what is wrong with the world today ! (rant, sorry)

Options
2»

Replies

• amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    Groups of boys are only as bright as the lowest iq divided by the bottles of bravery they have drunk. When I was able to run, many a time a group of kids would yell as I ran past “earthquake” or “fatman walking” only once did I stop, I challenged them to keep up with me, (along ladies mile in Bristol) skinny punk in *kitten* dragging jeans sprinted off, and after about two or three hundred yards stopped like he was about to blow, by my second lap, they just looked anywhere but at me as I passed them. (I’d normally only do two, but I threw in an extra lap just to rub it in, how unfit their skinny arses were and how fit my lardy *kitten* was compared to them)
    Every slow stumbling step forward you take is one step more than 95% of the rest of the population. When you get to where you want to go, you’ll be looking back at them,” thinking not me not anymore”

I love *everything* you said here, 100% right and inspiring too.
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You so entitled to your rant! You should read the one I wrote about a guy that told his girlfriend to leave where they were standing as the management of the building weren't going to open the doors because they weren't going to let the fat woman in!! Thankfully, I was quick enough to pull him up on it and tell him that I'm doing something about my weight but unfortunately he will always be an *kitten*. It did inspire me to make sure I still got up for my 5 km walk the next morning so his words only fueled my desire to make sure jerks like that don't have a chance with someone like me when I am ready to head back out in the dating world.

I'm lucky in a sense as where I live, we have a Beach Corniche and really the only people that are on this 6km promenade are joggers, walkers, skaters and riders... but the ipod goes on and I just walk... at the end of the day, this is my journey, no-one else's!

Just imagine what that gang of idiots would have said when I was the one getting in the water - when I started I was wearing the equivalent of a UK 20!

Just turn the negative comments into positive fuel and sod those morons!
  • Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't what changed or when but the world is a very different place to how it was 10/15 years ago. We used to have fun with our friends . When did thing change so that fun revolved around belittling others or worse and when did all the agression & nastyiness start. If i told of when i was younger i certainly wouldn't have dared to say the things you hear today.

And as for having a go at someone for trying to lose weight it makes no sense thats like ripping into an alcoholic for going to an aa meeting. Why hurt someone for doing the right thing ?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you... Teenagers these days have no respect whatsoever for other human beings.

I don't live in the UK(I'm over here in the US) but I find that trying to do my C25K runs as early as possible helps. Little people are out at 6 am, so there is less chance of abuse being hurled at you.
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Rant away! If it makes you feel better, good. Use the situation as a motivator. Put your music in and run, run, run! Good luck and keep up the good work :happy:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    People can suck, have you tried finding a running club? You can run with others and then at least you've got some support :)
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Just disgusting. Don't worry, honey. Karma will surely come back and bite them square in the *kitten*!!
  • Sinope82
    Options
    Thanks guys, im sure one day they'll get theirs, im looking at joining a group with my cousin but i wanted to see if i was capable before i said yes for definate. To be honest im really embarrased to let anyone i know see my attempts until i can atleast manage a few minutes without keeling over (o:
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    a uk size 12 is like a us size 4.... (smh at america and their vanity sizing), you are not big at all, actually a very normal size and smaller than most. It irks me how someone could make such rude remarks based on pure bullsh*t... just an example of their brain's incapacity. Keep your chin up beautiful.
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Belligerent_Wombat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I know but not only is it annoying and upsetting it's intimidating. Why should anyone be made to feel like that for trying to better themselves!

Is it just me?

Does/has anyone else come across this?

Every day of my life, deary. :) Screw those idiots. You're better than they are.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    we have young ladies / moms come to WORK in pajama bottoms and spaghetti strap tanks. Ive seen em shopping the same way. Most dont even bother combing their hair they just throw it in a clip or messy bun and call it good.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    we have young ladies / moms come to WORK in pajama bottoms and spaghetti strap tanks. Ive seen em shopping the same way. Most dont even bother combing their hair they just throw it in a clip or messy bun and call it good.

Good God, where do u work?? That's terrible!!
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    Stupid is as stupid does- Forest Gump
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    Maybe it is where I live... but I started my journey at 432 pounds. I joined a gym and was nervous about it but NEVER even ONCE was I ridiculed or made fun of. Not on the machines, not in the pool, not in my Zumba or Body Pump class. I can't even phathom doing that to someone. If I am being made fun of I am oblivious to it... but I don't feel the least bit uncomfortable so I don't think its going on.
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    People like that are just absolute morons! I have seen people of all sizes running and I think it's awesome. Stupid, stupid people. You keep going and don't let them demotivate you.

I was much bigger when I started running so I know how hard this can be on you. Just keep your head up and keep on keeping on. :wink:
  • Sinope82
    Options
    Thanks guys, and don't worry it hasn't put me off i've done day 2 now and im planning to do my last day of week 1 this weekend. Can't wait till im feeling more confident about my capabilities and just run past feeling smug (o:
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Love this reply! Great, motivational story.
    So after years of putting it off and trying any other exercise i finally plucked up the courage to try running and started C25K this week, yey me :o) Ive put it off because i know how much abuse ive had over the years when i've tried other forms of public exercise including one lovely gentleman who advised his mates to get out of the pool so they didn't get beached when the water got out as the whale got in !!! Anyway i did it anyway and went somewhere quiet so as to avoid the predicted group of idiots but there was still a gang of about 20 hanging around and as predicted i got abuse hurled at me. What annoys me the most is im not even that big anymore (uk size 12) and to make it worse one of them was shouting and joining in despite being considerably bigger than me ! what is wrong with these people!!! The fact im out running surely suggests that im trying to do something to improve my health, shame the same can't be said for you and your obvious attitude/ alcohol ( based on the number of various empty bottles scattered on the floor) problem !!!. Get off my back and sort your own lives out before you worry about mine! You don't know me or how far i've already come. I'm working on getting healthier every day and im going to keep on doing so, the only person who can stop me acheiving my goal is me and no amount of your stupidity is going to change that ! rant over sorry but i just had to get that one off my chest x Thankyou
    Groups of boys are only as bright as the lowest iq divided by the bottles of bravery they have drunk. When I was able to run, many a time a group of kids would yell as I ran past “earthquake” or “fatman walking” only once did I stop, I challenged them to keep up with me, (along ladies mile in Bristol) skinny punk in *kitten* dragging jeans sprinted off, and after about two or three hundred yards stopped like he was about to blow, by my second lap, they just looked anywhere but at me as I passed them. (I’d normally only do two, but I threw in an extra lap just to rub it in, how unfit their skinny arses were and how fit my lardy *kitten* was compared to them)
    Every slow stumbling step forward you take is one step more than 95% of the rest of the population. When you get to where you want to go, you’ll be looking back at them,” thinking not me not anymore”
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Why is it that the most overweight and unattractive men seem to do this kind of talking?

I haven't had much of a problem with this, but my mom used to be really overweight and would go walking to lose weight and people would yell rude stuff at her from cars.

However, I either workout at my gym (that is marketed to overweight people, not one of the fancy gyms), in my basement, or in my neighborhood, in the less crowded areas. I have a huge fear of this kind of thing, which is ridiculous.

Keep doing what you're doing, everyone with an IQ in the triple digits thinks what you're doing is amazing. :)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Outrageous. :explode:

Seriously, I'll bet that if the loser guy who made the nasty comment was there by himself, he wouldn't have said anything like that to you. Group dynamics can be an ugly thing. It's shameful and shameful that no one came to your defense.

Sorry that happened.