What do you think about when you are exercising??!!

Options

Replies

• cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I think about keeping my core tight (thanks Shawn T), breathing and the music I'm listening to which is usually fast beat or heavy metal. I try not to think to deeply so I can focus. I've had to train myself to breath when I exercise.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    honestly i think about the people on MFP who support me and want to see me succeed .. then i cant wait to tell them about the burn so i usually post from my phone at the gym lol

when it gets tough i think “fight back” thats something one of the people on here said to me once and it was really helpful!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    WHEN WILL IT END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its funny that I think this and I do it every day - 7 days a week. ;))))) The best days are the weekends when I can get outside - these are the best days. :happy:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Mostly "I want to stop. Can't stop, that's giving in. God I want to stop. Come on, get over it, just keep going, one foot in front of the other. How far have I gone? Am I half way yet? That signpost is lying. Not much further. Oh ok, I'll do another 2k."
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Is this over yet!

Me too!:explode:
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think: "You can do anything for X number of seconds left."

I used to think of my wedding dress ahead of me on the treadmill.

Or, I think about my upcoming honeymoon and either think "Bikini, bikini, bikini" or "Jamaica, Jamaica, Jamaica," haha. <3
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    MY THOUGHTS AT THE GYM:

-act like you know what you're doing on this machine
    -hey he's cute. is he thinking the same? that would be cool. maybe he's thinking she needs to keep her *kitten* on that bike
    -its hot..im sweating. i hope my shirt isnt wet. O CRAP!! i hope there's not sweat marks on my shorts!!
    -this chick beside me is doing pretty good. Must. Run. Harder.
    -i REALLY hope i dont see anyone i know here cuz damn i stank like sweat
    -ok ok so i gotta walk past 5 men to get to the rest rooms. be cool, be cool *look over* ugh old man dont look at me
    -i want to stop, should i stop, no i shouldnt. 10 more minutes, no 5. damn it im done
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    Is this over yet!

Me too!:explode:

me 3 lol
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I always put on I Love Lucy at the gym and wonder why people don't dress like that anymore. :) I adore the 1950s.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok TMI but....

Omg!! Sex, sex and more sex!! When I was on the elliptical on Friday I was zooming along but my inner *self* was really doing her sexiest pole dancing while my husband watched me from behind a one way mirror so I couldn't see him. It was super hot! There i was on the elliptical all gross and sweaty, iPod on with the biggest *kitten* eating grin on my face. I problably looked like I was mental! BUT this is a normal thought for me! Exercise (cardio) brings on major addreniline and that brings on yummy senarios in my own brain. I can't believe this doesn't happen to other people!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    i think about being the best I can be!
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Depends. I daydream a lot when I'm on the treadmill though; so sometimes I'll imagine elaborate fairy tales or adventures where I get to be the heroine. If I'm really into it, I might even forget myself and brandish a "weapon" and then jump out of my skin with embarrassment when my husband opens the door to see me waving my arms so strangely.

I guess my inner 5 year old takes over and plays make believe to distract me. :P
  • kimstaaa
    kimstaaa Posts: 24
    Options
    My thoughts vary throughout my workout. It goes something like this:

Beginning of the workout: "I hate this. I hate this, I effing hate this. I hate this so much, eff this. I hate this."

Once I break a sweat: "KILL OFF ALL THE FATNESS!!! JIGGLY BE GONE!"

Towards the end: "Olympic athletes got nothin on me!"

End of workout: "hell yeah that was awesome." *highfive myself*
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When I exercise (weight lifting machines), I focus on perfecting my form, on my speed (not too fast, not too slow), on how my body is responding to that particular weight, and most of all on my breathing. It's almost zen-like. LOL

I'm too busy with all this to think about the things the rest of you think about! (grin)
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Wow. I'm really boring. I usually try to concentrate on form and what I'm doing. I hate it when my mind drifts off.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I try not to think! It's my escape. I read when walking on the treadmill or watch a movie on my iPad. I listen to music and sing along (or try too) when I do HIITs on the treadmill. I listen to music -loud - doing everything else and I sing!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Highest intensity cardio i do - Almost done. Almost done.

LISS - browse and respond to forums on my phone.

Lifting - throwing weights through the f***ing ceiling.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Today it was "See that shadow? Wouldn't you look even better without that mommy tummy pouch? Workitoffworkitoffworkitoff go go go go go go go go oh... a bird!"

:ohwell:

I was literally yelling at myself today. I'm sure people outside at their houses were wondering about the obviously mentally unstable person riding a bike on the road....
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I think about a year from now hopefully a lot more fit
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    What the next move is, often I have to count out loud or yell instructions to myself. Turbo Fire requires a bit more coordination than I normally have.