Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do eat processed foods?

13»

Replies

• FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Never. Don't even need to use my microwave.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    My diary is a homage to processed foods.
    Yesterday, there is some reeses pieces, tater tots, onion rings, whey...
    today there will definitely be some pepsi, reeses and more tater tots.
    Note: they are miniature tater tots, so they are miniaturally processed
  • FuneralDiner
    By true definition, I think everybody eats processed foods. It's unavoidable unless you're a farmer or something, but I've avoided microwaveable food and pre-packaged meals for several years now. Unless you count stuff like pizza?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    By true definition, I think everybody eats processed foods. It's unavoidable unless you're a farmer or something, but I've avoided microwaveable food and pre-packaged meals for several years now. Unless you count stuff like pizza?

I microwave everything. Microwaved tater tots taste waaaaaaaaaaay better and crispier than baked. Try it!
    It also consumes less power, so you know, it's environmental.

The only thing I don't microwave is plastic. Otherwise the MW is my best friend. As science buff, I know that the microwave isn't "evil" and it isn't giving me cancer.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    I don't eat pre packaged meals but use odd items for convenience in cooking. I try my hardest to eat as clean as possible and avoid processed but it's hard as most things are processed in some way or another. :-\
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    I dont eat too many frozen dinners but honestly when working 12hr shifts its easier to throw a lean cuisine into my luch box then pack a full lunch esp on the 3rd or 4th day (I also drive and hour one way so its really like a 14+ hour day gone) Everything in moderation though
  • ashjdavis88
    ashjdavis88 Posts: 31 Member
    I try to eat clean, but it's more of the 80/20 rule. I usually had a little bit of Edy's ice cream as a midnight snack or some frozen yogurt. I don't make packaged meals or anything like that. I do eat vita top muffins for a high fiber snack or will eat some dark chocolate. Not sure if you consider that processed. I am guilty of cereal sometimes though! :)
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I eat some processed food, though much less than I used to. You don't have to be a 100%, all-or-nothing food nazi to live healthier than you started. :smile:
  • FuneralDiner

I microwave everything. Microwaved tater tots taste waaaaaaaaaaay better and crispier than baked. Try it!
    It also consumes less power, so you know, it's environmental.

The only thing I don't microwave is plastic. Otherwise the MW is my best friend. As science buff, I know that the microwave isn't "evil" and it isn't giving me cancer.
    I wouldn't suggest microwaving tin foil either...
  • Nerruse
    Nerruse Posts: 40 Member
    Four days a week I eat dinner at work so sometimes it's just unavoidable. That said, I do try to bring better options most of the time. I don't cook much so most of my meals are leftovers from my mom's house. If there aren't any and I don't have anything myself, well, it's either something microwaveable or nothing.