I don't understand why you don't understand

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
I don't understand why you don't understand that when you say you don't understand I know you really do understand or you really don't care to understand but it makes me not understand why you are asking.

I see these posts a lot. For example

I don't understand:
Why people eat fast food because I think it's disgusting
Why you don't eat meat (vegan or Vegetarian)
Why you do eat meat
Why a girl would want to strength train because she would bulk up and that's not attractive
etc, etc, fill in the blank, yadda yadda yadda so on and so forth.

Why ask these questions? You don't understand because you don't feel that way, but do you really want to understand or do you want to find others that don't understand either, so everyone can band together and not understand, the answer is extremely simple...................because they want to, because we are all individuals with individual goals and dreams, tastes and opinions.

This is a half joking half serious post, somewhat for my own amusement but also because................yeah.........I don't understand.

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I don't understand what you're asking. :laugh:
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    what I don't understand is why people seek advice on the internet and then a completely random person gets offended at the responses the OP gets!! :grumble:
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    I don't understand what you're asking. :laugh:

my point exactly, too much misunderstanding :laugh:
    but in all seriousness, but not really, sometimes you gotta make your own fun
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I think I understand. Wait, what was the question again?
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    what I don't understand is why people seek advice on the internet and then a completely random person gets offended at the responses the OP gets!! :grumble:

i understand
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I hate mustard.
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    I don't understand why you have a mustache
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why people schedule conference calls for 3pm on a Friday afternoon! Can I retire now?
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    but... huh?
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What they are really saying is, "I don't understand why anyone would think differently than I do because i know I am right?" You can apply that to any subject, politics, sports, religion, climate change, etc.

It is basically our ingrained narcissism that makes it hard for us to believe anyone might have an opinion different from our own because we know we are right.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    I don't understand why you have a mustache

I'm related to mario and luigi but my great grandpa was Wyatt earp
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If I understood you I'm sure I would agree with you. ;-p
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    What they are really saying is, "I don't understand why anyone would think differently than I do because i know I am right?" You can apply that to any subject, politics, sports, religion, climate change, etc.

It is basically our engrained narcissism that makes it hard for us to believe anyone might have an opinion different from our own because we know we are right.

^^ this guy understands^^
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    I dont understand why people schedule conference calls for 3pm on a Friday afternoon! Can I retire now?

I feel ya, I don't understand why patients show up late for the last appointment of the day............ON A FRIDAY at that
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you don't see that I am right, and you are wrong! :tongue:
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you got that mustache to stand up like that.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what you don't understand those who don't understand; what's to understand anyway ?
    I like your mustache. Is it a real one ?
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    LOL, I think thats the best post I've ever seen in here !!!!! :drinker:
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

^^This
    *kitten*. :-)