Attraction Question

Options

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    for sure.

I am attracted to guys with dark eyes, dark hair, olive skin. Not only can I not resist dark features, but it basically assures me that my children will not be gingers!

I hope you end up with a house full of Annie's

HA HAHA
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think of what my children would look like, but I do think attraction is key to some degree. Ultimately, if a long term relationship is what you are aiming at, you will be looking at said person every day for a long time. I def want to be attracted to that person, sexually, mentally and emotionally. And as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think everyone looks at people differently. Someone I may find attractive, might not be seen as so to someone else. So who knows the real answer to that question.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Haha, bump. I only date above me on the totem pole! ;]
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

Actually, the lower someone is depicted on a totem pole, the higher level an honor is being given them. Interesting fact of the day. Carry on.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    t it basically assures me that my children will not be gingers!

ಠ_ಠ

Ditto. WTF

She obviously doesn't know gingers can be sexy too - shhh lets not pollute our gene pool ;)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I wanted my children to have dangly earlobes- so it was on my 'list'-
    fair skin/hair

good looks gets you in the door, but brains and personality seals the deal.

and, yes, all 3 of my boys have dangly earlobes!
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options

Actually, the lower someone is depicted on a totem pole, the higher level an honor is being given them. Interesting fact of the day. Carry on.

So what you are saying, is that true beauty is on the inside? Gees...google the scale theory and find out what it is about. Also find out what the Natural selection theory is about. It is apparent in every organism. It goes way deeper than what you said. I wont cater to ignorant comments like that.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    t it basically assures me that my children will not be gingers!

ಠ_ಠ

Ditto. WTF

She obviously doesn't know gingers can be sexy too - shhh lets not pollute our gene pool ;)

I'm not sure about them red-headed step-children either. they are the devil!:devil: :laugh:
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    for sure.

I am attracted to guys with dark eyes, dark hair, olive skin. Not only can I not resist dark features, but it basically assures me that my children will not be gingers!

more than likely, but not guaranteed. (couldn't help but notice the adorable light colored baby you have in your ticker!).
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    In my biology classes we talked a lot about MHC - major histocompatibility complex, which is part of the immune system. It's not just about them having good genes, it's about forming a good COMBINATION of genes between ourselves and our prospective partners. In theory, the children from well-matched (genetically diverse) couples will have strong, wide-ranging immune systems that can tackle almost anything.

There's definitely a role for what's called "chemistry", we just don't know exactly what it is yet.
  • rdyne1
    rdyne1 Posts: 53
    Options
    Great question. I can only speak for myself, but yes, the Scale exists. Although I believe everyone can go one higher or lower than their rating depending on things like personality, chemistry, interests etc. I'm attracted to guys I find hot but I'll date an average guy (by average I mean MY idea of average) with a great personality and sense of humour.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    For some of us, the personality makes or breaks the physical attractiveness nearly completely. I don't care what you look like, if you don't have a sparkle in your eye when you laugh, make me laugh, or seem smart to me, there is no hope whatsoever. And while it sounds like crap, it's so very true for me. I've dated guys of all builds, and I just am not interested if I don't find that I could enjoy all of my time with him and have fun.

That said, scale theory is largely about self image, too. Even though I've lost weight and husband claims I look better than ever, think my self image is still low overall. I still see myself as a 2 as far as looks go. I do, however, think I'm hilarious and witty and cute in a nerdy sort of way.... Which helps. But I also feel that my husband has taken huge strides in this and is now significantly higher on the scale than I am, and that's hard to deal with sometimes.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options
    For some of us, the personality makes or breaks the physical attractiveness nearly completely. I don't care what you look like, if you don't have a sparkle in your eye when you laugh, make me laugh, or seem smart to me, there is no hope whatsoever. And while it sounds like crap, it's so very true for me. I've dated guys of all builds, and I just am not interested if I don't find that I could enjoy all of my time with him and have fun.

That said, scale theory is largely about self image, too. Even though I've lost weight and husband claims I look better than ever, think my self image is still low overall. I still see myself as a 2 as far as looks go. I do, however, think I'm hilarious and witty and cute in a nerdy sort of way.... Which helps. But I also feel that my husband has taken huge strides in this and is now significantly higher on the scale than I am, and that's hard to deal with sometimes.

that is why there are two main parts to the scale. you could be a ten, and it will be easy to meet people, but if you are two, it wont go much farther than that (unless the goal is a one night stand). But, you could look like a two, and have the personality of a ten, and never get a chance to show it, except with other 2s, as you wouldnt get a second look.

P.S.---- A guy loves it when his girl gets slimmer, for two reasons. It makes it easier for you to be on top, and it enlarges his penis! :bigsmile: Food for thought.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    There is a really good documentary on youtube in parts called "The Science of Sex Appeal". It's very interesting and explains attraction and what exactly makes others attractive to one another.
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    for sure.

What's wrong with having ginger children?
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    for sure.

I love my ginger <3 and our daughter's brunette, but I'd love to have a little ginger running around as well, and his parents are blond and dark haired.

(and as far as the genetic attraction theories go... how do same sex relationships rate? ;) )
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I met my ex online, and I thought he was "THE ONE". He wasn't physically attractive if we're talking about what the average magazine reading advertisement watching public finds attractive, but he wasn't an ogre either. He was tall, very slim, balding, glasses, fair skin, and blue eyes to die for. Very geeky. Ended up being a biological scientist later on. But back to the topic on hand.

I fell for him before I saw a picture of him. We talked for a month or two before we even swapped pictures, but he knew about my weight and continued to talk and want me. As for our relationship based on what our children would be like, the only thing I was really hoping for was that they had a better metabolism like their would-be father than me! Also, the bonus of them having my dark hair and his blue eyes, which I think is a striking combination.

Sex was great. I enjoyed it not because of what he looked like, but how he made me feel, and to me it was, yes, fun, but also just another way for us to bond and share something intimate. And try out kinky ****, but that's for another post :D
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

So what you are saying, is that true beauty is on the inside? Gees...google the scale theory and find out what it is about. Also find out what the Natural selection theory is about. It is apparent in every organism. It goes way deeper than what you said. I wont cater to ignorant comments like that.

I wasn't commenting on scale theory or natural selection, which I'm familiar and well-versed in (it ain't rocket surgery), but the meaning of actual totem poles, carved by Native Americans. The other girl's comment suggested that higher spots on a totem were "better" spots, when really it's the opposite. And, in fact, you did cater to a comment you saw as ignorant, since you responded and all.
  • j_wilson2012
    Options

I wasn't commenting on scale theory or natural selection, which I'm familiar and well-versed in (it ain't rocket surgery), but the meaning of actual totem poles, carved by Native Americans. The other girl's comment suggested that higher spots on a totem were "better" spots, when really it's the opposite. And, in fact, you did cater to a comment you saw as ignorant, since you responded and all.

Haha.......Well, I guess I was out of place. My apologies. I rescind that comment.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Did you try taking a poop? Works for me.