Please don't attack me- I just want support/ advice

Options
13»

Replies

• tinksmommy2006
    Options
    you can't be a good mom if your dead...go :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You need to take care of yourself. Dead moms don't do their job well.
  • Carolinagirlo76
    Carolinagirlo76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    In order to be a good mom you need to look after yourself first.

If he is very sick it would be different, but I think you should go. The snuggle up in the afternoon and have a sick day 'movie'.

I agree 100%. To be a good mother you HAVE to take care of yourself first. As a home daycare provider, I tell parents when it's a mild illness as long as the child can participate and isn't lethargic it's ok to bring them still. The parents appreciate this because too many daycare providers (and centers) say NO illness, and that's just pretty unrealistic with things like the common cold, having to work etc.
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    Moms feel guilty when they work because they don't spend 24/7 with the kids. Moms feel guilty when they don't work because they do not contribute financially to the household. Moms feel guilty when they exercise, because they are taking time for themselves and feel like they are not giving it all to the family. Moms feel guilty if they splurge on a nice pair of shoes because they didn't buy their kids yet another toy. It is a fact of life, which I don't care for. IMO, by taking care of yourself, you are taking care of your family. You precious child will be just fine if he is watched over by a neighbor while he sleeps, while you take care of yourself. Go to your appointments, and try not to feel guilty about it.
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Okay so that's pretty clearly a unanimous vote. I was worried/ hoping this would be the general consensus. Thanks everyone. I guess I'll be going to the appointments.

Yay!! The choice to go take care of yourself is one way you are being a good mom to your son. Hope your appts go well and your son is feeling better soon!!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Sounds like to me the folks who offered to help you understand the predicament you are in with both your ill son and the fact how important this appointment is for you...

Dont feel bad when people are willing to help watch him so you can go.....

Parenting is never easy, but if you have a support system willing to help when times get a little crazy, then accept their help.

And perhaps maybe when hell freezes over for one of them that helped you out, you can return the favor in their time of need?

Scratch your back, scratch mine....
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    ok as someone who has a mother.
    I'd rather her go to an appointment to get herself better.
    Pretty much I would rather a healthy mom that wasn't there one day when I had a cold. As opposed to a dead mom.
  • k2harman
    k2harman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This was was has helped me....

You are their example in life, if they see you always putting yourself aside for others they will learn moms come second. If they see you taking care of yourself as much as everyone else they will learn moms deserve the same care and respect as everyone else.

Go to your appointments because while your symptoms may be different, you have an illness that deserves just as much attention as his. You have him covered, now you should cover yourself.

*hugz* hope your day goes smoothly and you are snuggling on the couch with some books in no time.
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support!! I so appreciated reading all your kind encouragement... I did go to my appointments today, and the irony is that my son woke up feeling a TON better anyway... haha, that's always how it is, right?

Thanks again, everyone!