August Walking Challenge

Options
CricketKate
CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but its nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time, the more the merrier, lets keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise everyday, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. treadmills and ellipticals are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge, we'll start tracking August 1st.

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a lot of walking in over the next week, but I will be out of town and probably won't be posting.
  • cookadook
    cookadook Posts: 41
    Options
    im in!!
  • Jessica_909
    Options
    I'm in. :)
  • kjjunior
    kjjunior Posts: 14
    Options
    I walk everyday, twice with my dogs at morning and night. And then for 30 minutes up to and hr and a half on the treadmill. If you put the treadmill at in incline you can burn many calories and get a great workout without getting overly tired.
  • MonarchButterfly68
    MonarchButterfly68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in too~ love walking outdoors, especially later at night when it is cooler and the moon is shining........good for the body as well as the psyche!
  • Melissa82434
    Melissa82434 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in for SURE!!! Always up for a good challenge, keeps you motivated too!!!!!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am SO in!
  • herbalkitty
    herbalkitty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I walk quite a bit as it the best exercise I can get where I live and its free, I also go on a treadmill and x-trainer at least twice a week so I'm in
  • mz2mutch
    mz2mutch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • allishax9918
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Tammy518
    Tammy518 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Walking is the one way I know for sure I can begin to exercise again. After so many years of no exercise, its hard to get that beginning motivation but once you get started, it's all good. I am heading to the walking park now with the kids. Win/Win situation, they play and I exercise.
  • Mike_Chase
    Options
    Sounds like a plan ! I am new to this. Is there a goal in the challenge ? Or more of a chat topic ?
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to figure out a way to do this, I'm in.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    A Walking Challlenge for August sounds good for me! (It's gonna be a CRAZY month, walking might be one of the only things I can get in for sure!)
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm in to...I have been walking 3-3.5 mi a day but would love to increase.
  • gamblerpl1
    gamblerpl1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I'm going to start the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs.. Would I count the minutes, or would I count what she says the walk is equilivant to?
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • tiffyj1
    tiffyj1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!