is it wrong???

Options

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Flirting is OK up until the point that your SO would be hurt by it.

THIS!!!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Just asking the question "is it wrong to ..." PROBABLY means that yes...it is. and if its something that you wouldn't do with your s.o. there...then its probably wrong too. (IMO)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    To know if it's wrOng in your marriage, you'd have to ask your husband.
  • kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    i am married. but i love love love to flirt. it makes me feel good and sexy. so is it wrong?

Is it something you and your husband agree on? Then. I don't see a problem.

Are you hiding it from him? That's a problem>

Do you mind if he flirts?

I agree
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Only you know your current relationship so only you can answer this question.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    You don't really care what we think, do you? Please say no.

But, nah, I vote for not wrong.
  • Maria_T007
    Maria_T007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Would your other half say it’s wrong? How would you feel if your other half was on here flirting like you are? I'd be asking myself those answers and then deciding if its wrong :)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would go by how your husband feels about it.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I dont get it..maybe I am the minority
    BUT if u are in a relatively healthy marriage (what marriage is perfect) why do u feel the need to flirt? To me it is getting some empty compliments from co-workers or strangers on line..think some people should look at why they are craving this type of attention?

Also, and not saying always but I think what starts out as harmless flirting could lead to something more
    I would also think how you would feel if your so was flirting with someone on line the way that you have..would it bother u...and like others say, would he be bothered by how you are acting?
    or see it as harmless

Kim
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've been happily married for 12 years and we are both serious flirts. That's why we fell for eachother to begin with. Flirting is healthy as long as you both agree that its cool. We don't get jealous, because we trust eachother completely. It's a turn on, plain and simple. I say, if you wouldn't hide your screen from him, then your not doing anything wrong.
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    I think there's a difference between being extra nice and flirting. I don't think flirting is ok. IMO. I think YOU should ask your husband what HE thinks. If he is not ok with it or it bothers him.....Don't do it.
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    Flirting is OK up until the point that your SO would be hurt by it.

:drinker:
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    BUT if u are in a relatively healthy marriage (what marriage is perfect) why do u feel the need to flirt? To me it is getting some empty compliments from co-workers or strangers on line..think some people should look at why they are craving this type of attention?

Also, and not saying always but I think what starts out as harmless flirting could lead to something more
    I would also think how you would feel if your so was flirting with someone on line the way that you have..would it bother u...and like others say, would he be bothered by how you are acting?
    or see it as harmless

Kim

Perfectly said :heart:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It's not okay for me. I'd feel hurt if my SO was flirting. And any time I've flirted while in a relationship, I feel really guilty. Like most things in life, if there's something that doesn't feel right about it, don't do it.

EDIT
    Actually, I felt okay about it when I flirted with strangers I wasn't going to see again. It was the guys I saw on a regular basis that were the problem. Flirting lead to fantasizing about what it would be like to be with them lead to less satisfaction in my relationship...and luckily I learned to avoid these guys. For the sake of a stronger relationship with my man
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have the "intentions" rule. If your intentions are good then no biggie. For example flirting for entertainment or ego is not a prob. To get attention is fine too. Flirting to take someone home is bad intentions.

Everyone needs to be reminded they are special and not just cause they are loved.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i vote no. unless you're doing it in a way that would make your man look like a chump.

^ this.

Discuss with your husband or S/O maybe what he finds ok and not ok. And if you would be hurt by him doing it, you probably shouldn't be doing either.

My man is no chump. :wink: I love him more than peanut butter and bacon... :love:
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLl4jk0HbzPR4zMyd_KzFLUplVkHueHvmcFUqbkqRki0hug7h1tw
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options

or see it as harmless

Kim

^^^ This. Flirting for me is a no no whether i am in a relationship or not. If i am flirting with someone, it means i want to be with the person, otherwise forget it. The way i see it, there is just such a thin line, and i really hate it when people lead others on and when the person steps up and make a pass, they get upset and say "i was just flirting, i didnt mean it" Hmm...okay. At the end of the day, guess it all depends on how you and your SO feel about it, but for me it is something i wouldnt do, or wouldnt want my SO to do either
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

or see it as harmless

Kim

Perfectly said :heart:

I believe if you are in a healthy marriage flirting is less likely to lead anywhere, especially if you care for your healthy marriage. Also flirting with people superficially can really make you have a little extra kick in your step. Just don't take it to seriously. The only person you should be taking seriously with the flirting is the person you are in a healthy relationship with.

Anyone whose been married long enough appreciates the moment when you catch someone's eye. It reminds you that you've still got it. And that makes me feel a little extra sexier for the day and my husband benefits:wink: . Same for him. when he feels sexy he gets a lot of energy...
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Flirtatious talk is a form of adulterous behavior, in my worldview. Don't flirt. My wife is far too valuable and rare to dare risk something like that with her.