Chipotle!~!

Options
Sharyn913
Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
What does everyone order when they go?

I felt bad for the woman in front of me. She was literally about twice my size and everything they were giving her, she would say "A little more" The meals they provide are easily enough for two servings, or in this case three.

I used their website to calculate what my bowl was. I am on a moderate carb diet, so I got 1/2 black beans, 1/2 pinto beans, 1/2 chicken, 1/2 steak, cheese and a tad of sour cream and hot sauce.

530 Calories
21.5g fat (10.5 sat fat)
905g sodium
28g carbs
16g fiber
4g sugar
49g protein

But it got me wondering... what does everyone else get? Can you eat it all in one sitting?

Replies

• Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What does everyone order when they go? The woman in front of me was literally about twice my size and everything they were giving her, she would say "A little more" The meals they provide are easily enough for two servings, or in this case three!

I used their website to calculate what my bowl was. I am on a moderate carb diet, so I got 1/2 black beans, 1/2 pinto beans, 1/2 chicken, 1/2 steak, cheese and a tad of sour cream and hot sauce.

530 Calories
    21.5g fat/10.5 sat fat
    905g sodium
    28g carbs
    16g fiber
    4g sugar
    49g protein

What do you all get?? =)

Why is it relevant what the lady in front of you got? Seems like you just wanted to be able to write a post bashing the fat lady that asked for extra in her bowl, and couldn't figure out a polite way to do it (cause it's rude) so you figured you'd ask what people order and throw that in.

But, if you really care, I get black beans (no rice), fajita veggies, hot salsa, and a small amount of cheese and sour cream when I go (which is maybe once per month).
  • cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    Options
    Why is it relevant what the lady in front of you got? Seems like you just wanted to be able to write a post bashing the fat lady that asked for extra in her bowl, and couldn't figure out a polite way to do it (cause it's rude) so you figured you'd ask what people order and throw that in.

But, if you really care, I get black beans (no rice), fajita veggies, hot salsa, and a small amount of cheese and sour cream when I go (which is maybe once per month).

On the same token, you posted just to bash her post, so you guys are even-steven.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I have never been, but yours has more fat than I can have all day! I think there is no way to stay low fat and go out to eat. :( Boo
  • Sharyn913
    Options

WOW... No. I didn't sit in the line thinking "OMG I can't wait to get back to my computer and bash her on MFP" but when is "enough enough?" Like when you want to help, but it's clearly not your place. I think we take our portion sizes way out of control.
  • Sharyn913
    Options
    I have never been, but yours has more fat than I can have all day! I think there is no way to stay low fat and go out to eat. :( Boo

You eat less than 21g of fat all day? Do you stay full all day? Please share your secrets!!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    when is "enough enough?" Like when you want to help, but it's clearly not your place. I think we take our portion sizes way out of control.
    [/quote]

We (most of us) live in America and portion control has been out of control for a very long time. Some people don't care, it is what it is...
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat at Chipotle for lunch, since it is right next to my building at work, and I often get lazy about packing a lunch.

I get the salad with chicken, black beans, fajita veggies, mild salsa, and cheese. No dressing. 460 calories, 17g fat, 50g protein. Heavenly and super filling. Unfortunately, the sodium level is high, but it is what it is.
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    (burrito bowl) i get veggies, extra meat, no beans, no rice.. sour cream and guacamole and red chili sauce.

other than that, it varies - but i can eat it in one sitting because i cut out rice/beans
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i get a burrito bowl.

brown rice, blackbeans, carnitas (even though they're awful for you this is something i'm not willing to compromise), light cheese, and lettuce. mmmm mmm! i think its around 560
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    BARBACOA, BROWN RICE.
    350 CALORIES. I eat half.
    WINNER
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thank God I don't have a Chipotle within driving distance!! This place almost single-handedly added 20 pounds!

I ALWAYS ALWAYS order a steak burrito with rice, pinto beans, mild salsa, extra cheese and sour cream. In the beginning, I could only take half of that. Eventually, I evolved/expanded to be able to eat the entire massive thing plus chips and a large drink!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I get the vegetarian burrito...

Brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, pico, and a ton of hot sauce.

The burrito runs me about 1000 calories, but I eat it in one sitting and usually don't eat much for the rest of the day.

...I would eat it every day, but I don't like forking out 7 bucks for a burrito.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i eat it almost daily. i admit, i'm an addict. but it's organic and healthy and yummy and yes... one bowl often = 2 meals for me.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    How do you know she wasn't getting extra so she could eat the other half for dinner? That's what I do.

Double chicken all the way across the sky ~
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I haven't had chipotle in like forever :cry: but I can say I used to be one of those who asked for extra of this and extra of that...
  • Sharyn913
    Options
    I regularly eat at Chipotle for lunch, since it is right next to my building at work, and I often get lazy about packing a lunch.

I get the salad with chicken, black beans, fajita veggies, mild salsa, and cheese. No dressing. 460 calories, 17g fat, 50g protein. Heavenly and super filling. Unfortunately, the sodium level is high, but it is what it is.

Same here! It's two blocks away, and cheap. It's hard to pack lunches with my schedule. But with the sodium, I drink a ton more water and am more conscious of my other two meals in regards to sodium!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Is this kind of like a Moes?

At Moes I like the Jr burrito with black beans, steak, fajita veggies, pico, and lettuce. Yummy, and keeps me full forever!!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I always get the same thing. Burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, fajita peppers and onions, mild salsa, corn, lettuce, and guacamole. It's like 500 calories or something from when I looked it up once. And I usually ask for less rice.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    White rice, chicken, mix of mild and medium salsa, and lettuce. It's around 470 cals. I eat the whole thing. It generally takes like a hour to do so lol but I'm pretty much done eating for the day after that.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago worked with a very large person. Constantly eating little pre packaged snack cakes, totinos pizza's cold, 1000 Calorie McDonalds meals, cokes, etc. I did feel bad for him, and no I am not bashing. This web site is a great eye opener to serving sizes, portion control, etc. My progress started with a good bathroom, and kitchen scales.