broken heart, new start

Options

Replies

• marlopaterson
    Options
    Hey! So sorry to hear about your heart break, but it's clearly his loss! MFP is a GREAT place to find friends and the motivation you need to stay on track. It's been brilliant for me. Welcome, feel free to add me, and Good luck!

18198566.png
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Rather than thinking one day he'll see you and say wow, concentrate on that girl in the mirror saying WOW! The best revenge is good living honey. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • LonghornGirlNC
    LonghornGirlNC Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome that you see this as an opportunity to make a positive change! Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hey girl... I just sent a request. Do this for YOU and feel better about yourself!!
  • Shoshannah68
    Options
    HAHAHAHA I love it
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear you are going through a hard time. Good for you in using this in a positive way. You can do this, good luck :)
  • applepielady
    Options
    Sad to hear that you have been hurt. Seems that most of us here aren't strangers to painful relationships. Here is a big virtual ((hug)) and caring thoughts coming your way to start a new day, a new life and a hope that you can begin totally new chapter in the book of your life! I really need support and friends too, feel free to add me, ANY of you and lets turn over a new leaf and look better, feel healthier and increase our COLLECTIVE self esteem!!! I am relatively new to this site. Have had an account for a while but not really using it correctly, really could use ANY and ALL support to start this weight loss train a rollin' on down the track!!!
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, my friend, but don't let it crush you down. What's on the inside matters more than the outside and if he was that shallow, you're better off. I know it's hard, but try not to dwell on what's lost, focus on doing what's best for yourself right now and look towards a bright new future!

Here you'll find people to help support you on your way to a happier, healthier you!

Please feel free to add me! I'm always looking for new friends here to help and support as well looking for their support to keep me pushing forward too!
  • 2easy2012
    2easy2012 Posts: 4
    Options
    We men can be so dis-connected from our mates that we don't see what we have or will miss one day. Sorry to hear what happened; just take that energy and apply it to you and yours!!!! You find plenty support and good luck in your weight loss journey and in life as well.....I send you a friend requesr...Good day
  • biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    This happened to me many years ago. I know this sounds really weird and sorta psycho (I assure you I'm not), but I would take long walks every day and just run these conversations with him through my head: What I'd say to him if I saw him again. What I could have said differently during arguments (I call them argument do-overs) and just other random things. It helped ease the transition to being single since I was still "talking" to him in my head. I found the whole routine to be very cathartic, and I started to lose a lot of weight from all of the walking, which boosted my self esteem, which shifted my thoughts to more positive ones, which liberated me, etc., etc...And then 6 months later, I wasn't even looking for anyone and I met the man that I ended up marrying! So stay positive and you too could have a happy ending! :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    Men are like streetcars, if you miss one, there will be another one along in a few minutes. You can use this to your advantage, the best revenge is living well. By the time you lose the weight you want to and feel better about yourself, you may find that what you want in a man has changed as well, hang in there, I know a broken heart is painful. Victoria:flowerforyou:
  • clarabellesimmo82
    Options
    His loss, is now your loss, in pounds that is!!

Do this for you, on your own and prove that you really don't need him at all :)
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    good for you for taking the first step in getting healthy!!!!

as with anything, it has to be all for you. use him as your starting point, but at some point, you've gotta turn it into doing it for you. way to go, and kick the trash to the curb, and time to let your fabulous self shine!!!!!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your heartbreak.
    I think it's wonderful that you have chosen to take this time to really take care of yourself and set out to lose some weight and find a healthier you. I was laid off my job in August of last year after 9 years working for the company, I was pretty upset, but I too used it as my jumping off point and looking to make a better life for myself all around.

Welcome aboard and feel free to add me.
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    All of you that have been dumped during a low point in your life....just think, is his worthless *kitten* who you really want to be with anyway? If someone can ditch out of a relationship when you're at your worst...they are NOT worth being with you when you're at your best!!!!!!

And remember....Karma's a bigger ***** than any of us could be....
  • elsinorepc
    Options
    Keep your head high. Things happen for a reason. You're so young. Think of positive things and one day you'll be with someone who loves and appreciates you and you'll never look back.

My name is Patricia, and I would love to be your friend.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    *(*(*hugs*)*)* Good for you for turning a sad situation around into something good for yourself. You are amazing. <3
  • caro1275
    caro1275 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yessss!!!! I love hearing stories like that!!!! Good for you!!
    I know its a great feeling to make them feel like crap... I recently met up with an ex at a grocery store (right after I left a workout so was wearing muscle shirt and shorts) and her eyes blew up... It was great because she was rhe one that dumped me bc she told me I was fat and sloppy 4 years adter i had discovered her cheating on me... She wanted to talk to me but told her I had to go because my beautiful fit wife was waiting at home for me. I had the biggest smile as I walked away. Later that evening I recieved a text from her saying she was sry for what she had done to me but was glad i looked happy.... My answer " You dmnnnnnn right
  • caro1275
    caro1275 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry this happened. But I can tell you from experience, that when you are working out, and want to give up, it can certainly be a damn good motivator! Please feel free to add me if you need some support :)
    C-
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I understand. I have not been in a serious relationship in many years. Mostly because I lack confidence because of my weight. I go out with my friends and always end up feeling like the fat kid in the corner. I never get hit on and it has really done a number on my self esteem. I have finally decided to do something about because I am sick and tired of being alone. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other to reach our goals.