help :-( done exactly as i done last week yet gained????

Options
13»

Replies

• desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    Speak with your doctor about the exercise .. any little bit would help. I am sure that he/she would have a suggestion of some little activity you could get in. All exercise is not out of the question (surely) My suggestion, speak with your doctor about this if you haven't already and see what their advice may be. There are different types of ways to get your heart rate up and get your exercise in. :smile: Good luck
    Well now I see you say you recently had surgery -dont know how long ago that was, but just know that never use medical issues as an excuse because there are different ways to get in exercise. (just seek medical advice first) And I am not being judgmental just want to let you know exercise comes in all forms if nothing but sitting there and using a hand bike and turning it
  • sunshine12870
    sunshine12870 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    uh, you know if you hit reply on a post, it doesn't really mean anything. if you want to reply to a post directly, hit "quote"
    Thank you, learning so much today :-)
    Feeling better than i was at 9am today
  • sunshine12870
    Options
    SODIUM LEVEL - now that ive changed my diary to include sodium, ive checked back over all my end of day results and not once i have i even reached my sodium level, let alone go over it, so think that rules that one out, thankfully.
    Just need to try and reach my 1300 calories a day, everyday, and drink more water.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    It's never going to be a perfect exact loss week after week. If you look at a chart of someone's long term weight loss, there are up weeks and down weeks, but the overall trend is down. Don't lose sight of the big picture.
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    SODIUM LEVEL - now that ive changed my diary to include sodium, ive checked back over all my end of day results and not once i have i even reached my sodium level, let alone go over it, so think that rules that one out, thankfully.
    Just need to try and reach my 1300 calories a day, everyday, and drink more water.

I saw that myself but look at those WW meals because I saw where it was logging those in as "1" for sodium .. I am wondering how accurate that is. One WW meal it logged it as 400. Usually prepackaged meals are high. That is what made me think your sodium level was high because of the prepackaged foods you was eating.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Try to get 60g of protein per day as a minimum. Don't hold the fats too low - try to eat some oily fish 2-3 times per week etc as there are fats your body can't make and fat soluble vitamins you need.

Our bodies don't tightly regulate water so fluctuations of a pound or two are perfectly normal. Your litre a day is probably adequate.

How tall are you ?

I get that you can't run around a lot, but can you do some upper body type exercises even if sat still or lying down. Even picking up a heavy book or similar multiple times.
  • JOHNSONBRIDGETTE
    Options
    my name is bridgette i fell the same way i stop drinking beer dont eat sweet eat lot of fruit and vegable:cry:
    age 54 do walking 20 min a day at working my belly is my problem::grumble: i have a machine to do sit-up
    taking so long to work
  • sunshine12870
    Options
    Try to get 60g of protein per day as a minimum. Don't hold the fats too low - try to eat some oily fish 2-3 times per week etc as there are fats your body can't make and fat soluble vitamins you need.

Our bodies don't tightly regulate water so fluctuations of a pound or two are perfectly normal. Your litre a day is probably adequate.

How tall are you ?

I get that you can't run around a lot, but can you do some upper body type exercises even if sat still or lying down. Even picking up a heavy book or similar multiple times.

Hi
    Im 5'4"
    I cant never have been able to eat fish, is there maybe a supplement i can take instead ?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I cant never have been able to eat fish, is there maybe a supplement i can take instead ?
    Yes, Omega-3 supplements are common, other sources are flaxseed (linseed), hemp oil, soya oil, canola (rapeseed) oil, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, leafy vegetables, and walnuts.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I understand that your saying im not eating enough, i was already told this a few weeks ago when i was eating just 800 calories a day, not for the reason to lose massive amount of weight fast, just that it was enough for me, so ive went up and im now eating approx 1100/1200, struggling to reach this every day.

Your macros are good OP, you are eating at a deficit therefore:

What sort of exercise do you do? (this is my follow-up question lol) :flowerforyou:
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience: After a "big" loss week, it is very common to maintain or even fluctuate up a pound the following week. What matters most is the AVERAGE. You will have weeks you lose big, you will have weeks you don't lose at all. Our bodies aren't following a perfect pattern here, but if you track your long-term losses, you'll see a nice average.