Working Out and Gaining Weight?!?

Options
1235»

Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    I am so frustrated right now. I have been on my fitness pal for about 2 weeks now and I recently started exercising and have been gaining weight! I only lost a 1.2 lbs the first week and got down to 138.8 but after working out for about a week I am up to 142.2 ... that's 3.4lbs. I thought with adding in working out I would actually start dropping weight but it's the opposite.It makes me want to quit working out. I have been eating the same and not going over my calories, been drinking tons of water, and been doing the Jillian Michael's Videos and some other workouts as well. What am I doing wrong? Has this happened to anyone else? I want to lose about 20lbs and I feel like that's not happening. I am pretty short at 5"3 and I am petite my clothes aren't fitting better and I feel heavier. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have not read all of the replies......

First OP calm down, I can gain 4lbs (on scale) throughout the day. It is a normal weight fluctuation due to water weight, digestion ect. When you start a new exercise program, your muscles will retain water to help with repairs....you did NOT gain muscle. Gaining muscle is hard for a guy lifting and eating a surplus, it is damn near impossible for a female eating at a calorie deficient and definitely not in a week?

Here are the basics.....

*Log EVERYTHING

*Weigh Solids

*Measure liquids

*Exercise for fitness
    (weight lifting is my recommendation)

*Be Honest with Yourself

*Measure yourself, take silly pictures and then enjoy your progress.

And............

*****MOST IMPORTANTLY******

READ THIS

======================================================================================================
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    ======================================================================================================

THEN READ IT AGAIN........ :drinker:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

*will come back and read, mostly repeated already sound advice.