Things you do now that you didn't think you'd do

Options

Replies

• apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Crazy isn't it??? A couple of weeks ago, I was out with my hubby and kids driving to my mom's (who lives an hour away) and at the time I felt like I was STARVING... and my hubby asked if I wanted Wendy's... and I said "ew no...".. I still can't believe that I actually turned it down! 2 months ago i would've been ALL over that and now it just doesn't appeal to me anymore.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have two things

I don't know that I've worn shorts since 2009 and I was at 150 lbs then. Even when I was thinner, I never wore them because I thought I was fat. So if I did wear them, they had to go down to my knees.

I have shorts that go down to my mid thigh. And I feel pretty good in them. At 177 lbs!

I have also never been a runner. I was the kid that ran two blocks and walked 6 to pass my gym requirements of 3 miles. It took me 45 minutes in high school. Yesterday, I completed week 7 Day 1 of C25k, running 2.66 miles straight and then doing my warmup and cool down walks. It was about 3.25 miles total and I finished it in 37 minutes. I know I'm slow, but at least I'm doing it!
  • breathefire
    breathefire Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    one day I WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO WRITE IN THIS THREAD
    AND IT WILL BE A GOOD DAY
    been having a bit of trouble changing my diet :( I can't cook very well
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Just this morning, leaving the other 4 bagels in the bag and being content with the one I had. They are still calling out to me, but I am full and content and will continue to ignore the pushy little things.
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Last week, yes last week, I bought a container of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Over a week later and half of it is STILL in the freezer. That is simply unheard of for me!!!
  • misundrztood
    Options
    I used to get excited every time I had an errand to run because it gave me an excuse to eat fast food. I would avoid any place that didn't have burgers and fries.

Now I just automatically eat before I go or avoid anyplace that has burgers and fries.

Our family would eat out at least one meal almost daily. Now the thought of fast food makes me cringe.
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    I sort of knew i needed to start taking my portion control pretty seriously, but i didn't think i'd come by it as easily as i have. When i get home from getting groceries, if i happen to get chips or cereal i weigh out all the individual portions in cheapo baggies before putting them away. It makes it easier not to have to think about it when i'm actually getting ready to eat.

I really never thought about trying lower fat dairy either. I love to cook and i can't believe how long it's been since i had good heavy cream in the house. I've even found that in certain contexts i can deal with fat free sour cream. That stuff used to make me retch.
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    I never thought I could go months without an actual beef hamburger. So many other ways to enjoy a burger.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    OH I have another one. I had to say that I couldnt play softball last night with my finacee's team because my shorts were going to fall off! lol
  • KittahRahbet
    KittahRahbet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find myself taking the bun or bread off of burgers and sandwiches.
  • helen0616
    helen0616 Posts: 97
    Options
    OH I have another one. I had to say that I couldnt play softball last night with my finacee's team because my shorts were going to fall off! lol

LOVE!!!
    PS - I adore that "pants falling off" feeling. If I ever say it out loud, my husband takes that as his window to encourage me, or if he notices me having to hold them up to keep my butt from hanging out, he whistles. Makes a girl feel GOOD!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I used to hate exercise with a passion (which is why I always failed at weight loss in the past). This time around I started exercising from day 1 of my lifestyle change. I now LOVE it! Addicted to it! And exercise is a big part of weight loss and getting/staying healthy. I also never used to drink water, just diet coke all day long. Now I only drink water ( and a little coffee), I only have diet coke about once a month, maybe.

I currently training for my first 5K (9/4). Something I never thought I could do.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    - Trying to reach 'macros' everyday.
    - Running 2k without stopping (on a treadmill).
    - Running in my local country park.
    - Going to gym 5x a week.
    - Not having 3x bowls of cereal a day.
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I find myself taking the bun or bread off of burgers and sandwiches.

I started doing that :laugh: It's Summer time, so we have burgers and hot dogs a lot. I go with the hamburger, and half of the bun. I started this Summer, and now everyone things I'm strange :smile:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i workout... LOL I never thought I'd be this into working out and fitness, but I love it. :)
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I actually REALLY DO - no kidding, no talking myself into it - think 95% of fast food is disgusting. Amazing how your tastes change!

Same here. I LOVED McDonald's fries...now they taste funny to me. I started trying to eat clean, which for me meant trying to make sure as much of my food was whole ingredients as possible (real fruits & veggies in their natural state, less/no chemicals/preservatives/added stuff) and it's apparently paid off. My real intent was just to know what went into my food but now that it's easy to turn down fast food, I'm extra glad I did it.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i ran a half marathon a couple weeks ago... never ever thought i'd do that!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    This one is pretty easy for me... I've ran 4 half marathons in the last 9 months! I NEVER would have thought I'd run a 5K let alone 13.1 miles 4 times!!!
  • phaze71
    phaze71 Posts: 2
    Options
    I now run, never did before even at school,
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Not care what the number is on the scales