June Starters - Monday Weigh In - October 12

datenshi
datenshi Posts: 840 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, this group came about from one of KandyJo's posts.... Here is the information regarding the group in her words...

"It seemed that a lot of us are in the same spot (I'm in the middle of my second week) so we thought how fabulous to start a group for all of us on the "same page" so to speak.
So, for now, I am identifying us as JUNE STARTERS becuase we haven't came up with a name yet

Ok, in this post....
People in this group need to have started their new journey to weight loss and/or a fitter person in June....recommittments count...that is where I am right now.... I'm a recommitter and I started two weeks ago... So, if you fit this description, welcome!
We want to start by you posting your starting weight, current weight (ew, I know) weight goal and any mini goals that you may have. If you want to share a little about yourself that is fine too.
We want to really good a good idea of who our group members are, so be sure to reply to this post!!!
Ok.... "

Side Note: I added this so that newcomers would know what the group is about if they come across this thread.

Replies

• datenshi
    SW: 253.4 lbs (June 26)
    LW: 218.4
    CW: 214.4

Progress this week: - 4.0 lbs
    Total Progress: - 39.0 lbs
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

The spreadsheet is under the "Weigh in" tab at the top of the website. Then click "download file".

http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/weigh-in.html

Hope this helps let me know if there's a problem. :flowerforyou:
  • OMG! I missed last week and I turned 40....uughh. I ate birthday cake for 4 days straight, morning, noon and night. It was wonderful and the full fat regular kind with lots of icing. YUM....and I still lost.

Last weigh in 153**two weeks ago
    this week 149. Missed my mini goal of 147 by my birthday but oh well :bigsmile:
  • Oh and I forgot to say How Great it is to be on the other side of the half way mark.....seriously wonderful.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member

YOU ARE JUST BLOWING ME AWAY!!!! YOU'RE INCREDIBLE!!!! WAY TO ROCK THE WEIGH-IN THIS WEEK!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

The spreadsheet is under the "Weigh in" tab at the top of the website. Then click "download file".

http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/weigh-in.html

Hope this helps let me know if there's a problem. :flowerforyou:

You rock!!! Thanks for taking care of that!!! :heart:
  • kandyjo
    Oh and I forgot to say How Great it is to be on the other side of the half way mark.....seriously wonderful.

Rock on, Lady!!! And happy late B'day!!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    My weigh in is on Wednesday, but I have something exciting I wanted to share....
    Sunday, I was up getting ready for church I thought, "Hmmmmmm...I am going to try on this skirt"... It was a skirt I have not been able to get into for 5 years! So, I slowly put it on... Wencing, waiting for disappointment, BUT I got it past my hips (whew) Got it up and where it was supposed to be (Oh, my goodness, it might actually fit).... AND, the big finale and final test.....the ZIPPER!!! AND... I got it all the way up.... I was even able to wear it that Sunday, it wasn't too tight! I was so excited!!!
    I also got a lot of compliments at church. Several people said they could tell I was "getting smaller" LOL
    So, that is my brag for this week! I was stoked!!!!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    SW-185
    CW-146
    GW-135

Still at a stand still but I'm not giving up and I'm still motivated to lose.
  • busymom74
    No problem Kandyjo, I'm so excited about it. lol Good job on fitting into that skirt!!! You're rocking it!!

We should think of a challange. (Our last challange was to lose 10% of our weight.) What do you guys think?
  • Oh and I forgot to say How Great it is to be on the other side of the half way mark.....seriously wonderful.

Rock on, Lady!!! And happy late B'day!!!! :drinker:

thanks.......I can't wait to make my goal. :bigsmile:
  • My weigh in is on Wednesday, but I have something exciting I wanted to share....
    Sunday, I was up getting ready for church I thought, "Hmmmmmm...I am going to try on this skirt"... It was a skirt I have not been able to get into for 5 years! So, I slowly put it on... Wencing, waiting for disappointment, BUT I got it past my hips (whew) Got it up and where it was supposed to be (Oh, my goodness, it might actually fit).... AND, the big finale and final test.....the ZIPPER!!! AND... I got it all the way up.... I was even able to wear it that Sunday, it wasn't too tight! I was so excited!!!
    I also got a lot of compliments at church. Several people said they could tell I was "getting smaller" LOL

That is so wonderful!! Congrats.....I bet that was the best feeling in the world. Haha, I do that with jeans. That is my little test...well now my daughters but still I know the feeling.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    My weigh in is on Wednesday, but I have something exciting I wanted to share....

AWESOME!!!
  • Mamakatspokane

4lbs!!! :flowerforyou: Share your secret...please!
  • datenshi

That is absolutely awesome!! Congratulations! I can't wait until that happens for me. And thank you for always being such a motivator for everyone else.

Now you ROCK like always!!!!:flowerforyou:

T
  • datenshi

4lbs!!! :flowerforyou: Share your secret...please!

I was in a minor plateau for awhile so I am getting over it now. I have been more strict with my Clean Eating and have been doing the C25K running. Today was Week 4, Day 2. I had to lay off it for two weeks due to headaches and not feeling well but I have been back at it for the last week and a half.

No sugar, no caffeine, no white flour, no pop/coffee/tea/chocolate, no additives & preservatives or artificial colouring.

Eating fruits/veggies/chicken/cheese/fat free milk/whole wheat bread/2L of water a day

Take care all!

T
    :flowerforyou:
  • busymom74
    1219818525352.gif
  • busymom74
    Bumping again

Where is everyone? :cry:
  • kandyjo
    Our weigh-ins are all over the place LOL......I guess Tuesday is just an off day :laugh:
    I was thinking of doing some sort of walking challenge.....
    The deal with walking is its great no matter what fitness level you are at...
    So, what do you guys think? Should we try and log at least 5 miles a week... That isn't really that much at all.... Maybe start out low...see how we do at that and then increase it...?
    YOu guys give me some feedback on that... Its hard coming up with challenges (that we haven't already done) because we are all at so many different levels and are doing so many different things....
    I want to hear what you guys have to say about challenges. Do you like them? Are they helpful? Do you want to do them? Any ideas...?
  • busymom74
    I love the idea of any challange. :smile: It's motivating. We could do a walking challange but how about we keep track of how many miles we're walking and whomever walks the most at the end of the week is our weekly spotlight on the website? We can check in each day with how many we've walked so far to motivate eachother to beat that. Maybe? What do you think?
  • kandyjo
    I love the idea of any challange. :smile: It's motivating. We could do a walking challange but how about we keep track of how many miles we're walking and whomever walks the most at the end of the week is our weekly spotlight on the website? We can check in each day with how many we've walked so far to motivate eachother to beat that. Maybe? What do you think?

I'm up for whatevery you guys want to do.... We could start a post titled JUNE STARTERS WALKING CHALLENGE and everyone could post there throughout or at the end of the week.... however....
  • Mamakatspokane
    The weather is just too cold & dark here...no more walking for me till next spring :( Sorry girls:frown:
  • busymom74
    hmmmm, true mamatspokane. I just figured I'd hit the gym. I didn't even think of those who don't...

Any suggestions?

By the way congrats on being in the Spotlight of the week!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • ilike2moveit
    Our weigh-ins are all over the place LOL......I guess Tuesday is just an off day :laugh:
    I was thinking of doing some sort of walking challenge.....
    The deal with walking is its great no matter what fitness level you are at...
    So, what do you guys think? Should we try and log at least 5 miles a week... That isn't really that much at all.... Maybe start out low...see how we do at that and then increase it...?
    YOu guys give me some feedback on that... Its hard coming up with challenges (that we haven't already done) because we are all at so many different levels and are doing so many different things....
    I want to hear what you guys have to say about challenges. Do you like them? Are they helpful? Do you want to do them? Any ideas...?
    I like the idea of a challenge. I also like the walking challenge.
  • ilike2moveit
    Busymom-thanks for doing the spreedsheet-I like what you're doing.:flowerforyou:
  • busymom74
    Thanks! :blushing: :blushing: :happy:
  • busymom74
    Does eveyone have a pedometer? What if we do a steps challenge? I'll have to find mine, but I know I have it somewhere.
  • kandyjo
    Does eveyone have a pedometer? What if we do a steps challenge? I'll have to find mine, but I know I have it somewhere.

I have one somewhere, but I'm not sure where that thing is....
  • kandyjo
    I HAVE A BRAG..... you guys know how much we love those, right?!! :wink:

So, anyway.... I posted about my skirt that I got into Sunday...Well, I have a ton of jeans that I can't fit into...they range in all sizes because I kept them as the scale number climbed up...good thing is, I have clothes for as I loose weight LOL... Anyway, be sure that I'm throwing these big clothes out to the good will as I shrink out of them...NOT GOING TO BE THIS BIG AGAIN!!!
    Anyway, back to my brag :happy:
    When we started the June Starters I was in a (I'm cringing as I'm about to type this) size 20. Yikes! I know...
    Anyway, I have been in a size 18 for a long while now. Today, I took a long, luxurious shower, shaved my legs, use really yummy smelling bath gel and sugar scrub and just really gave myself a good pampering... I'm staying away from the scale until Wed. but I got a good look at myself in the buff (don't laugh, you know you've done it to) and I actually saw so many improvements... I LOVE that my mother's apron is almost totally gone...just a little loose now, but not HANGING over anymore. My butt has shrank and lifted a lot. I'm not as dimply as I was before (snicker...that does sound funny)...
    Anyway, I went to my clothes and stood before all the jeans that are too little for me... I looked through them (through the 10's 12's 14's) then came to a size 16. I took it down and held my breath for a moment... then decided....WHAT THE HECK!!! I'm going to try these babies on..... Just like the skirt, they fit!! I'm wearing them right now!!! I don't even have muffin top with them!!!
    Ladies, I am so excited!!!! I have no idea why my scale isn't moving down....its weird, but my body is shrinking!!! So, I'm ok with that... BUT my number is still WAY TOO LARGE....So, I am really hoping I can kick my workouts up and start shedding the poundage again...
    So, this really made me feel good today. I challenge you guys to pull something out of your closet that is a size smaller than you are right now, give yourself a couple of weeks of really sticking to your goals and then try them on... The moment you zip those babies up you will feel on top of the world!!!
    I love you girls!!! You guys are really my biggest inspiration and motivation aside from my husband and kiddos... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :drinker:
  • busymom74
    Aw, Kandyjo that's the best!!! Good job!!! Keep losing those inches! The scale will catch up before you know it! :laugh:

I love your challange! I'm gonna try it, although I didn't keep all of my clothes on the way up so I'm not sure if I have anything 1 size down. hmmmmm
This discussion has been closed.