Things you do now that you didn't think you'd do

Options

Replies

• LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to portions and don't sneak an extra amount in. My proud day was when I finally counted out 11 tortilla chips and 2 tablespoons of salsa. A bit small, but portion control has been one thing I've always sucked at and never had the patience or discipline for.

I count out chips too now. It's amazing
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I ordered a sandwich for lunch last week and told them to hold the bacon. HOLD THE BACON. I never thought I'd tell someone not to put bacon on something. I used to order extra!
  • LeellenMack
    Options
    Wear shorts! I've long suffered through summer in jeans and other long pants because I hated the size of my thighs and all the wobbly-ness that went with them. I'm still about 20-25 from my ideal weight (technically only 15 from the original goal) and I bought two cute pairs of shorts to rock this summer. I've even worn them in public! 50 pounds, spin class, and the 30 day shred have done wonders for these former thunder thighs.

Looking forward to this day, I haven't worn shorts in 18 years!!!
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    I never thought I'd be drinking water and not coke.

This...Also, I wore a sleeveless dress out in public this past weekend and plan to do it again on Saturday. I never imagined I would do this.
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    Wear shorts! I've long suffered through summer in jeans and other long pants because I hated the size of my thighs and all the wobbly-ness that went with them. I'm still about 20-25 from my ideal weight (technically only 15 from the original goal) and I bought two cute pairs of shorts to rock this summer. I've even worn them in public! 50 pounds, spin class, and the 30 day shred have done wonders for these former thunder thighs.

I'm with you on this. Shorts is my next goal and I haven't worn them since junior high. That would be 16 years.
  • BitteOrca
    BitteOrca Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    this thread is awesome. really inspiring.

i never thought i'd be able to stop eating bread at least twice a day. i have it maybe once or twice a week now. i never was able to feel full without having bread along with a salad or soup. i hardly think about it now!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I actually REALLY DO - no kidding, no talking myself into it - think 95% of fast food is disgusting. Amazing how your tastes change!

YES! I actually attempted to eat Wendy's last week and was disgusted after the first bite! (actually spit it out!!!) I was beside myself with confusion LOL!

Me too!! I can't believe I HATE fast food when I used to eat it almost daily...

Also, lifting weights - :heart: Love it and can't believe I lived without doing it all of my life - Now I actually miss lifting when I have to take a break..:cry: .
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I actually REALLY DO - no kidding, no talking myself into it - think 95% of fast food is disgusting. Amazing how your tastes change!

Me too. Last night I really wanted some sweet potato chips and made a conscious decision to eat them - over my daily calorie allowance but well inside my weekly.

This morning I woke up feeling gross from the fat.

I'd started skipping out on french fries and soda years ago. But I think my body is readjusting to even healthier food now.
  • LeellenMack
    Options
    I never thought I'd be drinking water and not coke.

This is awesome, I drink way more water and only treat myself to a pop on occasion.
    I wish my husband would cut out pop, nothing beneficial in it at all!
  • todietfor
    todietfor Posts: 48
    Options
    I ran a 5k the other day when I used to not be able to run 10 minutes straight--never thought I'd be able to keep going for over 30!
  • Morgan103084
    Options

Love this. i hate fast food. And luckily for me, I've never had to talk myself out of it, I've never really like fast food. way too greasy for my taste buds!!
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    6 months without buying a bag of cookies.....lol.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Training for a Triathlon. Never thought I would do that.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Portion control; actively weighing/counting everything I put in my mouth. If I don't have the calorie content (party, etc), I always overestimate the amount to be on the safeside.

Not drinking regular soda, and limiting diet soda to one or two a day (working on giving it up completely, but man I love my caffiene)

Being able to get through 16/30 days of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred-- and not planning on stopping until the last exercise. (14 days to go!)
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I get up willingly at 4:45 A.M. and exercise first thing. Today, I got up 30 minutes later (It's my rest day) and started the day with coffee and a sensible breakfast.

I NEVER thought I would be praising early rising! :huh:
  • Morgan103084
    Options

I'm with you on this. Shorts is my next goal and I haven't worn them since junior high. That would be 16 years.

i feel you on this, i haven't worn shorts in a few years myself. i actually took them with me Tuesday, but unfortunately i was too chicken to put them on!! :(
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    My friends tell me that when they don't want to go to the gym or get out and walk, it's my voice they hear in their heads telling them to go! I work out 5 - 6 days a week and I make sure they all know when I go and how I am progressing. For them to hear my voice later on encouraging them is great!

Someone asked me last week if I ever dreamed that I would be the one getting other people to work out and I just laughed at the thought!
  • Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I haven't had a pop in five months and have no desire to have one, and that I rarely eat fast food anymore. Since eating better, it's amazing that I don't crave junk food anymore. I treat myself here and there, but instead of pigging out on sweets like I used to, just one cookie or 1/2 cup of ice cream will do it.
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    1) Eating something called flaxseed.
    2) Lifting weights.
    3) Drinking water instead of diet soda.
    4) Monitoring things like my Iron and Fiber intake.
    5) Measuring myself with a tape measure.
    6) Waking up at 5am just to go to the gym
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options
    Wow! What a fantastic idea this is! My friend does lunges and squats in the kitchen when she cooks. I used to think she looked mental but I've caught myself copying her recently..