Your silly gym behavior

Options

Replies

• SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh totally. I get lost in my music and get down. Im almost always drumming on the handles too.

Same here..also a handle drummer. :)
  • dxwatson2
    dxwatson2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I stare at a random point on the floor or wall in between sets...like totally lost in thought or something. People give me **** for it regularly.

I also do this, but sometimes I realize that point has become inhabited by another person or is the reflection of another person. It probably creeps people out!
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    I do that as well. LOL. Glad I am not the only one. I get some funny looks. I can't help it!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I do this really weird *kitten* shake kind of thing when I am getting under the bar to squat. I dance, sing &have fun!

Lol I was sure I was the only one
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I do squats in daisy dukes while wearing a bandana in a stupid way.
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I stare at a random point on the floor or wall in between sets...like totally lost in thought or something. People give me **** for it regularly.

I also do this, but sometimes I realize that point has become inhabited by another person or is the reflection of another person. It probably creeps people out!

I'm also this person. I also have kind of an angry expression when I lift so...yeah
  • SSGirlLV
    SSGirlLV Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I start to sing out loud and shake my booty when on the treadmill.. Sometimes I forget I'm in the middle of a crowded gym. LOL!!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Lip synching when I'm doing cardio, definitely. Haha.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I wipe down my machines when i'm done with them!!! :mad:
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

Wow how bizarre, I almost never see that occur!

But seriously... :explode:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    You are all adorable.
    Ive been to known to air drum.
    I get myself psyched up for my next set my wiggling my arms and rolling my neck around.
    I stare at people and if they are cute imagine biting them.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Wow how bizarre, I almost never see that occur!

But seriously... :explode:

Today this guy literally had drips of sweat all over the bench and just left it there. I wont use that bench ever again. Thanks buddy.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    My plates must match...If I have a flat 10 lb. plate on one side I absolutely can not have the other side be a 10 lb-er that has the little holes in it.

most definitely. and they must face the same way
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I honestly dont give a crap what people think of me at the gym. I'll watch The Big Bang Theory or some other show on the TV and litterally laugh out loud... get odd looks they look up and start laughin too so its all good. Or I'll sing along wtih my tunes and head bang while .. I figure its just an added neck workout lol. Screw it I'm there for me, you dont like my actions theres the door.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Oh totally. I get lost in my music and get down. Im almost always drumming on the handles too.

me too, I'm always drumming away and mouthing along to the words. I sing out loud in the weights room as its usually vacant
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    My plates must match...If I have a flat 10 lb. plate on one side I absolutely can not have the other side be a 10 lb-er that has the little holes in it.

most definitely. and they must face the same way

I'm OCD like this as well. Even before I start to lift I even out the loads on the racks, just so its uniformed for when I increase decrease on the fly. If its off it screws me all kinds of up.
  • palmkath
    palmkath Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but I jog outside on a busy main street. Cars are one right after another for my entire jog. And sometimes I'll realize that I'm jogging and smiling really big (looking like an idiot) because the song I'm listening to makes me feel totally empowered! haha. Oh to be able to watch myself sometimes! :)
    This, when I was in high school cross country the team motto changed to "Run Happy" after the second or third photo of me was printed in the local newspaper, smiling like a fool.

Also, I have been so into my music at the gym that one time I walked up to a treadmill and went to get on it not realizing the last person did not turn it to "stop". It was going at about 3.5 mph. I face planted it on the treadmill and then flailed about while trying to get away from the belt. Talk about embarrassing.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I lip sing during cardio....especially intense intervals and when I am doing this I get REALLY into the songs. If it is an angry song, I have this hugely pissed off look and if it is a sad song, I look like I'm about to cry.

Shake it Out by Florence + the Machine was getting me going yesterday.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If I set a PR...I go out to my car and put on a fresh pair of shoes to reward my efforts.
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Definitely talk to myself...