broken heart, new start

Options
I just recently had my heart torn to pieces. After two years together, he decided he's leaving me to move to California with his parents.

I'm a single, and very over weight. I feel like crap about myself. I'm trying to use this as a new start in my life. It's time to lose weight so one day he'll find me online and go "Damn! I could have had that!"

So I'm looking for some "friends" that will help me keep my big booty on track.

Replies

• jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have so been there. My ex cheated alll through out our marrige. I really want him to see me at one of the kids' events down the road and think, "what was I thinking'!
  • cowboysfan82288
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. You'll find alot of support here. Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your heartache. But, I am proud of you for deciding to make a change in your life and move forward, that is a brave thing! I have sent you a friend request :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I just recently had my heart torn to pieces. After two years together, he decided he's leaving me to move to California with his parents.

I'm a single, and very over weight. I feel like crap about myself. I'm trying to use this as a new start in my life. It's time to lose weight so one day he'll find me online and go "Damn! I could have had that!"

Woohoo get rid of all the bad things :P Out with the old and in with the new.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good for you Jenny!

My OH used to nag me like mad and watch every single thing I put in my mouth with the result that when he left I went on a real binge fest for several years...not good I know.
    Now I am doing it for me..so try to change your mindset and do it for YOU!!
  • polly_lops
    polly_lops Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ouch but well done for finding that silver lining and making this a positive thing. Friend request coming your way :smile:
  • lyonsfool03
    Options
    I know its a great feeling to make them feel like crap... I recently met up with an ex at a grocery store (right after I left a workout so was wearing muscle shirt and shorts) and her eyes blew up... It was great because she was rhe one that dumped me bc she told me I was fat and sloppy 4 years adter i had discovered her cheating on me... She wanted to talk to me but told her I had to go because my beautiful fit wife was waiting at home for me. I had the biggest smile as I walked away. Later that evening I recieved a text from her saying she was sry for what she had done to me but was glad i looked happy.... My answer " You dmnnnnnn right
  • Bullygirl30
    Options
    yeah Im in the same boat however he told me that I wasn't good enough for him becasue im not done with college yet.
  • jwkimble
    jwkimble Posts: 3
    Options
    Stick with this. Eat right and exercise until you don't care if they ever even see you again. You will learn, you matter - they don't.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Sometimes Heartbreak can be the best fuel for your fire!

Sometimes good things fall apart so great things can fall together
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We all need folks to help us along :D Hang on, we are here for you!
  • trickrabbit
    Options
    Soory to hear your story but am glad to see that you are ready to move forward.
    The people on here are great and very helpful, i am sure you will like it.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    I am sorry.Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your lose-you'll find better though. Good luck and welcome! Feel free to add me
  • Cblackburn221
    Cblackburn221 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can do it Girl! Feel free to add me! Support is the best!!
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sorry you feel so rubbish about this - you are doing the right thing though, using this as a reason to make positive changes :) Feel free to add me :)
  • simeson
    simeson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you!!
    You can totally rock this journey!! sending you a friend request :)
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Good for you Jenny!

My OH used to nag me like mad and watch every single thing I put in my mouth with the result that when he left I went on a real binge fest for several years...not good I know.
    Now I am doing it for me..so try to change your mindset and do it for YOU!!

This! It's great that you want to make a change for the better, but try and think of some reasons you want to lose weight outside of making your ex wonder what he was thinking (which I'm sure he will if you keep things up). You have to want to do this for you to be able to fully keep at it!

Feel free to add me :)
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Honestly sometimes a heartbreak is the best motivation. I got to my lowest weight that way cuz I was so angry I worked out like crazy.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you are feeling so down. Take this oppurtunity to focus on YOU. Once you are happy with yourself the rest will fall in place. Oh, but def use his face as inspiration when taking kick boxing or something :O