Do you track EVERYDAY?

Options
Or is there one day you are track free?

I typically do not track on Saturdays but continue to be mindful of what I am eating. The problem is we are usually at some type of function and i get so frustrated trying to figure the cals out.

What do you do?

Replies

• supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I track every day but weekends are hard because I go out a lot and often not to chain restaurants. This requires me to guesstimate the calories and I'm not confident with the numbers I come up with.

ETA: I find it very frustrating as well. I spend a lot of time trying to find similar items on MFP or online but it gets so confusing, especially when there is a huge range in the cals listed in items. I love salads and eat them frequently but with all the ingredients, it's nearly impossible to figure out the nutrition content.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I track every day. Everything I eat gets tracked.

In my weigh in's, I try to determine where the weight has gone. So, I need as accurate counts of my calories as I can get. I like to take note of muscle loss, fat loss, and water loss.

Due to several inaccuracies, such as portions, measuring by eye, BMR, TDEE, at the end of the week I calculate a range of each (Fat, Muscle, Water) in weight loss.

I am a big fan of numbers...
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Every day but rarely eat somewhere I can't get the nutrition information, when I can't I estimate.
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I track every day and also use the mobile app when I am not home. The app is easy to use!!
  • jayele72
    jayele72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Every day!
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I track every single day because I know they day I don't track will get me into trouble.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I try to track as much as possible. Some days I get lazy and don't. But, I stay mindful of the food I eat every day.
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Track everyday.

Weigh in everyday.

No cheat meals.

No cheat days.
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yeah, every day, every meal; I really have to. Luckily my ipod touch makes it easy. I've started this program over a month ago and they say that if you do something 21 times or something, it becomes a habit.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I should. Lazy me. *tells self to get own butt into gear*
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Every single day. I can't get a complete picture of my weight loss (or lack thereof) unless I have all the details and can see how the choices I have made (both food and exercise) have impacted that. While there are days I go over my calorie limit (because of either special occasions, lack of time to exercise, lack of planning), I always track and enter everything.
  • MuscleJunkieK8
    Options
    I do track everyday no matter what, do to a disease I have. But other than that I think I would keep up with knowing what nutrition, calories, vitamins, fats, and sugars are in the foods I am eating. Because I normally can not eat what others have at functions, I bring my own food. If I do eat out at a restaraunt I know has food I can eat...I just write it down and try to figure everything out later using google.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I don't have a built in no track day, no. Some days it's just not happening; say, on a day when I get breakfast from the farmer's market, lunch from a street vendor by the plaza, and dinner with a friend. I'm not going to try to track days like that, it's just wild guesstimation, you know? Looking back at my records, it looks like I'm missing roughly 1/9 days. I am, however, MINDFUL of what I eat every day :).
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't track every day. I try to track 5-6 days per week.

I do this intentionally, for purely mental reasons.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    every day! If I am out of town and don't have internet connection, I bring my ipad with and enter the info offline, and when I log in again at home, it will all be there.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    i track every day, no matter what. i just use the search bar and choose whatever is closest to what i ate that day
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't track calories when I'm on vacation, but the rest of the time I track everything.
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Everyday, every meal, every bite! I use my iPhone app when Im not at home and it pretty much has everything on it and if it doesn't I improvise, and I eat out about 3 days a week. And Ive been doing this over 110 days and have lost 38 pounds so its possible :bigsmile:
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I track every day, good or bad... and more often than not forcing myself to track food, especially ahead of eating it, keeps me on track. (Ok ok, I took one unintentional day off a couple weeks ago when I was too busy drinking to care >.>)

If I can't get info for a restaurant, I build the meal from foods in the DB, then add a "restaurant tax" of 100-200 calories depending on how unhealthy I feel it was... basically to cover any oil I feel they might have used in the cooking process, or any errors in my estimation. I did that today with eggs benedict from Cora's (a local breakfast/lunch place)
  • mrsrocco
    mrsrocco Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    darn near every day