ACE weight loss

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I hear what people are saying about learning to deal with cravings and hunger is an important part of the process of changing your lifestyle and keeping your changes permanent. I do hear it. HOWEVER. When I'm sick, I take Tylenol to feel better, even though it might be prolonging the illness by artificially reducing my fever. But I'm really not that into suffering, and I need to be able to stay on my feet and keep working. Some weight loss aids may do just that for people, because being hungry a lot of the time is HARD. Some people can deal with it better than others. Weight loss aids might not be for some people, but for others, they can be a tremendous help, and I don't think shaming people who have found something that works for them is productive.
    I believe the difference is that taking a drug like Tylenol is usually not going to be on a day to day basis, whereas weight loss aids usually end up being a dependency go to for many. This is why it's one of the most largest billion dollar industries that ISN'T federally regulated. Many don't even know the purity of the supplements they are taking due to 3rd party manufacturing and raw materials that aren't regulated in the countries they come from. I don't think ALL weight loss aids are useless, but the majority of the threads that tout them are trying to sell an idea of sales of the product rather than an objective look at how they are just an aid and not a solution.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I agree that regulation of dietary supplements is next to nonexistent. I would personally never take anything unless I researched it (medline, etc) and found what I believed to be credible information about its safety and efficacy.

Point also taken, that they can be a crutch that never goes away for some people as well. Believe it or not, that happens with Tylenol as well.

Bottom line, it sounds like you and I agree. :drinker:

Former A.C.E. certified aerobics instructor
    Former Member of IDEA
    Present research biologist
  • shannonbmll
    Options
    hi! I was wanting to know if anyone knew anything about the effects of dimethylpentylamine? It happens to be in a natural supplement that I want to take but I'm not sure just how serious it could negatively affect someone.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    hi! I was wanting to know if anyone knew anything about the effects of dimethylpentylamine? It happens to be in a natural supplement that I want to take but I'm not sure just how serious it could negatively affect someone.
    Its an banned substance as its been linked to irregular heart beat, glaucoma, heart attacks and death... so its your call
  • Hrconnor
    Options
    At the age of 51 and weight of 190........should I or shouldn't I?
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something? Didn't the OP say that the bottle states that you should take the pills along with a calorie deficit to lose weight? :huh:

Tell you what. You can send me the money you spend on the pills. I'll tell you to eat at a deficit. You lose weight. And you won't have to ever swallow a pill!!! Same thing right? :smokin:
  • psuLemon
    Options
    At the age of 51 and weight of 190........should I or shouldn't I?

Only if you want to waste your money.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm on the opposite... an ACE Inhibiter. :wink:
    Though I'm probably moving to a diuretic instead.

(High BP meds :tongue:)
  • mrshyatt18
    Options
    It kind of saddens me that so many people are attacking others for what works for them. So what if they take them, lose the weight, get off the pills, and then gain the weight back. We should be supporting each others journey to learning what works for us. If one thing worked for everyone we wouldn't all be here. I say if it works for you do it, when it stops working try something else. It's a life long journey. I wish everyone success in what ever they choose is right for them. The world is a hard enough place, we don't need additional people telling us we are wrong or it won't work.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    It kind of saddens me that so many people are attacking others for what works for them. So what if they take them, lose the weight, get off the pills, and then gain the weight back. We should be supporting each others journey to learning what works for us. If one thing worked for everyone we wouldn't all be here. I say if it works for you do it, when it stops working try something else. It's a life long journey. I wish everyone success in what ever they choose is right for them. The world is a hard enough place, we don't need additional people telling us we are wrong or it won't work.

So, even though something has been linked to serious health issues, such as heart attacks, we should still go ahead and be all butterflies and unicorns and support the decision to use it?

OK....

spVrM.gif
  • psuLemon
    Options

If they lose the weight and then gain it back, it didn't work. In fact, if that's the case, it made their journey much longer. So we are actually providing greater support by letting them know the pills won't provide any benefit and try to get them on the right track. Heck, I can't tell you how many people I have helped over the years by providing advice when it wasn't solicited. Heck, if you are new, how do you even know what to ask?

Also, disagreements =/= attacks. In fact, you become more educated with you disagree with someone's approach. But in the end, its the user who has to make the decision. If they want to waste their money on pills, they have that right, but when they fail, we will help them.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank you for warning about health risks to ace diet pills. The death of soldiers from heart attacks scared me INTO FORGETTING THE IDEA ! I hope others reading this will not risk harming themselves. I have long list of health problems and heart issues is one of them. You probably saved me from heart attack or death. Thanks OP for asking question, thanks everyone who warns of danger...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    One thing does work......................calorie deficit. Unless one is cutting off a limb, one isn't going to lose weight without calorie deficit. There is NO DISPUTE from any journals of medicine, science, physiology, etc. on this.
    And supporting people is giving them correct information on other BS diets that are only temporary. Having done the homework and correct research then giving the info for free to the public is supporting them.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • twinmaker2007
    Options
    I have struggled with being over weight MY WHOLE LIFE!!! I have done soo many YO YO DIETS!!!! That have literally ruined me! I cant have Gluten Anymore! My Diet consists of healthly life style changes! My Metabolism is so slow! ACE Works as a tool to help speed up your metabolism some people just need an extra boost!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I have struggled with being over weight MY WHOLE LIFE!!! I have done soo many YO YO DIETS!!!! That have literally ruined me! I cant have Gluten Anymore! My Diet consists of healthly life style changes! My Metabolism is so slow! ACE Works as a tool to help speed up your metabolism some people just need an extra boost!
    The amount of metabolism speed up is insignificant from any pill. You may "feel" more energized, but that's due to almost all pills containing a STIMULANT of some type.
    Slow metabolisms are RARE. Most of the time it has more to do with lack of activity and eating too much. There are studies that have proven slow metabolisms don't really exist:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/slow-metabolism/AN00618

http://www.tnonline.com/2010/jun/26/no-such-thing-slow-metabolism

People that have "fast" metabolisms usually have more lean muscle mass. We're not talking the steroid muscle heads, but just people who have more lean muscle from resistance training. Change your training and your metabolism gets influenced.

IDEA Fitness member
  • couponmommie7
    Options
    I love my ACE I have lost 40lbs in 3 months and went from a size 10 to a 6!!!! I love the energy it gives me not jittery or anything but a clean energy all day long. They have some awesome products!
  • elle2bee
    elle2bee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see a post where it says I can sit around on my fat butt all day, do nothing, eat what I want, drink what I want and still lose weight. To me that would be a miracle diet pill and I would invest like no other.

What I do see if everyone has started drinking more water, stopped drinking sodas, working out more with a low caloric intake. If you do all this, you don't need to spend money on ACE (which is hella expensive) to lose weight. You've already made a diet change and that's why you're getting results. I'm not seeing where ACE is actually the remedy for weight loss. Looks like their diet habits have improved to promote the weight loss.

I have a friend who sell this and swears by it. I have 2 friends who have bought it. One friend works out and eats healthy while on it and no results. The other friend just takes the pill, hasn't changed eating habits and doesn't work out in hopes its a miracle pill and no results. Both has opted not to buy it again as it didn't make a difference other than a little added energy boost 30 minutes after taking it. They are both ticked that they spent money on these.

It felt good to say, "I told you so."
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I love my ACE I have lost 40lbs in 3 months and went from a size 10 to a 6!!!! I love the energy it gives me not jittery or anything but a clean energy all day long. They have some awesome products!
    ANY diet plan works if you follow it. Slimfast, Herbalife, Atkins, etc. all have one thing in common..............................calorie reduction. One doesn't need a supplement do achieve it. They just need to put less in to their bodies.

IDEA Fitness member
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am not saying that it loses weight for me, but it certainly helps me. Before ACE I have worked out...ate right...nothing was happening...for months. Then I went into a slump and slept all the time. Now that I am on ACE, I have energy through out the day, I drink more water, and I don't go for the chips. Even on my skip days. I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1300 calories a day. I am not saying that ACE is for everyone, but I can say that I know tons of people that are happy with ACE and are showing fantastic results.
  • sauerkraut55
    Options
    so why spend the money on pills, if you are going to cut out pop and peanuts and eating out. If you are a big pop drinker, just cutting back on that will help you lose weight, all these pills are a waste of money, if a person just cuts out or back on the sweets and inbetween meals, drink more water, and quit drinking pop, you are going to lose weight. I have tried all these pills, green bean coffee extract, raspberry ketones, garcinia cambogia, etc., and now ACE is suppose to have all those ingredients in it. Waste of money
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hi my friends are taking them for around 2months and i havent seen any change.. i did hear 60 bucks a month..wow... that s alot for my pocket .. yes i know i have gained weight but because i am spoiled i havent set my mind,. wish them the best on ACE pills.
This discussion has been closed.