Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Ok. Let's see if this works. My husband drew this for me and his friend did the work.

nvywy1.jpg

Put "IMG" in lower case. Then we can see your pics. :wink:
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    ugh!!! It's huge! Why did it post so big? You can't even see the tat!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I would think it would hurt - but with everyone having so many...maybe not! Do they hurt? If so, how much?

I think it depends on where you get it and how detailed it is. I think shading hurts the worst. But I think the itching a few days afterward bothers me the most!

Anyplace where there's bone, that's when it hurts..........................so i'm told!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    1234jn6.jpg

WHOOHOO! I did it! lol
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    kLZLQ.jpg

Tattoo made after death of my father because we shared respect and love for arachnids together and he oft called me his "black widow" (joys of being long legged and goth as teenager)

tVz4L.jpg
    Tattoo made after death of my mother. Isis in motherly aspect.

Next project is enlarging and enriching the spider . Tattoo is almost 12 years old, thus I feel it needs a bit of boost.
    After that I think next one i'll made if i ever get married or have kids.
    The tattoo pain is hella addictive.
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    LasPv.jpg

This is mine, a gorgeous big peacock feather on my inner right forearm. I've had it since April, and at the moment it's my only tattoo, but I have plans for more! I'm a complete wuss when it comes to pain - I can't even wax my legs because it hurts too much - but the tattoo was painless, honestly. It just felt like dragging a pin up and down my arm, more tickely than scratchy.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have two but am in the process of removing one.

The first was a sacred heart on my hip I had done at 18.

The second (and the one being removed) is a small outline of a star on my inner wrist.

I would get the first removed too but its bigger so more expensive and its in a less visable spot so no one can see it. I will get it removed eventually though (assuming the removal of the star goes well)

I've changed and grown since I got them done and they no longer reflect or express who I am.
  • colawoman
    colawoman Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Catpower - I must say - it is beautiful!!
  • colawoman
    colawoman Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I got this phoenix very recently to celebrate my 35th birthday, also losing 100 lbs and changing my life forever.

This is my first pic post, hope I do it right...

11c5kt2.jpg

I was just thinking yesterday that a phoenix would be a great "weight loss" tattoo! I've been looking for one, so that may be it lol.

You have a really pretty one too!
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Really don't like them (tried not to say "hate") and to be honest I think they are soooo yesterday!!!! Sorry!!! I'm watching the Olympic gymnastics (and earlier the diving) and their bodies are soooo beautiful...then every once and a while one will have a tattoo and it looks terrible...like scribbling on a perfect canvas!!!!!!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Really don't like them (tried not to say "hate") and to be honest I think they are soooo yesterday!!!! Sorry!!! I'm watching the Olympic gymnastics (and earlier the diving) and their bodies are soooo beautiful...then every once and a while one will have a tattoo and it looks terrible...like scribbling on a perfect canvas!!!!!!

You're entitled to your opinion. But to expand on your metaphor of the canvas, if you go to an art museum do you look at the pieces with beautiful artwork, or a blank canvas?

My thoughts on it, and obviously this might not even apply to the majority, but using myself is the ultimate canvas for expression. My tattoo doesn't mean anything in particular, but it is artwork which contours to the muscles on my arms and is completely symmetrical. I like it much more than a blank canvas :wink:
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So yesterday?
    I suppose as tattoos have been around since the Neolithic age.
    But, I can assure you they are not going anywhere.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    <--- my first on my foot.
    Second one is happening this Saturday however I am still trying to decide where it's going ... you know, being permanent and all :tongue:
  • johntpatterson
    johntpatterson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2i6fo1h.jpg
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    Mine aren't that great, but I've got ten of them. You can find them in my photos on my profile.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would think it would hurt - but with everyone having so many...maybe not! Do they hurt? If so, how much?

I think it depends on where you get it and how detailed it is. I think shading hurts the worst. But I think the itching a few days afterward bothers me the most!

Anyplace where there's bone, that's when it hurts..........................so i'm told!

Your told right! Lol the one that hurt the worst to me was on my collar bone, I was literally involuntarily shaking from all the shading.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    381644_271255432921672_177664515614098_681163_519312496_n1.jpg
    IMG_9648.jpg
  • shannong311
    shannong311 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have six, I'll post them when I get to work (my new computer doesn't have my pics) 2 of them are Nine Inch Nail tattoos. My daughter is an artist, so the deal is when mom's arms start to get less flabby and more muscle she must design me a tattoo from my shoulder to my elbow :)
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    me4.jpg

me5.jpg

me6.jpg

not very good pictures and not real exciting but I love them.
  • nikkiw283
    nikkiw283 Posts: 90
    Options
    I have two right now. Pisces on my lower back that I have had for about 8 years & a rose one my ankle for my daughter Lilah Rose. Had the second one done in April of this year. I am plotting my next tattoo now. I am getting an owl on my upper back when I hit my first weightloss goal of 50lbs.