Any Stay at Home Moms?

Options

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    2 kids 4 and 1 and been @home for 5 years re-start school in oct!!
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kiddos. Ages are 9.5, 6.5, 4, 15 months and 7 weeks. I became a SAHM a few months ago.
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM with a 15yr old Daughter and twin 12 yr old boys. I also have 3 dogs, a cat and a Hubby. Down right farm here. It is so hard for me to get any type of workouts in during the summer time. I am up so late with the kids and can't get up before them to workout. It seems I am alway on the go. I do part time cleaning 2 to 5 times a month. I need some me time. LOL. But being on here making new friends is really starting to help me. I seem to be on MFP more and more reading things and having friends to motivate me.
  • beth0672
    beth0672 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am a SAHM of 4. My daughter is 17 and 3 boys 15, 13, and 10. I've been home for about 4yrs now. I am also doing the homeschool thing starting next month for my youngest. He has some challenges academically and has a really really hard time in school. Thought it would be in his best interest to just bring him home and work with him one on one and take all the pressure off :)
  • rrrr76
    rrrr76 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am a SAHM to 4. I became a SAHM when my 2nd daughter was born in 2003. So I have been home for almost 10 years in August. Wow! Time Flies! :) My children are 17, 14, 8 (9 in August) and 7 (2 days ago). :)
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Official SAHM since Nov 2010, daughter is 4 and son just turned 3. It does get a little lonely and boring at times but I love spending the time with my kids, wouldn't dream about going back to work until they are in school full time. However, we are trying for a 3rd =)

Any other SAHM moms and/or those trying to concieve...add me if you like =) Could always use more friends in similar situations for support, motivation, etc.
  • CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have two children. My son will be 8 next month and my daughter is 6 going on 30! I have been home since just before my son was born.
  • TishaMRay
    TishaMRay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom. I have 2 wonderful kids. My daughter just turned 15 last month and my baby boy is 17 months. I started staying home in July 2010. I do some side stuff to make money from home on the internet. Other than that I love being home with my kids. They are my world.
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    One child, boy....he'll be 3 in October....(he's a Dennis the Menace). Been a stay at home mom since he was born. Gets boring and lonely sometimes, but I am blessed to be able to stay home with him.
  • c25kmomma
    c25kmomma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been a SAHM for about a year now. I have two girls 2 and 5. I home school my oldest she will be entering 1st grade this fall.
  • nikihampton
    nikihampton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WAHM of four: 6, 4, 3, 1. I run two businesses from my living room/chaos room. lol Decided I would stay home when I was pregnant with our first. I think SAHM's are awesome and WAHM's are still a little misunderstood. I get asked to babysit a lot. Not going to happen! lol

As an at home mom I have a tougher time with food. Anyone else?
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have one 18 month old son. I've been a SAHM since I was about 6 months pregnant with him.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    they are 10 and 11.
    i was a sahm til they were 3 or 4?
    and 3 or 4 years ago i lost my job.

i 'work' at home making a few pennies here and there.
    since the kids are older i get left alone a lot.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    I have an 18 yr old, 4 and 3 yr old I have been a SAHM for about 5 yrs .. It's by far the most demanding yet most fulfilling job I have ever had :-)
  • nicholjenny
    nicholjenny Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep, me! I have 2 boys ages 8 & 12. I have been at home since summer of 2008. I think we should get paid for the work involved!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've been a SAHM since my 6 month old son was born. I probably will stay one until all my future kids are school age. I do a little furniture flipping on the side for some extra money, when I feel like it. :)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Staying a home has been the absolute BEST thing for me as far as eating healthier, does anyone else feel the same way? When I worked, I could NOT stay away from those delicious (AWFUL!) lunches the drug reps brought in, and I always had seconds. Now that I SAH, I find it so easy to stick to my calorie limit, plan my meals, and drink all the water I want, without having to excuse myself from my work to go pee.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, boy: 5 yrs, two girls, 1 and 3. I didn't intend to stay at home or homeschool, but things happened that way, praise God! I'm so thankful.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom too [when not dying at the gym] :P
    Little girl is 5months.
    x
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm a sahm & auntie. My daughter is 12 yo. My great-nephew is 13 mos & also take care of a 17 yo niece. I was let go of my job of 3 yrs in Feb, which was really hard on me. But I'm really enjoying taking care of my nephew fulltime right now so I'm not in s hurry to get back to work. Which I need to do soon so I can pay off college loans.