WE NEED TO STOP!!

Options
Seriously, i'm tired of the whole embrace your curves (love handles and saddle bags) crock of crap!! I'm not saying I wanna be a rail, but let's be honest people, the curves most of you are talking about is pure unadulterated fat not the hourglass figure!! I wanna keep a curvy figure, but without the spare tire!! I wanna be healthy and live a long life without the horrors and sickness being overweight can put you through!! We all make excuses not to eat right, not to exercise and those just continue the cycle of self hatred and depression!! We will have to take our health by the balls and choke it into submission in order to have the body we are dreaming of!! I feel it's time to start putting in work and putting away the excuses!! WHO'S WITH ME?!!!

Replies

• jadedmari
    jadedmari Posts: 1
    Options
    Oh girl, you know I am with you! I love my curves and losing weight and toning up will help me accentuate them. Sadly, most people do not know that they need to eat more healthy foods and more often as well as workout to get what they want. This whole diet in a bottle crap gets on my nerves! Get off your lazy butts and get moving because honestly that is the only way that we will get our bodies into shape. Hope you are keeping up with everything, haven't seen you post any of your progress lately. We are gonna reach our goals soon, I just know it!
  • BTheGreatest
    BTheGreatest Posts: 145
    Options
    I haven't had a ton of time to measure and weigh lately, but i'm still putting in work. Been real busy the past week and a half transitioning my kids out of summer and back to school. I should start back up here pretty soon. I have a feeling that we're both gonna be rockin that sexy again here very soon too.... I'M EXCITED!!
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I don't care what others do, and lots of women LOVE their curves. I'm thrilled for them! I don't care if their curves are what makes them overweight. If they are happy with their bodies and self-confident.... all I feel for them is ENVY.

However, for myself, YES I will be getting rid of some of these "curves". I don't really like it when someone tells me "You look SO GOOD. I wish I had YOUR CURVES." I always say thank you of course, because it's a compliment, but secretly I'm hating a lot of my curves.

I don't even need to say that I will make sure to not lose all of them, because my body simply won't let me be "a rail". I have very wide-set hips and I am destined to be a pear, no matter what size I get down to.
  • M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    Personally, I'm tired of "embracing" my curves everytime I bend down....or fold my arms....or to be quite honest, I would love to clap my hands and not hear an echo from my boobs!!! :laugh:
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Each to their own. What I want to see is an end to body bashing of ANY type!
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options

AMEN!
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    From the view point of a man:

Curves = awesome
    Folds = disgusting
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Want to keep your curvy body but drop the fat? heavy squats, overhead presses, and deadlifts are you new work out staples!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm tired of "embracing" my curves everytime I bend down....or fold my arms....or to be quite honest, I would love to clap my hands and not hear an echo from my boobs!!! :laugh:

teehee!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    for me, this is about being healthy. When I started this, I wanted to be "unfat", I didn't want to be skinny. But now, I see that it's about a healthier lifestyle. Eating right and exercise is the way to go. I have never been thin, but I have never focused on eating healthy. Now that I'm doing that, I'm looking forward to BEING healthy, not just LOOKING thin.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

That would be lovely, wouldn't it.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Not me. I'm all for the cold hard truth, feelings be damned.

I wish others had been more honest with me as I'd been gaining weight. I probably wouldn't now be half way through a year long diet if I had smartened up a couple of years ago..
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options

Well said. Do what you want and let others do what they want. We spend too much time paying attention to the next person. when i lose the body fat/ weight/folds, i still want to have curvy hips, nice boobs and a shapely *kitten*. If someone else wants to be rail thin, go for it. What does it matter what someone else likes or wants?

All the best people
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Seriously, i'm tired of the whole embrace your curves (love handles and saddle bags) crock of crap!! I'm not saying I wanna be a rail, but let's be honest people, the curves most of you are talking about is pure unadulterated fat not the hourglass figure!! I wanna keep a curvy figure, but without the spare tire!! I wanna be healthy and live a long life without the horrors and sickness being overweight can put you through!! We all make excuses not to eat right, not to exercise and those just continue the cycle of self hatred and depression!! We will have to take our health by the balls and choke it into submission in order to have the body we are dreaming of!! I feel it's time to start putting in work and putting away the excuses!! WHO'S WITH ME?!!!

Amen sista!!! bout time someone said it :):)
  • JenG_2011
    JenG_2011 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amen sister! You preach it!!
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    There is a difference between curves and fat. Clothing manufacturers are using it as a way to sell.

I will never be rail thin. I do have curves. Even at my smallest size I was curvy. I do love my curves. I just hate the fat on top of them!

Everyone has different body shapes. I believe in working with what you have.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i need to lose my saddle bags and get a butt ~( nice high perky one ideally) rather than the thigh/*kitten* combination i am currently sporting.

I'm with you
  • lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with "to each his/her own". What I have a problem with is "muffin tops"!! If you want to be a big girl/boy then go for it and be all you can be while doing it. But seriously keep it to yourself! I do not want to see your fat hanging out of your pants.

This comment is not coming from a skinny person either....just a "big girl" trying her hardest to get healthy and in shape but also who knows how to cover her junk up!!

ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL!!:grumble: :noway: :grumble:
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I love my curves. I just want a bit less of them. I will never be "skinny". I have too much muscle mass to ever be anything less than a size 6. I have a honkey-tonk-badonkadonk and cleavage up top. i have had these regardless of my weight (i'm a yo yo dieter who has been fit before). i want to keep these assets. but i'm tired of having so much of them. i want definition, i want curves, and i want to be healthy.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options

^^ The voice of reason