Jillian Michael 30DS results?!

Options

Replies

• Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Just started level 1 today, hope this helps... need to lose 30 lbs. what is everyone putting for there exercise on mfp for the workout. Not sure what to put under exercise.

Most people log it as circuit training, or they wear a heart rate monitor.
  • S2Salinna
    S2Salinna Posts: 12
    Options
    If I had of eaten a lot better then I did, I would have gotten better results. But you can still see a little difference in my tummy area

Tummy: lost 3.4 inch's
    Chest: lost 1.4 inch's
    Hips: lost 1.8ch's

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

You've just motivated me to take my measurements so I can see the difference at the end!

I see a slight difference in your stomach, that is great! I took my before pictures, but sadly didn't quite think about taking measurements as well. Your point is right about the scale. The scale used to be my motivation to keep up with my workouts and losing weight, but once the number bump up on the scale, I just don't have that motivation anymore. Thank you for the pictures, good luck to the rest of your journey!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 and have already lost an inch in my hips and stomach area. I was doing turbofire and chalean extreme but it put to much pressure on my lower back and knees so I switched to 30ds and noticed an immediate difference. If anything it is a good workout for building the basics and your core so that other exercises are easier and also you can skip level 1 and do level 2 and 3 if you are already fit. I also got ripped in 30 and extreme shed and shred for when I move up in levels.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Just started level 1 today, hope this helps... need to lose 30 lbs. what is everyone putting for there exercise on mfp for the workout. Not sure what to put under exercise.

It's circuit training.

ETA: My HRM tells me I burn 290-300 calories when I do Ripped in 30 (didn't have it for 30DS). MFP estimates 233 for me -- so if you can get yourself one, be sure to. Lots of people claim MFP overestimates, but if you're busting it and really, really pushing -- in all likelihood the estimate will be accurate or under. I used an elliptical last year (hated it) -- the machine's calorie burning read was always way lower compared to MFP. So I was blaming MFP. Yeah, I just wasn't bringing it. I used it recently working just as hard as I do for a Jillian DVD with my HRM on and the actual burn was again higher than the MFP estimate and it matched the machine closely.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    No pics, I'm only on day 4. BUT, I've lost an inch off my belly already. :O
    As soon as your done I demand result pics to keep me motivated :P
  • rusialeelee
    rusialeelee Posts: 143
    Options
    Day0-50BeforeDuring-3.jpg

I'm in Day 2- Level 3 today :)
  • Wolfistine
    Options
    I have been working out with the DVD and I loved making my work out her DVD for the day because it just included everything needed to get my whole body into a burning fat mode. I was starting at 179 pounds and then went and lost like 3 pounds after doing it for a week. I am not a good eater, honestly that's what I have to work on especially my portion sizes. But, I just wanted to say that I wish I had more people enthusiastic in giving her mantra a try!
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I lost over 10 inches =)

30dsweightloss.jpg
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    All I can say is stick with it because it really does get easier. First 4-5 days are the worst, 5+ you will see improvement everyday. I struggled with push ups now I can do around 20. And the skipping rope action killed my legs first few days, not sore now. My endurance is heaps better, I feel like I can go another round LOL.

Hahaha- I'm a weakling- I can't even do the modified push-ups.
  • 84dex
    84dex Posts: 45
    Options
    I have just done level 1 day 1 today. Second time starting it. Only got to day 15 last time. If anyone wants to add me maybe we can motivate each other to finish it this time :)
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is considering doing 30DS, or thinks that they have 'failed' at doing 30DS -- just know this: You don't actually have to do it in 30 days. You can take rest days. You also don't have to do each level in 10 days. I spent 14 days at Level 1. And 23 days at Level 2. What counts is that you keep trying -- whatever that looks like for you (okay to take rest breaks throughout if you really need to, substitute high knees for rockstar jumps, doing pushups on your knees, etc.) -- and that when you can, you increase the difficulty to challlenge your body. You'll get there -- don't worry if it takes you a little extra time.

Has my progress been slower that it 'should be'? Maybe. But I do know that I haven't given up, I've kept going. And that progess will stop only when I stop. Exercising is not a race for me to some finish line where I'll be done -- it's more about making a sustainable change, something I can do and am willing to do 4-5 a week.

I've been doing the 30DS since April. I've lost 22lbs, and am down 2 sizes in clothing. I've moved on to Ripped in 30, and have spent 12 days at Week 1.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is considering doing 30DS, or thinks that they have 'failed' at doing 30DS -- just know this: You don't actually have to do it in 30 days. You can take rest days. You also don't have to do each level in 10 days. I spent 14 days at Level 1. And 23 days at Level 2. What counts is that you keep trying -- whatever that looks like for you (okay to take rest breaks throughout if you really need to, substitute high knees for rockstar jumps, doing pushups on your knees, etc.) -- and that when you can, you increase the difficulty to challlenge your body. You'll get there -- don't worry if it takes you a little extra time.

Has my progress been slower that it 'should be'? Maybe. But I do know that I haven't given up, I've kept going. And that progess will stop only when I stop. Exercising is not a race for me to some finish line where I'll be done -- it's more about making a sustainable change, something I can do and am willing to do 4-5 a week.

I've been doing the 30DS since April. I've lost 22lbs, and am down 2 sizes in clothing. I've moved on to Ripped in 30, and have spent 12 days at Week 1.

Thank you for posting this! I was confused about 30ds at first- but I decided that what would be best for me is to allow my body to rest a day or so here and there- I don't plan on doing it in 30 days; I think the title leads everyone to believe it has to be done in 30 days- when it really doesn't. I'll probably spend at LEAST two weeks at level 1- and then go from there. I'm also doing zumba- in addition to 30 ds- so I know there are days where I won't be doing one or the other. Good luck everyone!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I completed 30DS in 40 days (was also training for a half-marathon at the time). Level 1 - 5 days, Level 2 - 15 days, Level 3 - 10 days. As others have mentioned go at your own pace but definitely do it. It works!

30-day-shred-results-03.jpg
  • lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Can you achieve results with just diet and 30ds alone? I see alot of people do some other form of exercise wit it. I can only take out the 30 min/day
  • littlek735
    littlek735 Posts: 28
    Options
    :happy: I am on day four as well. I am still stopping a few times to catch my breath. Can't wait until I can begin seeing the results from all of the hard work!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My results are the last two pics of my photos. One from when I started and one when I finished. Not a whole lot of differencethat I can see, but my friends tell me they cansee a big difference. I only lost 3 lbs with 30DS, but I lost over 10 inches overall..
  • fitKT2B
    fitKT2B Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Is there any equipment needed for the 30DS? Is it a video?
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Is there any equipment needed for the 30DS? Is it a video?

You need yourself, some dumbbells (I had 2, 3, and 5, could have used 8s by the end I think), and a mat if you're on a hard floor. that's it!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have owned my CD for over a yr and have attempted it half-heartedly several times. One time I actually made it to level 2, but never finished it. I was watching the scale for progress :( That was then and this is now. I started Body For Life in Sept of 11 and have really made a change for the better. I am eating clean and really working out. I've added the 30DS and now am on D8 of L1. I complete it no matter what! If I have to do it at 11pm before I go to bed, I do it. I've only missed 1 day and that was Sat, d/t I was at my daughter's softball tournament in 100+ degree Tx weather with almost 100% humidity for 10hrs, then went straight to my son's rodeo and sat out in the heat for another 4 hrs. I was just zapped when I got home at 11:30. I did do pics from day 1 and will take my pics again this wk when I start L2. I will post if I can figure it out. I am feeling so much tighter in my legs. I'm eating clean, but not 100%...prob close to 90-95% of the time. I turn 38 in Nov and I am tired of not being happy with the way I look. I'm ready to take control of my life. I'm doing it... slowly but surely!!!!!
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    I lost 10 inches from my chest, hips and waist and 8 pounds. I only took about 2 days off in between level 2 and 3.
    Before before.jpg
    afterafter.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!