Running apps for Droid

Options
2»

Replies

• helen0616
    helen0616 Posts: 97
    Options
    MapMyRun will give you alerts for every mile, if you choose, but only whole miles. I'm looking for something that will let me choose something like 1.55 miles (half of a 5K run) for the alert so I know when to turn and head back. MapMyRun won't do that.

Specifically, rundouble does this. The little voice says "you're halfway through!" I was like, "HALLELUJAH!" when I heard it. LOL!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rundouble.companion&hl=en
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I like Cardiotrainer. And "Zombies, Run!" made me run faster than ever before!
  • skinnylittlekenzie
    Options
    I use runkeeeper
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for the same thing! I'm looking to improve my speed and thought I would start over with the program, focusing on speed this time.

I looked up C25K by RunDouble and it says that it will tell you when you're halfway. It's free for two weeks then $1.60 for the app. I'll probably give it a shot. There are a lot of positive reviews.

I have Map My Walk and it's okay. I don't like that it doesn't always record the walk (loses GPS) and doesn't alert you. I use that app for my walks at lunch in the city.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper will let you set up custom workouts. so you can have it give you prompts for fast slow etc based on time, distance.
    It also will let you have status messages based on time or distance.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I looked up C25K by RunDouble and it says that it will tell you when you're halfway. It's free for two weeks then $1.60 for the app. I'll probably give it a shot. There are a lot of positive reviews.

Yeah, this will probably be the winner. And for only $1.60, I'll go for the full version to make sure I get all the features.

I see that RunDouble has a five-minute warm-up before the run begins. I'd like to disable that, if possible.

Thanks to everyone for their input!