What is your secret diet food ?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• HunniBunniLisy
    HunniBunniLisy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have to agree on the shiritaki miracle noodles!! - so low in cals and sooooo filling!! Add some vegetables and protein (tuna, salmon, chicken, prawns are my faves!) and your favourite sauce! Love em! :-)
  • Iric1783
    Iric1783 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mine is Swede, only 26 calories per 100g and I love it

A great replacement for mash potato , a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Billy

890swede.jpg

I Love swede and Carrot mash..Much nice than mashed potato!!
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    a very cleansing face pack and in an emergency a draft excluder.

Lmao.
    Mmmm good idea to replace instead of mash - I love swede! I think you've convinced me to add it to my shopping list.

I've stopped buying mature cheese altogether not only is it expensive, I love it so much I'd find it hard to restrict it if it's here. So instead i've replace it with 'Laughing Cow Extra light' cheese - I don't know if it's actually a HEALTHY alternative, but all the numbers are a lot lower than mature cheese :) And I have about 1 a day with meals.
  • LoseFatGainMuscle
    Options
    raw nut mix of pecans, walnuts and sliced almonds
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You're not alone my friend - I LOVE swede....!!
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Have to agree on the shiritaki miracle noodles!! - so low in cals and sooooo filling!! Add some vegetables and protein (tuna, salmon, chicken, prawns are my faves!) and your favourite sauce! Love em! :-)

I just looked up these 'shiritaki miracle noodles' you speak of... I checked out the ingredients 'glucomannan fibre (Amorphophailus konjac), pH and shape stabiliser (calcium hydroxide, E526)'

That sounds weird to me - Is it all healthy or?
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    BACON.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^ YES!
    I love bacon almost as much as I love my husband. It doesn't have to make you fat though. I make BLTs for lunch pretty often and I manage to still lose weight. Love me some bacon!

AAAAAAND oatmeal is another "go to". I find myself fuller and more satisfied when I make a nice big bowl of old fashioned oats mixed with raisins, cinnamon and a tsp of brown sugar. :D
  • rosecando
    rosecando Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im from New-Zealand, we call the yellow ones swede and white turnips. I like yams too(, they look like a wee willy) dont know what theyre called in USA. Sweet Potatoes are called Kumara and yum roasted.
    I like Whey Protein Powder (vanilla), I put it in my breakfast bluberry smoothy,
  • janes21
    janes21 Posts: 2
    Options
    Cucumber Gazpacho with lots of fresh, raw vegetables and Fage (plain fat free Greek yogurt).
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am loving Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle ice cream bars. They are 100 calories and very satisfying.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, ginger and pickled ginger!