Best Advice Ever Given

Options

Replies

• gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I started a thread like this and it crashed and burned! :laugh:

From Grandpa: NEVER take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.
    Marry a woman with small hands, it makes your willy look bigger.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    remember to pull out.
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    "DO IT FOR THE COWS!"

This probably begs an explanation... When I was in high school in my little town, I was in marching band. Every summer and fall we would have to practice our marching sets on the practice field which was right beside farm land with, as you can imagine, COWS! For whatever reason, if we were having a good day the cows seemed to come closer to the fence, but if we were having a bad day, the cows went further out into the field. This little quote was painted on butcher paper in huge letters in the band hall. Now, every time I go jogging if I see a bunny or a dog or any other kind of animal I think of this and it still makes me laugh.

We had another one too... "Squeeze the grape!" When we were marching we were suppose to stand up straight and squeeze our butt cheeks together. So our weirdo band director told us to imagine we had a grape in there... LoL

Ok, it's not the best advice, but I like to remember stuff that puts me in a good mood.
  • ppaigeyy
    ppaigeyy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just show up. Just press play.

I tell myself these words over and over every morning at 5am when I'm getting up to do my Ripped in 30 workout. And it WORKS. All I've gotta do is show up and press play, and the rest just comes naturally. :-)
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    remember to pull out.

seriously?!?!, you can do that???? WHY WASN"T I TOLD!!!!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Lord loves a workin' man

Don't trust whitey

See a doctor and get rid of it.
  • karthur99
    karthur99 Posts: 1
    Options
    "Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is."

Vince Lombardi
  • silverjezture
    silverjezture Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not all people will appreciate your thoughts, so you either need thick skin or a filter!
    Freakin LOVE this LOL
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Harden the f$%^ up.
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    find your own source of happyness within yourself. dont rely on others to make you happy and define who you are.
  • ppaigeyy
    ppaigeyy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dang it censored me...

Me: Hey coach all the weight kind of hurts my shoulder when I front squat, is there anything I could do to change that?
    Coach: Stop being a PU$$Y

This! I LOVE this!!! Hahaha. Quit being such a whiney wimp.... ;-p

There's a blunt card out there that reads " Yes, I know it burns, but complaining about it won't make you look good naked!"
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    'Never p*ss off your hairdresser.'

Not as motivating as the rest but good advice nonetheless! Another would be 'Try before you buy.'

:flowerforyou:
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    be yourself. who else is better qualified?
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sleep when the baby sleeps.
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    "Telling someone they can’t be sad because other people have it worse is like telling someone they can’t be happy because other people are happier than they are.”
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You are the captain of your ship. You own the results.
  • molencuppt
    Options
    "You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else."
  • ashleighk123
    ashleighk123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Only shop around the edges in the grocery store... You don't NEED anything from the middle isles 9 times out of 10. =] So neat... I've been doing it and it's made a big difference in how I shop. Still get a few items but not many!
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    its a tie between "its nice to be important, but its important to be nice" OR "Dont piss into the wind!"
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    In order to not get overwhelmed or paralyzed by fear "Focus ONLY on the next step and do it."