What do you think about when you are exercising??!!

Options
I think about what my body will look like after working out!!

Replies

• bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    All kinds of things. Mostly how to keep going. One foot in front of the other thoughts, think about my form, then when I'm feeling good, I think of what to make for dinner, all the things I forgot I needed to do and plan to do it when I get home. Stuff like that. That's usually running though. If I'm swimming I'm very focused on breathing and keeping form. Mountain biking my eyes and mind are trained on the terrain.
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breathing. Gotta keep breathing.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Depends what is bugging me that day!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Everything. It's when I'm alone with my thoughts and can collect and organize things.
  • MicheleTh
    MicheleTh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Breathing and when can I get in the shower. :smile:
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I can do this. I can finish this. I will finish this.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Now I feel kind of shallow... I normally think about getting laid.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    sucking in my gut. always trying to remember to keep a good posture and suck it in!!!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Earlier, while I was running, I was thinking about how it's weird that I don't really think about anything while I'm running even though it's probably my best chance on most days to be "alone with my thoughts."
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I starte at myself in the mirror across the gym and go into a trans while listening to my music. I try not to think of anything.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Now I feel kind of shallow... I normally think about getting laid.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Mostly cake and ice cream.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Is this over yet!
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one, I don't think about anything I just listen to my metal jams on my I pod. my co worker said how do you exercise to that? I said when disturbed or jackyl or one of my favorite songs are on that is when I do my best.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercise! Kickboxing is my favorite because I don't think about anything but the moves. (Same with trainer and boot camp.) So nice to NOT think. Running, I think about how awesome it will be when I am DONE. When I do DVDs that are lower impact or walk, I think and plan and hash out all sorts of life stuff. My creative juices flow more. But, with every single type, I can't wait to get to my phone or a computer and log the burn!!!!
  • missypoo1974
    Options
    When I'm swimming, I focus on how many laps I have done...that somehow helps me keep going. When I walk or jog, I count my steps. I know it's weird, but it helps me not focus on my legs burning.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have two modes of thinking during exercise:

1 - I can do this! I will do this! Push yourself!

OR

2 - I make myself completely empty my brain and think of NOTHING. It's great stress relief.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I think a lot about my posture since I have a weak lower back. Especially when I'm on the treadmill, I'm constantly checking the my back is straight and my core is engaged, while I also make sure I'm breathing at a good rhythm for the pace. If I'm just walking, I do these things while also watching TV, but if I'm running, I need to concentrate more on the activity. Always, always, I'm watching the time and bargaining with myself to keep on going. :tongue:

I've been doing the 30 Day Shred now for almost 3 weeks and I'm usually thinking about my form, how I wish I could do the more advanced version (but I will eventually) and sometimes that I'm going to die!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    It depends. If I don't have my earplugs in listening to music I pretty much zone out as I count reps and whatnot. With music I zone out but I'm in my head, visualizing the music in a music video sort of way or if the song's particularly energetic, I like to think how much more gusto it's given me.
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    Lmao, that's totally what I do.