Any Stay at Home Moms?

Options
How many children do you have?

How long have you been a SAHM?

Replies

• Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    2 kids ages 12 and 15. I've been a SAHM since April 1997 (end of tax season.) I do work from home doing taxes and financial advising though.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have a son who is 2 years old. I became a SAHM the day he was born.
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 y/o son and 5 y/o daughter. I became a SAHM when I was pregnant with my daughter.
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    I'm technically not a SAHM as I'm a fur mummy! I have a 10 month old kitten to take care of :)
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids ages 12, 10, and 3. I have been a stay at home mom off and on until I got pregnant with my youngest. I have been home with them since. So thats about 4 years now.
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    2 kiddos. My Daughter just turned 10 in June and my son just turned 6 in April. I have been at home since my daughter was born. I left my job about 10 days before she was born and never went back.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    2 kids ages 2.5 and 4(soon). I was a SAHM for the first 8 months with #1, and I have been again since May 2010
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    I have 4. They are Almost 9, 5.5, 4, 2.5. I've been a SAHM since a month before I had our second child. I love it!!!!!
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    3 kids...10 yr old boy , 3 yr old girl, 3 month old boy. I stayed home with my son til he was 5. I went to work when he started school. Then quit when I had my daughter. Been a SAHM for about 7yrs. Feel free to add me if you are looking for motivation or just want to talk about staying home and the kids!
  • TraceAT
    TraceAT Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have 1 chadult @24yrs and 1 @10yrs old.
    Have been a SAHM since leaving work to have my eldest!
    Was ready to return to work when my eldest started secondary school only to fine myself pregnant with my second!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love it, but it does get lonely some times. I am a also a military wife so I deal with my husband being gone a lot. He is currently in Korea for one year.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I stay home with my 3 boys (ages 7, 5 and 2). I left my job just before my oldest was born so almost 8 years ago. When my youngest starts school, I'll be ready to go back to work. There are days I miss it and the people I worked with.
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    I completely Understand that. It definitely can get lonely.
    I love it, but it does get lonely some times. I am a also a military wife so I deal with my husband being gone a lot. He is currently in Korea for one year.
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    Congratulations to all you SAHMs! You are doing the world's most demanding job! The working ladies are great moms, too, the difference is the world recognizes them and tells us, "Oh, you don't work, you just stay at home!" LOL! I am so proud of all of you moms that made a commitment of hard work and sacrifices for your families! Yes, I'm a SAHM of 5. Ages 18 dd, 15ds, 12(almost 13)ds, 10ds and 7(as of today)ds! I'm a homeschool mom, too and I've always been at home so over 18 yrs and I love it! Yes, there can be lonely moments, but look into those little eyes-it is so worth it! And it does get easier when the children get older and you can have great conversations with them!
  • ashes26
    ashes26 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mommy to 3. My oldest son is 3 and 1/2, then I have my middle son who is 1 and 1/2 , then I have a daughter who just turned 6 months :o) I've been a stay at home mom for about 3yrs now :o) Feel free to add me as a friend :o)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Me :)

I've been a stay at home mom since August 2011. I worked in a funeral home prior to that. We relocated to a different state and I'm now at home with the kiddos. My oldest son will be 6 in Oct. and my baby just turned two last month.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM mom to a 2-year-old, full time since March 2012, part time since she was 4 months old. I do miss going to work sometimes, but I love being home with her. I'm planning to start back to school in a few months, so we may have someone come to our house again to stay with her. Feel free to add me, especially if you're an older mom of a little one like I am.
  • ItsSamantha
    ItsSamantha Posts: 127
    Options
    I have been a stay at home mom since 2003!I have 3 kids,2 girls and 1 boy.Ages 9,4,and 15 months.
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am! I have two kiddos. My son is 4 1/2 and my daughter is 2 1/2. I have been a stay at home mom since my son was born. Feel free to add me everybody! :)
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    5 kids. 8 years full time stay at home mom.
    Just started school to become a real estate agent.