Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Peanut butter and....???

Ok, so I love peanut butter...A LOT. I'm just having trouble figuring out healthy options to pair it with. I can't do bread because my tummy doesn't like bread and is mean to me when I eat it lol. There's probably some completely obvious things to put peanut butter on but I'm having a complete brain fart so please, help me!!! :D

Replies

• samikeen
    samikeen Posts: 1
    bananas!!
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Bananas! I'm obsessed
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Strawberries
    Banana
    Celery
    Wheat toast
    Crackers
    Or put it in a smoothie
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Celery, popcorn (trust me, it's awesome - just melt the PB a bit in the microwave and dip the popcorn in it), pretzels.
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    try natural peanut butter with baby carrots. Really. I love 'em!
  • caraguard
    caraguard Posts: 41
    Celery!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Rice cakes? A spoon? It's good in some some cooking sauces for stir fry.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    I put that *kitten* on everything!

hehe I love it in my oatmeal with bananas and raisins.
  • vtachycardia
    vtachycardia Posts: 374
    I put peanut butter in my porridge along with sultanas and wheat bran and sometimes pumpkin seeds.
  • monicalord
    monicalord Posts: 26 Member
    Baby Carrots. Soup. Stir fry.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    carmel rice cakes with apples
  • mallinds
    mallinds Posts: 26 Member
    I love peanut butter and apples.. Also if you need to save some cals I use PB2 and apples.
  • vtachycardia
    vtachycardia Posts: 374
    Rice cakes? A spoon? It's good in some some cooking sauces for stir fry.

Forgot about that, I use peanut butter to thicken things like curry and soups or liquidize peanut butter with veg and (insert legume/bean) soup

If you are allowed bread, I like peanut butter with Marmite (not vegemite) and if you are from outside the UK or Australia/ New Zealand, I don't know what your yeast extract equivalent is.

And Marmite I also use to flavour soups and curry and stews.
  • Pb on a rice cake topped with bananas
    Melt it on a protein pancake
    Apples, Bananas
    Protein Shakes
    Carrots
    Celery
    Cottage cheese (don't judge me lol it's really not bad...okay you can judge me a little)
    Oatmeal/hot cereal

One of my favorite meals when I ate bread was to grill a pita pocket stuffed with PB, Bananas, and fruit preserves...dear god

You should look into PB2. It's a powdered peanut butter that only has about 60 cal a serving (I think). It's not really the same when you prepare it like PB but I found a lot of other things you can do with it. Just sprinkle it on bananas as is for a really yummy snack. It also blends into oatmeal & shakes really well and even some asian dishes.

It's worth trying if you haven't already!
  • sshook990
    sshook990 Posts: 284
    i love peanut butter too i get low fat whole wheat graham crackers and sandwich halfs together however you can spike your calories really fast doing that because of the calories a typical caloric count for 2tbsp of pb is 190cals but have you ever tried almond butter they have it at sams for about $5.00 for a 42 or 64 oz jar its pretty tasty and has fewer calories than pb.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    in a homemade banana protein smoothie! Yum!
  • FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    Peanut butter and celery and peanut butter and APPLES are my favorites.

Also, almond butter is great, as it is lower calorie and tastes absolutely fabulous.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    I love it on a sandwich with honey!!!

But otherwise it's awesome with bananas and apples, and in smoothies (with bananas)! As many have replied so far!

Maybe try gluten-free bread as an alternative if your stomach is sensitive??
  • Thor2020
    Thor2020 Posts: 41 Member
    In a bowl mix 3 tablespoons of natural pb, 1/2 cup of dry oats, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
    Drink milk with it.

PB and apples
    PB, with milk chaser so to speak

my .02
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Apples and dates crammed into my mouth with peanut butter...mmm