ACE weight loss

Options

Replies

• cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I took them for a month lost 12 lbs in two wks then nothing I didnt have the energy anymore itd like it just stop working.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    no, just no. :noway:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I never heard of ACE until this thread. The ingredients listed in OP are all safe & considered healthy.

But eating healthy & working out regularly will give good results. A little patience is called for. Being healthy & fit takes time.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    It also contains Vanadium, which can be toxic, but not in the amount listed on the label. If you take ACE don't get to thinking more is better.
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I also take ACE. Once a day...and give myself 1 day or 2 days off per week...mostly because I am cheap and this seems cost effective. I think the extreme 10 lbs in the 1st week is the age old water loss. I think I lost 3 but I had less to lose anyway. I do NOT take it with my vitamins...that just didn't work for me. I have the worst time late in the day, so I take it at 2 or 3 in the afternoon and do pretty well with cravings. The best aspect that I have experienced is that I have given up pop/ soda all together and many others that I know that are using ACE say the same. It's like I crave water now ...which is good. I did change the way I eat and exercise and if it's a crutch, well, I guess it's a good one for me. There may be that placebo effect, I don't know. But like many, many weight loss aids that people use...it is all about MAINTAINING. That is usually your/ our downfall whether it's after Jenny, or WW or whatever. Sooner or later it has to be a choice to feed your body nutritionally or stuff meaningless calories in it. Success or failure doesn't ride on the pill but on the person.
  • Kaylalovewell
    Options
    I've been on ACE for about 2 months now and have lost 18 pounds. I started taking it about 2 months after I had my 2nd child. In both of my pregnancies I was careless with my eating and gained 60 pounds with each of them. I lost the weight without any kind of supplements after my first child but it took me over a year. I'm just a few pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight already and my daughter is only almost 5 months. Of course I would like to get down to a healthy BMI so I still have more weight to lose, but I'd like to be at my goal weight by August and ACE is helping me do it. I don't eat unhealthy like some people do while on ACE. I simply use it for the energy and appetite suppressant. It is helping me learn portion control. And every now and then I crave sweets, like that time of the month, and I can have those things in moderation without completely blowing my diet. I'm definitely a fan of ACE and I have tons of friends and family that have also had success.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emilylanham917
    emilylanham917 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been taking ACE 3 days ago, so I can't really weigh in on long term results, but I started to take it for energy, not really weight loss per say. I tried the HCG diet in March and it literally wrecked my metabolism. That fad diet, I tried to lose weight, but I admit, it was insane. After that I started MFP and decided to change my lifestyle. After a month of no energy or motivation, I thought I would try ACE. I've had more energy in the past 3 days than I had in the past 2 months combined. I am a coffee drinker, but that's the extent of my caffeine intake (besides ACE), energy drinks or anything with taurine I just cannot do. They make me feel like my heart is about to explode. ACE does not do that. I take one pill a day in the morning and it gives me enough energy to get through the day and continue with my normal routine. If you are wanting to try ACE, I suggest trying it for a few weeks to see how you like it. It says not to take with other pills, so like with any diet drug, be cautious.
  • Herringps
    Herringps Posts: 1
    Options
    Has your sleeping habits changed since you started ACE?
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I sleep even better. I try not to snack after supper..unless it is a few nuts. I know it isn't all because of ACE that I have lost weight. 16 pounds...but that's over 5 months. I just crave water and real food now. My binges are on strawberries...or grapes or watermelon, not soda and chips. Part ACE...part a healthy food intake...part yoga every day....part fellowship and advice from MFP. I take one ACE per day - 4 to 6 times per WEEK...several days off. Lots of water...no soda. That's my plan and there all lots of folks that don't agree and I totally respect that. I only ask that they respect my choices as well. :flowerforyou:
  • BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Anybody have side effects while taking ACE? I read on a forum that some people had to stay near a bathroom. But it also says that you can get your money back if you can't take it. Is there DMAA in them?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/483267-saba-health-supplement-side-effects/
  • emilylanham917
    emilylanham917 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The only reason I need to go to the bathroom all the time is because I drink a ton of water. I haven't noticed anything different since I started taking ACE as far as that goes. My sleep habits are the same, you aren't supposed to take the pill after noon or you might be up later than normal. You can get on the Saba website and read the ingredients. I don't think it has DMAA in it... but I could be wrong. It really does help with the no energy problem and helps to curb snacking. I still snack here and there, but it isn't out of control.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Hard to find real information on this product as it is another MLM who's company floods the internet with distributers of the product. ....but I never give up.

"ACE's energy 'boost' comes from 3 ingredients: caffeine, Phenylethalamine HCl and 1,3-dimetheylpentylamine, also known as DMAA.sabaforlife(dot)com/en/81/defa ult.aspx

Two soldiers died last year from heart attacks after using products with these SAME ingredients. The products have been banned for sale on all Army bases now.

"The company and retailers say that DMAA is a dietary supplement. But some medical experts said it should be classified as a drug, which would require approval from the Food and Drug Administration before it could be marketed."

"The Army investigation comes as the F.D.A. has been increasing its scrutiny of the supplement industry. Tamara Ward, a spokeswoman for the F.D.A., declined to comment on whether the agency was investigating products containing DMAA."

"Some sports organizations including the World Anti-Doping Authority, the international body that regulates drug use by Olympic athletes, and several professional sports leagues have listed DMAA as a banned stimulant. In Canada, where the government health agency has classified DMAA as a drug, companies cannot sell products containing it as a dietary supplement."
  • scullums
    scullums Posts: 2
    Options
    I have just heard about this product and am always skeptical, but have heard good things so far. I have a very under active thyroid and take meds for it daily, I am also active, and eat healthy but can't lose the pounds. I am thinking about trying this to jump start my weight loss, but don't want to be on it forever. If anyone else has some experience with thyroid issues and takes this, please share. Thanks!
  • FashionableZoe
    Options
    Taking ACE for the last two months---but seem to be stuck and not losing any more weight. Anyone have any suggestions
  • shellyway
    shellyway Posts: 2
    Options
    Im on high blood pressure meds, simvastatin for cholesterol, and birth control.....oh, and potassium because of the blood pressure meds.....could i still take ACE?
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @shellyway - DO NOT TAKE ACE!! First of all someone with high blood pressure should steer clear of caffeine. Not to mention the fact that since it is a "supplement" it is not regulated by FDA in terms of reactions/interactions with medical conditions and medications. I would personally steer clear.
  • shellyway
    shellyway Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you!
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!!!
  • deaninehaynes
    deaninehaynes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it about a week. I'm noticing more energy and not being hungry as I'm trying to reduce my calories. I ave only been taking one a day around 11. Maybe it's all in my head, but if it's working, I'm in!
This discussion has been closed.