Options
    "I'm big, BUT I'M HEALTHY!" - lies.com
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    He will change.
  • TheyCallMeTaterSalad
    Options
    That I was happy being the funny, fat girl.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    "I don't have time" Which really meant "It's not a priority"
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm not worth it.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    "I am physically incapable of running."

I am now on Week 2 of C25K and loving it. =)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I wear my weight well.
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    i'll start on monday. or the first of next month.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    "I suppose dating women is better than being alone."
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    "You are ugly. That is why you will be alone forever."
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I can't. Whether it's because I have overweight parents/grandparents and it's genetics - or because I think my thyroid is broken (it's not - I've had it checked multiple times) - or because I'm too big to do anything about it - or I don't have enought time.

My biggest lie to myself has always been I can't because ___________. Now I am - and I know I can - I may not look great doing it - and I may not always be perfect at it - but I can totally do this!
  • zen_soul
    zen_soul Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Two drink max.....
  • MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'll start tomorrow...
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    That I loved my body, fat and all.

And that my friends, is the realest *kitten* I ever wrote.
  • brandi22479
    brandi22479 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The faster I eat ALL these cookies, the faster they're out of the house and I won't eat them anymore!

Love! Love! Love! This is my thinking on my love/hate obsession with Ritz Crackers! What is it about these damn little crackers!!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I'm perfectly happy being the size I am, and I don't care what others think....I used to tell myself that all the time. I am perfectly happy with WHO I am, but now I am working on remaining healthy and working off these last bits
  • KellyMirth
    KellyMirth Posts: 153
    Options
    "I can't do real pushups, I can barely do a few of the modified ones."

I'm working on the 100 pushup challenge and did 40 this morning. And not the modified ones either, the real thing.
  • JessieSunshine81
    Options
    So many lies.. and occasionally I still listen to them...

1-"I'm not that fat"
    2-."It's vanity to diet"
    3-"I'm selfish if I exercise and ignore my kids"
    4-"fat people are happy people"
    5-"focusing on the diet takes me away from other important things"
    6-"I'm not worth it"
    7-"In my family we are just fat.."
    8-"I'm denying myself if I dont eat that"
    9-"One cookie can't hurt"
    10-"I can always try tomorrow"
    11-"I dont have time"

I really could go on and on... these lies fill my head still sometimes.. and I'm trying to replace them with Truth.. so here goes..

1-I am fat"
    2-Diet isn't vanity.. its wisdom.. its discipline... its a good example for my kids"
    3-Not selfish to take time out to make yourself better so that when you are with your kids you are healthy enough to be around for them.. and play with them"
    4- fat people are happy because they are in denial.. and sometimes the happiness is merely the food and laziness.. which is not happiness it's selfishness
    5- You dont have to focus on the diet.. you need to make a plan.. fit it into your schedule.. then get busy living..
    6- You are totally worth it.. if not for you.. then for your kids.. they need you to be around for a long time.. they love you....
    7- You dont have to be bound to your genetics.. most likely this is just an excuse that you have filled your head with.. so you dont have to do what you need to do.
    8- Its not denying yourself not to avoid a cookie.. but you are denying yourself when you deny yourself good vitamins and minerals that can make you stronger..and feel better... Or avoiding the exhileration of exercise.. or denying yourself the last 50 years of your life because you died of heart failure from an overabundance of that stupid cookie...
    9- One cookie can hurt because it makes you hungry for more cookies... and one just doesn't feel like enough.. it never does.
    10- You have been saying tormoro for 10 years.. thats 10 years down the tube... seize the day!!!
    11. If you have time for facebook.. and youtube... and tv.. and movies.. and stuffing your face... you have time for exercise.. 4 hours in a week is the smallest percentage of your week...

time to reprogram our thinking!!!! I needed that.. :)
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    So many lies.. and occasionally I still listen to them...

1-"I'm not that fat"
    2-."It's vanity to diet"
    3-"I'm selfish if I exercise and ignore my kids"
    4-"fat people are happy people"
    5-"focusing on the diet takes me away from other important things"
    6-"I'm not worth it"
    7-"In my family we are just fat.."
    8-"I'm denying myself if I dont eat that"
    9-"One cookie can't hurt"
    10-"I can always try tomorrow"
    11-"I dont have time"

I really could go on and on... these lies fill my head still sometimes.. and I'm trying to replace them with Truth.. so here goes..

1-I am fat"
    2-Diet isn't vanity.. its wisdom.. its discipline... its a good example for my kids"
    3-Not selfish to take time out to make yourself better so that when you are with your kids you are healthy enough to be around for them.. and play with them"
    4- fat people are happy because they are in denial.. and sometimes the happiness is merely the food and laziness.. which is not happiness it's selfishness
    5- You dont have to focus on the diet.. you need to make a plan.. fit it into your schedule.. then get busy living..
    6- You are totally worth it.. if not for you.. then for your kids.. they need you to be around for a long time.. they love you....
    7- You dont have to be bound to your genetics.. most likely this is just an excuse that you have filled your head with.. so you dont have to do what you need to do.
    8- Its not denying yourself not to avoid a cookie.. but you are denying yourself when you deny yourself good vitamins and minerals that can make you stronger..and feel better... Or avoiding the exhileration of exercise.. or denying yourself the last 50 years of your life because you died of heart failure from an overabundance of that stupid cookie...
    9- One cookie can hurt because it makes you hungry for more cookies... and one just doesn't feel like enough.. it never does.
    10- You have been saying tormoro for 10 years.. thats 10 years down the tube... seize the day!!!
    11. If you have time for facebook.. and youtube... and tv.. and movies.. and stuffing your face... you have time for exercise.. 4 hours in a week is the smallest percentage of your week...

time to reprogram our thinking!!!! I needed that.. :)

I don't think I could have said any better myself...YOU GO GIRL!!
  • Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    "The camera must be messed up...there's no WAY I'm that fat!"

"The scale must be messed up...there's no WAY I'm that fat!"

"It takes too much work to make supper...we'll just get fast food, that's cheaper anyway."

On the second one, I actually had my boyfriend weigh himself to make sure the scale was working correctly. And then go get HIS scale and compare the numbers...sigh.