly "no, I'm just fat". I work with addicted youth - and like 95% of them have no brain left, so I have been asked many times by them at work. I reply the same way "no, I'm just fat" and laugh it off. (I think i use the friendly approach because its my work, not just random people off the street).
  • Alice31313
    Options
    Thats usually best just to use the friendly approach or the subtle butt hole method lol keep strong and if you need a friend feel free to add me i can always use more ♥
  • JustMagpie
    JustMagpie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was actually at the local tea house with the girls. The girl who served us leaned over and asked when i was due,i actually laughed and said i am not. She was so imortified she was integers embarrassed . I am short and carry my weight forward or did. I just said i am fat. I felt bad for her.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Yes...and I was taken a back...I really didn't see myself being THAT heavy...until I saw a pic my sister tagged me in on FB....and yes, I looked 8 months pregnant...just the kick in the gut that I needed to make the change!
  • Alice31313
    Options
    if this was facebook i would "like" this but its not so i'll just comment "like" lol
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes...and I was taken a back...I really didn't see myself being THAT heavy...until I saw a pic my sister tagged me in on FB....and yes, I looked 8 months pregnant...just the kick in the gut that I needed to make the change!

Am I understanding this right: YOUR sister agreed that you looked 8 months pregnant???? Or did she just put the pic out there? I have 5 sisters and if one did that I don't know what I would do.
  • dawten
    dawten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was completely embarrassed. My friend's sister asked if I was pregnant... my tubes are tied... I kept thinking, are you serious? Shut it. You just don't say that to people. I am bottom heavy, so all of my weight tends to settle below the waist (just my luck)... But what can you do...you just laugh it off awkwardly and keep on keeping on. Definitly don't let it get you down!
  • twiztedsista
    Options
    YES :( by a nurse at my orthopedic surgeon's office...10 days after having a total hysterectomy at 32 :( Talk about emotional
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I admit to having done this ("are you pregnant" not once, but twice). I think I've trained myself to stop doing it, even if I'm thinking it.
  • JeannieRae333
    Options
    Yes! A couple of days ago. But at my age, it's kind of a compliment that they think I'm young enough to be pregnant. I'm on the other side of 55, and I gained most of my weight due to menopause. It is humiliating because I used to be that person who never gained weight, even if I wanted to. Dieting is a foreign concept to me. But it's been very helpful to have the fitness pal ap which keeps me on track. And I have my energy again. I'm walking 4-6 miles 5 times a week. I've just started on this journey a couple of weeks ago so I haven't lost much yet, but it just feels good to be in control again.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Yes - In the changing room at the gym I use, the small child of a very pregnant woman looked at me getting dressed and asked very loudly if there was a baby in my tummy too! The poor mother was mortified, but it was a valid question! I explained that there wasn't a baby, just too much cake and he was satisfied with the answer, his mother on the other hand just could not apologies enough. Bless her - Out of the mouths of babes.....
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yes, which is very bad when your a man... lol One of the final comments which made me change my life :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    No, but please allow me to say on behalf of my boyfriend that he is very sorry, he has learned his lesson, and he will never ever do it again, so please don't be mad at him. :flowerforyou:
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes, after an emergency c-section 27 years ago, I was sewn up badly (in my opinion) and left with a overhang of fatty flesh that diet and exercise would not shift. Despite getting back to my pre pregnancy weight. It is/was so awful that I would not let my husband see me naked or touch my belly. It made me depressed and caused tension and eventual divorce, but my doctor was not sympathetic to my distress over the fat pouch and request for operation he bluntly told me I was making a fuss over nothing.
    One day about a year after at the bus stop a random lady asked how far along I was..... 6 months? I had to say "no I am just fat" That was the first of many times it happened. I cried a lot about it. So since age 23 I tried to disguise it but still was constantly asked that question. I started to comfort eat and found eventually no-one asked when I looked fat all over!
    My second husband is very understanding but the don't look or touch belly issue however is still there. I have considered a private paid tummy tuck many times, but the horror stories scared me. looking back I wonder if I should have...
    Now I am 50 obese and menopausal so am trying to lose the weight for my health and well being.
  • Alice31313
    Options
    I am so sorry you had to go through that, I am young and thought I may not have been through any of that I can still be a friend for you if you need one. ♥
  • Alice31313
    Options
    I only say that I'm young because I dislike when I talk to people and they think that because I'm 20 i dont know much of anything, its become a habit to "warn" people ahead of time lol please take no offense to it.