minnesota anyone?

Options
124»

Replies

• I'm from Central MN. I LOVE WINTER!!!!! It is a refreshing welcome after the heat of the summer. I love the change in seasons. Clean, crisp air and tranquil environment. I get outside as much as possible.

I am a runner and continue to run all winter. I have been a runner for a few years now and last winter I purchased all the winter gear and tried it. Great decision - loved it.

I also ice skate with my family as much as possible. I have two hockey players so we spend alot of time at the rink.

I cross country ski at least once or twice a week. Love the challenge of that. And participate in the Vassaloppet Ski Race in our town.

Year round I do twice weekly strength training in my home gym.

I continue to train all winter to be ready for spring races.

I wish you all the best in finding what inspires you to be active in the winter months of MN.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I'm a Minnesotan and I guess I play hockey, cross-country ski, snow shoe... shovel the drive way and then just the gym, to stay in shape during the winter.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm from MN as well. Born and raised in SCentral (Mankato area), went to college in SW MN (Marshall) and have lived in the Rochester area for 35 years. As far winter workouts, I don't like doing anything outside, although I do shovel snow. I am fortunate to have a Healthy Living Center across from work and I plan to visit there often when golf season is over.

BTW, I would appreciate the support of my Minnesota neighbors. Friend me and I'll try to be there for you.
  • AllyBird82
    AllyBird82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I live in the Northern suburbs. During the winter I have workout DVDs (my primary workout even now), but I sometimes throw in Wii Fit or a cardio boxing game I have for fun. I work downtown so I walk in the skyways on my lunch break when I can.
  • AddictedtoAerosmith
    AddictedtoAerosmith Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Born & Raised in MN, grew up in Marshall...if you've been there then you know why I transplanted to Texas...but, always a Minnesotan at heart...fixin' to head up there in September! Valley Fair Rocks!
  • susakay
    susakay Posts: 1
    Options
    I am am from MN and just joined today. Looking to lose a lot of weight, one pound at a time. Hope I can do it and keep it off for good this time. Looking forward to a healthier life.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I am in the Twin Cities. I have a gym membership but also plan to continue to run outside this winter (yes even in the snow)
  • jessejames3ball
    Options
    Minnesota FTW! Any working out that I do is outside, or to some form of DVD (P90X, 30DS, etc.)
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Grew up in Duluth and graduated college from UMD. Left in 1999 and would go back in a heartbeat if there was a job for me.

There was this great gym in Superior at the foot of one of the bridges (can't remember the name of the place), used to be a racquetball club, and was now a Physical therapy place, also had a beauty salon, but you could get a membership there.....very few machines, small free weight room, still had the racquetball courts.....but they taped the classes you could take, so if you couldn't make it to a calss, you could get the tape and watch it on the TV they had down in the gym.

Loved that place. Rinky, small, and run down, but it's my ideal of a gym.