What's your best diet/fitness advice?

Options
12346»

Replies

• CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Don't drink your calories - unless it's protein shakes!
  • ppatricia81
    ppatricia81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My advice for both: It's hard, darn hard, extremely hard!

But it's also hard to go clothes shopping when nothing fits or looks good. It's hard to not be able to fly or ride roller coasters because you can't fit in the seat. It's hard to walk around and do everyday activities when your knees give out on you from carrying too much weight. It's hard to go to a social event when you know you're going to be the fattest person in the room.

So, everybody faces "hards" in their life. Choose yours.

I'm going to print this out as a reminder and motivation to keep trying to lose the weight. Thank u very much for posting this
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    #1 diet- a calorie is not a calorie
    #1 fitness- it's overrated
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    DIET: Consistency is more important than perfection
    FITNESS: Challenge yourself to do things outside your comfort zone, BUT also find something you are great at to build your confidence.

and also going to add one

BODY: Be realistic about your body-type and genetic potential. I think everyone can diet and exercise their way to increased muscles and decreased bodyfat, BUT you can't diet and exercise yourself to look like Giselle...
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    1) Be consistent.
    2) Kick *kitten* (work hard).
    3) Sweat, sweat, and sweat some more.
    4) Be patient.
    5) Scales aren't magical, measure yourself.
    6) Determination.
  • jasondcooper
    Options
    My #1 piece of diet advice is to stay true to recording your intake in a journal. It's not so much about getting an exact calorie count as it is accountability to ones self, and re-teaching yourself how to eat healthily.

My #1 piece of fitness advice: listen to your body. Steady wins the race when you're starting out, so don't fall into the trap of trying to do too much too soon. I'm still working on this one. :wink:
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    My advice for both: It's hard, darn hard, extremely hard!

But it's also hard to go clothes shopping when nothing fits or looks good. It's hard to not be able to fly or ride roller coasters because you can't fit in the seat. It's hard to walk around and do everyday activities when your knees give out on you from carrying too much weight. It's hard to go to a social event when you know you're going to be the fattest person in the room.

So, everybody faces "hards" in their life. Choose yours.

I'm going to print this out as a reminder and motivation to keep trying to lose the weight. Thank u very much for posting this
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    1. Find a way of eating and exercising that will keep you healthy for the rest of your life.
    2. Keep doing it for the rest of your life.

Easy to say, hard to do!!