What bad habits do you have that drive your spouse/SO crazy?

Options
Fat_Bottomed_Girl
Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
My boyfriend told me that he would marry me if I could just figure out how to close a bag of chips/bread or ANYTHING that can go stale, properly. -It seems that a ring (or a lifetime commitment) just isn't a huge motivator for me. Poor guy...

Replies

• chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It's like putting the toilet seat down, or not letting **** stains sit there. Just sayin....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    SO hates that I put myself down all the time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    My advice as a divorced person......continue to leave the bag of chips wide open.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Oh man where to start! I think my most annoying characteristic is that I pile things. Papers, books, clean clothes. I leave piles of stuff in my wake wherever I go haha. I can manage to keep the majority of shared space clean and even tidy at times but every surface that is mine and mine alone is covered with a pile of junk. Oh well, he should help me cook and clean the house if he wants me to have time to work on my organizational skills!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I have self-affirmation problems.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When i crack eggs on the counter in the morning, i sometimes (ok, often), don't clean up the egg mess and it dries there and is hard to clean
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    ohh probably the fact that i don't throw garbage away in the kitchen, let my son make messes all over the house, hang my clothes up on the floor in a massive pile, tickle him even though he's told me countless times not to, hijack his computer all of the time, and loads of other things; i'm lucky he loves me ^_^
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My advice as a divorced person......continue to leave the bag of chips wide open.

^HAHAHAHAHA! Yes! And eat them in bed.
  • lshaunessy
    lshaunessy Posts: 64
    Options
    I am a diagnosed Obsessive/Compulsive. I'm constantly organizing, straightening, labeling, categorizing, etc.... It amuses my husband greatly, so he comes along behind me and changes it all just to see my head spin like Linda Blair in the Exorcist.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I tend to leave towels on the bed/floor/couch/where ever lol. I usually forget to put mine back so I grab his and then he ends up stranded in the shower with no towel lol.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    She hates it when I dont put things in the dishwasher, I just put them in the sink :) or when I miss the hamper throwing clothes at it (im a horrible basketball player). Drives her crazy when I burp, which to me Im complimenting her on her fine culinary skills especially since its mostly weight watchers stuff. I get barked at for closing bottom vegetable door with my foot. Ahh the married life.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My husband hates it that I always forget to turn off the light over the stove. I hate it when he forgets to turn off the light in the stairwell, so we're pretty much even.
  • angelachristin
    Options
    I like to have sex late at night when it's past bedtime. My husband has to wake up super early and doesn't really get enough sleep on those nights. :wink:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm a fixer, I can't just sit and listen, I have to come up with solutions sometimes he doesn't want a solution.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Oh man where to start! I think my most annoying characteristic is that I pile things. Papers, books, clean clothes. I leave piles of stuff in my wake wherever I go haha. I can manage to keep the majority of shared space clean and even tidy at times but every surface that is mine and mine alone is covered with a pile of junk. Oh well, he should help me cook and clean the house if he wants me to have time to work on my organizational skills!

^This, but then I move the piles around. He's always telling me, "You didn't clean up, you just moved the piles around." I argue for a bit and then I admit defeat. ...sometimes there just aren't places to put things :sad:
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    I drive my husband nuts with sooo many things, but I secretly think that's why he loves me! He says I'm crazy and that I act "too New Jersey" sometimes (we live in SC, but I'm from NJ... and apparently it's not totally acceptable to voice your opinion LOUDLY out in public, lol). I like to stay up late-ish (like 11-12) and he wants to be asleep by 9 (understandable because he's up at 5 for work). I have a set "schedule" that I try to keep the kids on and follow daily and he thinks we should just go with the flow (although he realizes that things work out for the better if we DO IT MY WAY!! hah!)
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't like that I recycle everything he finds at work (he cleans out houses) and every usable thing gets donated in some way, shape or form, he says some is ok, but I find a use for most of what he was going to throw away, and it takes a huge amount of time and we always have a bunch of extra stuff laying around until I find homes for it.... I hate throwing usable stuff away, it's just wasteful when people need so much.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Let you know when I stop being single :grumble:
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    leaving papers where ever i go or going on cleaning-binges where afterwards no one can touch anything (with their grimey little fingers...yuck)
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    My boyfriend says I think too much and get worried looks about nothing. I try not to but I can't help it I compare and worry about a lot of stuff. :ohwell: