Jillian Michael 30DS results?!

Options

Replies

• thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Can you achieve results with just diet and 30ds alone? I see alot of people do some other form of exercise wit it. I can only take out the 30 min/day

Yes, you can achieve results with just diet and 30DS. I structured my workout to be 2 days DS, 1 day pilates, 2 days DS, 1 day rest -- then repeat. But you can do this however works best for you. I found that doing the 30DS made me feel stronger, and once I got to Level 2 I wanted to do more.

Listen to your body, and do what feels right. Don't worry about some 'right way' or feel obligated to keep up with what others have done. Instead view those stories as options. And do what is right for you.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love seeing everyones results!

I'm going to be starting this week (as soon as my DVD comes!). I'm afraid of becoming unmotivated after a few days... if I even get to that point I just need to remind myself of everyone elses success.
  • fieryred0424
    fieryred0424 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures yet. What I can tell you is I am on Level 2 this will be my day 13 today. I have been doing level 2 for 3 days today. So far I have lost 2 lbs with 30DS but a total of 10.5 inches off my body. I really think the scale may have been a little lower today if my muscles weren't recovering from the workout yesterday. It works! I notice a difference in the way my clothes fit. And even can see it in the mirror and can feel it when my hubbs puts his arms around my waist. HEHE! I love JILLIAN MICHAELS WORK OUTS! I can't wait to move on to ripped in 30. However, it is important to take a rest day in these workouts!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I completed 30DS in 40 days (was also training for a half-marathon at the time). Level 1 - 5 days, Level 2 - 15 days, Level 3 - 10 days. As others have mentioned go at your own pace but definitely do it. It works!

30-day-shred-results-03.jpg

it is SO AWESOME to see a guy post progress pics from jm30ds! THANK YOU FOR SHARING! hopefully they will be able to help me motivate the hubby to try this with me! WTG!
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i finish mine tomorrow, i'll post pictures then! :D
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ive tried it a few times as well and gave up so I am going to be starting again after all this crazy busy summer is done. please post results! thanks!
  • kemmy45
    kemmy45 Posts: 59
    Options
    Thank you for the help everyone..
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm only on Day 5 Level 1, but I can now do it without stopping! I also feel energized and my endurance has improved when I run! I was a little skeptical at first, but I don't regret starting it!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 1 tonight! I'll post pics in 29 days :)
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS lvl 1, 2 wks ago because I needed strength training along w/cardio. I have yet to weigh or measure myself but I can feel a difference in my clothes and see subtle changes. Friend me as well, if you'd like, I'd love to see your progress. I can tell you those push ups are one of my biggest challenges of all...
  • S2Salinna
    S2Salinna Posts: 12
    Options
    i finish mine tomorrow, i'll post pictures then! :D
    awww please do so, thank you!! :)
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 2 day 9 today. I finish up level 2 tomorrow and take more measurements. After the first level, the first 10 days, I lost 4 & 3/4 inches. Like so many have said, it's awesome to see your endurance increase if you stick with it. Level 2 has been a killer for me but I've stuck with it and have noticed a big difference in my endurance. I feel tighter and more toned. I also am doing the strength training program in the book New Rules of Lifting for women and 20 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical.
  • jazijett
    jazijett Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also have had the dvd for months bt have yet to put it to work. well I'm starting today!! Does anyone know the amount of cal it burns, and does it count for cardio or strength?
  • peaceloveandtattoos
    Options
    I am currently on day 14 of 30ds!
    I took my weight and measurements on day 11 before moving on to level two....
    i was already down 2.5 lbs and a total of 5 inches!
    after 10 days!!!
    i am also eating a lot better and keeping it under 1300 calories/day.
    i would recommend 30ds to anyone!
  • peaceloveandtattoos
    Options
    Can you achieve results with just diet and 30ds alone? I see alot of people do some other form of exercise wit it. I can only take out the 30 min/day

I am!
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today will be Level 2 Day 8 for me!! I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian... :)

I haven't seen much movement on the scale yet (only 2-3 pounds) but I am definitely noticing a difference in my measurements. In the first two weeks, I am down more than 5 inches overall. I also LOVE to see how quickly my endurance improves as I work through each level. The first few days might be killer, but once I hit day 4-5, I can already tell a difference. I have taken a few rest days so far, and I think that helps.

I have also purchased Ripped in 30, and am going to give that a try once I finish with 30DS.
  • ch00singlife
    ch00singlife Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I also have had the dvd for months bt have yet to put it to work. well I'm starting today!! Does anyone know the amount of cal it burns, and does it count for cardio or strength?
    I read that you should multiply your current weight by 3.267 to get calories burned in one hour, then divide by three to get calories burned in twenty minutes....Other people log it as 20 minutes cardio-circuit training. For me, the first way was 45 calories more, so I'm using that one!!!
    Just finished day one, push ups were very difficult for me...my legs are a bit wobbly too!! I love when she says that you can go to the gym and give a half-effort for an hour or go all out with her for 20 minutes.
    Going to do it every other day because doing c25k too.
    I'm here everyday if anyone wants to friend me for motivation....
  • Jmoss4852
    Jmoss4852 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred last Friday, July 20th. Today was my first day of Level 2! This first day was hard but SO worth it! I took some pics to compare with day one and plan to do this again on day 20 and then day 30. Just thought I'd go ahead and share my results. The pics aren't that great (sorry so dark!) and the change isn't much different, but it's definitely noticeable! I love looking at every ones results and can't WAIT to see where I will be come day 30! Keep up the amazing work y'all! :)

DAY 1:
    Untitled.jpg

Day1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

DAY 11:
    day114.jpg

day113.jpg

day112.jpg

day11.jpg

SO excited for day 30!
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    fatpic.jpg
    BeFunky_125lbsdoinggreat.jpg

This was before and after the the shred.

I have pics of my torso on my page of the before and afters of the first 10 days.

I'm doing the shred again and I finish level one tomorrow.... excited for the results :)
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

log it as circuit training, general under cardio
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!