Size 12 = 'x' amount of weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    ^ the 10 pounds a size is true for me , i donno if it helps, i am 5foot5,109lbs and fit in a size 1 when i was 119-120 i was wearing a size 3 ... and so on
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Pear shaped, 5'7" and I was a size 12 (US) at 165
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm also around 5'5" and I was in a size 12 when I weighed in the 160s. I have a very small frame and didn't have much muscle then.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    At 240+lbs I was a UK size 12 skirt and 18 top.
  • PandaPants612
    Options
    When I was 170lbs, I was around a 10/12. I'm 5'4" or 5'5" and an apple shape.

ETA: I have a large frame as well
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you are built also. I am 5'4" and when I was weighing 120, I wore a size 14.

EDIT: Wow, I am scrolling through these other folks saying that at my height and weighing 170, they were wearing tiny sizes. When i was 170, I was wearing a size 18. I have always had a large frame though, "big-boned" they called it when I was a kid. :happy:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    For me, I'm about 5 foot 6 inches...

Size 12 has ranged from 160-175 (at 175 they got really tight lol)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Everything people said.

I posted recently my dress size (14) at my current height and weight (someone wanted to know). Someone else said I must be fat (well, she didn't quite say it that way) becaue she was in that size when she weighed 50 lbs more than me. She's a size 10 at my height and weight, which I'd have to be 35 pounds lighter to fit into. But I'm curvey - even when I had a BMI of 17 I was curvey.

Don't sweat the dress size. It even varies by who you're buying from.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Really impossible to tell because there are so many variables at work. Height, body composition, frame size, to name a few. It's wildly different from person to person. For example, I'm only 5' tall; many people my height are at their ideal weight at 100-105 pounds while I wore a size 2 at 125 pounds because of my heavy frame and muscular build. I can't even fathom getting down to the numbers many people my height do, but look the same size at a much heavier weight.

Sizes are based on measurements rather than weight. I found this site which is sort of a fun tool; put in measurements and it will give you your size at a number of major clothing stores. Check to see what a 12 is in that regard and compare it to your current measurements and you can probably get an idea of how far away you are. http://sizes.darkgreener.com/

Bummer! I have to lose more weight before I can even use this tool. :laugh:
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", 170, size 12.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5'6" - 172. I'm comfortably in most of mt size 12s, shrinking out of a few and shrinking in to a few. I find that the better quality clothing runs a bit smaller and the cheaper stuff is roomier.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear shape I'm 5'6" 160 and size 12, med/small shirts.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I can never quite figure out what my figure is, but as it stands now, I'm in between a 10-12 in the stores I shop at ( I think, I haven't shopped for clothes since about 194) and I stand at 188 right now, and I've been in a 14-12 since I was about 200... ish. I'm 5'5".

Now I don't store hop very often, as I stay mostly in JCP, Gap, and Lucky Brand jeans. I went into Abercrombie and scared myself out of it because, for some reason, their store/clothing styles/how they do sizing freaked me out. And I'd rather not fail. Failing just makes me discouraged!

I guess I'm heavier than I look, that or as my husband tells me, I'm a sparrow in a pigeon's body! I dunno, but I'm hoping after my 30days of shredding that I'm fully in a size 10 at least!
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and was a 12/14 @ 162lbs