Peanut butter and....???

Options
Ok, so I love peanut butter...A LOT. I'm just having trouble figuring out healthy options to pair it with. I can't do bread because my tummy doesn't like bread and is mean to me when I eat it lol. There's probably some completely obvious things to put peanut butter on but I'm having a complete brain fart so please, help me!!! :D

Replies

• samikeen
    samikeen Posts: 1
    Options
    bananas!!
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    Bananas! I'm obsessed
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Strawberries
    Banana
    Celery
    Wheat toast
    Crackers
    Or put it in a smoothie
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Celery, popcorn (trust me, it's awesome - just melt the PB a bit in the microwave and dip the popcorn in it), pretzels.
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    try natural peanut butter with baby carrots. Really. I love 'em!
  • caraguard
    caraguard Posts: 41
    Options
    Celery!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes? A spoon? It's good in some some cooking sauces for stir fry.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I put that *kitten* on everything!

hehe I love it in my oatmeal with bananas and raisins.
  • vtachycardia
    vtachycardia Posts: 374
    Options
    I put peanut butter in my porridge along with sultanas and wheat bran and sometimes pumpkin seeds.
  • monicalord
    monicalord Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Baby Carrots. Soup. Stir fry.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    carmel rice cakes with apples
  • mallinds
    mallinds Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and apples.. Also if you need to save some cals I use PB2 and apples.
  • vtachycardia
    vtachycardia Posts: 374
    Options
    Rice cakes? A spoon? It's good in some some cooking sauces for stir fry.

Forgot about that, I use peanut butter to thicken things like curry and soups or liquidize peanut butter with veg and (insert legume/bean) soup

If you are allowed bread, I like peanut butter with Marmite (not vegemite) and if you are from outside the UK or Australia/ New Zealand, I don't know what your yeast extract equivalent is.

And Marmite I also use to flavour soups and curry and stews.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Pb on a rice cake topped with bananas
    Melt it on a protein pancake
    Apples, Bananas
    Protein Shakes
    Carrots
    Celery
    Cottage cheese (don't judge me lol it's really not bad...okay you can judge me a little)
    Oatmeal/hot cereal

One of my favorite meals when I ate bread was to grill a pita pocket stuffed with PB, Bananas, and fruit preserves...dear god

You should look into PB2. It's a powdered peanut butter that only has about 60 cal a serving (I think). It's not really the same when you prepare it like PB but I found a lot of other things you can do with it. Just sprinkle it on bananas as is for a really yummy snack. It also blends into oatmeal & shakes really well and even some asian dishes.

It's worth trying if you haven't already!
  • sshook990
    sshook990 Posts: 284
    Options
    i love peanut butter too i get low fat whole wheat graham crackers and sandwich halfs together however you can spike your calories really fast doing that because of the calories a typical caloric count for 2tbsp of pb is 190cals but have you ever tried almond butter they have it at sams for about $5.00 for a 42 or 64 oz jar its pretty tasty and has fewer calories than pb.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    in a homemade banana protein smoothie! Yum!
  • FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and celery and peanut butter and APPLES are my favorites.

Also, almond butter is great, as it is lower calorie and tastes absolutely fabulous.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love it on a sandwich with honey!!!

But otherwise it's awesome with bananas and apples, and in smoothies (with bananas)! As many have replied so far!

Maybe try gluten-free bread as an alternative if your stomach is sensitive??
  • Thor2020
    Thor2020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    In a bowl mix 3 tablespoons of natural pb, 1/2 cup of dry oats, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
    Drink milk with it.

PB and apples
    PB, with milk chaser so to speak

my .02
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Apples and dates crammed into my mouth with peanut butter...mmm