Do you track EVERYDAY?

Options

Replies

• joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i track everything i eat. sometimes i have to guess (family functions). sometimes restaurants arent listed. but i do my best and thats enough to keep me satisfied.
  • myangel05
    myangel05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh I use the app too everyday but when you are at a wedding or event I sometimes find it difficult to count or remember every lil thing I ate - I guesstimate a lot of it too.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I track every single day and I track every single thing that goes into my mouth (get your minds out of the gutter!)
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I do although weekends are rough sometimes. My diary is very accurate except for that slice of vegan cheesecake...I am under my goal every other day though so I will just workout a little longer tomorrow
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Up until a few weeks ago I was tracking EVERYTHING daily. Now I do it every other day or so but intend to get back to doing it everyday.
  • nancyjhughes
    Options
    getting a slow and frustrating start, but your success encourages me..........
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Everyday.
    That way I can look back and see where I could have gone better.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I track everyday and if I'm somewhere else and I don't know how many calories I will do a search on MFP for the food, say potato salad, and I will pick the higher calorie one.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You're alowed an off day, so treat it as that =]
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I track every day...next week is my bday and going out to eat twice and since I'm turning 40 I'm eating what I want so I will track and be over lol
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I track everyday. Actually I prelog my food the night b4, so I always know what I'm going to eat.
  • Becca224
    Becca224 Posts: 36
    Options
    I track everyday. I find weekends hard so ussually will just note it on my phone and then put it all in on the Monday. It may not be 100% accurate cause often it's food I am eating out, but it's still helpful to track as it gives me a rough idea and I usually find even tho I am careful, I am eating to much.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Everyday -555 days and counting so far.

I can't say it's 100% accurate every single day, but even when I don't eat well I log most of what I eat (or add some extra quick cals if it's things that are hard to track). I like to be able to look back at the week and see how the cals have balanced out.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Every.

Damned.

Day.

I've tried "not logging" a couple times. And I went totally OCD and logged everything from that day.

I do allow myself a "well, let's not worry about calories/content/macros" day once a week, but that's slowly migrated to Saturday which is my 1200+ net calorie burn LSD day, so it ends up being a wash.
  • char316
    char316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My goal is to track daily, since if I do not, I don't do well. But life has a habit of getting in the way.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I never thought that I would calorie count yet here I am tracking every day. I'll guesstimate when I have to usually overstating the portion size so that I'm covered. If I know exactly what I'm eating for dinner I'll enter all my meals to see how much exercise I need to cover the calories. And if I want cake or pie then I'll do the extra work so I can have my treat guilt free.

Sometimes I realize that I've missed tracking a snack/meal/drinks so I add it to the next day. That usually happens on a night out with the hubby.
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Every single day, even if I'm not happy with the end result lol!

With random/generic foods I do my best to guess. I'm not overly concerned with being EXACT, as long as I'm being healthy :)
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I miss a day once in a while, but not often.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i log in everyday, everything i eat goes on there no matter what, even if i go over its still good cause then i can look back and see why i gained or lost any weight. its harder when im at a bbq because i eat so much food but little amounts but still log in
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    If you remain mindful on your non-tracking day. 1 day won't ruin Everything you've worked toward. Now a day of what I want, I'll have is a different story. : ) Lots of people do that. That's what they use non-tracking days for. This is not you. I'd say it's fine.