Chipotle!~!

Options

Replies

• darnnells
    darnnells Posts: 37
    Options
    I get the burrito bowl with either chicken or steak or half/half, rice, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce and cheese. I then proceed to eat only half of it and save the rest for the next days breakfast or lunch. Hopefully that helps me out in some small way. I feel less guilty. I wish MFP would allow you to modify the portion sizes if you only indulge in half.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle and was ecstatic to find out that I could eat there within my calorie limit (not every day but sometimes). And realistically I would have to say that there are many many many of us that are working our butts off to get healthy and we do look at what others are eating and there is a head shake every now and then because you know what they are doing to their body, their joints, and possibly eating their way into health problems. I've become way more aware of not only what I'm eating but those around me and I'm not afraid to admit that!!!

I LOVE the burrito bowl with Barbacoa, rice black beans, the green salsa, lettuce and guacamole (I will leave off sour cream AND cheese just to have their guacamole!!!). I eat it in one sitting. Mine comes to:

Calories 630
    Fat 25
    Sat. Fat 5.5
    Trans fat 0
    Cholesterol 60
    Sodium 1380
    Carbs 68
    Fiber 19
    Sugar 5
    Protein 36.5
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Why is it relevant what the lady in front of you got? Seems like you just wanted to be able to write a post bashing the fat lady that asked for extra in her bowl, and couldn't figure out a polite way to do it (cause it's rude) so you figured you'd ask what people order and throw that in.

But, if you really care, I get black beans (no rice), fajita veggies, hot salsa, and a small amount of cheese and sour cream when I go (which is maybe once per month).

WOW... No. I didn't sit in the line thinking "OMG I can't wait to get back to my computer and bash her on MFP" but when is "enough enough?" Like when you want to help, but it's clearly not your place. I think we take our portion sizes way out of control.

Yeah I know what you mean. I know you didn't mean it that way. IT's very hard (even with family) to say anything to someone who is eating a large portion of anything. I think when you make a conscious decision to be healthier you notice more how UN healthy everyone else eats (friends, family, strangers) and you do want to "help" but it really isn't our place. My fiance and I fight over this same thing! lol . . . it's crazy. But I know when the shoe was on the other foot and I didn't really notice (or care) I would be very offended if someone brought it to my attention how much I was eating. lol But I knew and the lady at Chipotle knew but people will do what they want. They have that choice.

Oh and to answer the question. I get a chicken salad with romaine, chicken, cheese, light sour cream and get rice and pinto beans on the side. I eat a little bit of the beans and usually eat the rice the next day mixed with eggs with turkey bacon. yum! Now I want chipotle! Oh only thing is that salad dressing is high in calories, carbs, and sugar. I just use my own salad dressing at home.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I get the burrito bowl with either chicken or steak or half/half, rice, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce and cheese. I then proceed to eat only half of it and save the rest for the next days breakfast or lunch. Hopefully that helps me out in some small way. I feel less guilty. I wish MFP would allow you to modify the portion sizes if you only indulge in half.

You can.....instead of 1 put in 0.5 for serving.
  • GC_Hutson
    GC_Hutson Posts: 83
    Options
    When I go to Chipotle, I typically get the steak burrito. Then gas. And then, apocalyptic doo-doos.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    What does everyone order when they go?

I felt bad for the woman in front of me. She was literally about twice my size and everything they were giving her, she would say "A little more" The meals they provide are easily enough for two servings, or in this case three.

I used their website to calculate what my bowl was. I am on a moderate carb diet, so I got 1/2 black beans, 1/2 pinto beans, 1/2 chicken, 1/2 steak, cheese and a tad of sour cream and hot sauce.

530 Calories
    21.5g fat (10.5 sat fat)
    905g sodium
    28g carbs
    16g fiber
    4g sugar
    49g protein

But it got me wondering... what does everyone else get? Can you eat it all in one sitting?

Thanks for posting, I am headed there right now to meet the boyfriend for lunch. I am going to order:

black beans
    dark meat chicken
    lots of pico
    extra jalep
    cilantro
    hot sauce
    1/2 cheese portion
    diet coke (bad)
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Why is it relevant what the lady in front of you got? Seems like you just wanted to be able to write a post bashing the fat lady that asked for extra in her bowl, and couldn't figure out a polite way to do it (cause it's rude) so you figured you'd ask what people order and throw that in.

But, if you really care, I get black beans (no rice), fajita veggies, hot salsa, and a small amount of cheese and sour cream when I go (which is maybe once per month).

WOW... No. I didn't sit in the line thinking "OMG I can't wait to get back to my computer and bash her on MFP" but when is "enough enough?" Like when you want to help, but it's clearly not your place. I think we take our portion sizes way out of control.

Yeah I know what you mean. I know you didn't mean it that way. IT's very hard (even with family) to say anything to someone who is eating a large portion of anything. I think when you make a conscious decision to be healthier you notice more how UN healthy everyone else eats (friends, family, strangers) and you do want to "help" but it really isn't our place. My fiance and I fight over this same thing! lol . . . it's crazy. But I know when the shoe was on the other foot and I didn't really notice (or care) I would be very offended if someone brought it to my attention how much I was eating. lol But I knew and the lady at Chipotle knew but people will do what they want. They have that choice.

I feel that way with my husband. His day is very busy at work and he would often eat fast food literally every day. I know there is a fine line of when a wife suggests something versus nags, so instead of suggesting anything different at fast foods or even bring it up, I invited him to come to the super market with me. I told him to pick out anything he wanted for lunch foods, and I would wake up earlier each morning and pack him a lunch. It's worked all week! He traded in his four mcdoubles and a large sweet tea for a ham/turkey/cheese sandwich, banana, bag of carrots with ranch, and assorted nuts! For the win!! <3
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I ask for double meat and double corn and mild salsa. I get whatever meat strikes my fancy that day, rice, black beans, fajita veggies, cheese, and a side of guac. I must look like a pig when I order but I only eat half or less than half of it. My 6year old shares it with me. It's our favorite!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Love Chipolte! I get the steak burrito bowl with lettuce, black bean, rice, medium salsa, corn salsa, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole. About 800 calories but it's two meals for me. I eat there every couple months.
  • Sharyn913
    Options
    When I go to Chipotle, I typically get the steak burrito. Then gas. And then, apocalyptic doo-doos.

GC, you made my day!
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The hell is Chipotle?

And what is the point of everyone bashing each other on something stupid? Was it really necessary? Did you have to go and be a *****?
    No.
  • Skyyy12
    Skyyy12 Posts: 24
    Options
    I get the burrito bowl as well. Black beans, brown rice, lettuce, corn & tomatoes & a little cheese! & you're right, the bowl is LARGE enough for 2 servings, so when i do go, i usually eat half for lunch & the other half for dinner! Yummy!!! :D
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    I get a salad usually with double meat. If i'm getting chicken or steak, its double all the other types of meat I get a single order.
    Fajita Veggies
    Tomato Salsa
    Tomatillo-Green Chili Salsa
    Guacamole

For a double chicken salad

Calories 595
    Fat 26.5
    Protein 70
    Carbohydrates 23
  • Skyyy12
    Skyyy12 Posts: 24
    Options
    I get the burrito bowl as well. Black beans, brown rice, lettuce, corn & tomatoes & a little cheese! & you're right, the bowl is LARGE enough for 2 servings, so when i do go, i usually eat half for lunch & the other half for dinner! Yummy!!! :D

OH & CHICKEN TOO! GOTTA HAVE PROTEIN! :)
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajita bowl with blackbeans, corn salsa and pico de gallo 540 cal 13gms fat, I also like their salads and chicken tacos
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Yeah I know what you mean. I know you didn't mean it that way. IT's very hard (even with family) to say anything to someone who is eating a large portion of anything.

Hmm maybe it's hard because YOU SHOULD NEVER TELL AN ADULT HOW MUCH THEY SHOULD BE EATING. :indifferent:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I have never been, but yours has more fat than I can have all day! I think there is no way to stay low fat and go out to eat. :( Boo

You eat less than 21g of fat all day? Do you stay full all day? Please share your secrets!!

No I dont eat less than 21g I am suppose to eat 33g, but I do go a little over on a good day. If I eat out I blow the whole day.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I get the burrito with chicken, brown rice, lettuce, mild salsa but only eat half of it :) The entire thing is like 625 cals, so half is just right!
  • Sharyn913
    Options

Yeah I know what you mean. I know you didn't mean it that way. IT's very hard (even with family) to say anything to someone who is eating a large portion of anything.

Hmm maybe it's hard because YOU SHOULD NEVER TELL AN ADULT HOW MUCH THEY SHOULD BE EATING. :indifferent:

.... Never tell that to a dietitian! Or personal trainer....

Sometimes, it is necessary.
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm usually the one with chicken, fajita veg, black beans, guac, and salsa burrito. This is what happens after: http://www.collegehumor.com/article/6697988/the-7-stages-of-eating-a-burrito